|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, Scenes at the Plantation | Chapter 17, The Flight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following terms best describes good, kind slaveholders?
(a) Do not exist.
(b) All slaveholders are good and kind.
2. When does the slave auction and hiring day occur each year?
(a) January 15th.
(b) December 25th.
(c) January 1st.
(d) February 21st.
3. What is the main message behind Mr. Pike's sermons?
(a) To teach the slaves to read.
(b) To teach the slaves to obey their masters.
(c) To teach the slaves how to pray.
(d) To teach the slaves how to escape North.
4. Why does Linda never go hungry?
(a) Linda is her slaveholder's favorite.
(b) Linda is a cook and steals food.
(c) Linda's grandmother provides her with extra food.
(d) Linda is not a slave and is able to provide her own food.
5. Whom does Linda teach to read despite the fear of being caught?
(a) Aunt Marthy.
(b) Uncle Fred.
(d) Mr. Sands.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the slaves fear auction/hiring day?
2. Who does Linda fall in love with?
3. What does Linda convince her lover to do?
4. Why doesn't Linda tell her family about her hiding place?
5. What is the man's name who dies a horrific way on Mr. Litch's plantation?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)