|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, Scenes at the Plantation | Chapter 17, The Flight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Linda's lover propose to do for her?
(a) He proposes to sell her to another slaveholder.
(b) He proposes to move into Aunt Marthy's.
(c) He proposes to marry her and wishes to buy her.
(d) He proposes to escape slavery with her.
2. Dr. Flint tells Linda that he has seen an escaped friend of hers in the free states, living in such terrible circumstances that she begs for what?
(a) To be beaten by her master.
(c) To flee to another state.
(d) To be returned to slavery.
3. What does Linda convince her lover to do?
(a) She convinces him to kill himself.
(b) She convinces him to go North and seek his fortune.
(c) She convinces him to free her from slavery.
(d) She convinces him to become a slave.
4. What do the slaveholders tell the slaves about life in the Northern states?
(a) They are told that the Northern states have slavery too.
(b) They are told that it is bliss.
(c) They are told that they will freeze to death if they flee North.
(d) They are told that it is more difficult and unpleasant than their current lives in slavery.
5. Who does Linda bring with her to the plantation?
(c) Aunt Marthy.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the slave auction and hiring day occur each year?
2. Why does Linda never go hungry?
3. Why do the slaves fear auction/hiring day?
4. What item does the young Mrs. Flint deny an old feeble slave?
5. Who exposes Linda to the hardships of slavery for the first time?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)