|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, Scenes at the Plantation | Chapter 17, The Flight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Linda tell her family about her hiding place?
(a) So they can truthfully say they have no idea where she is.
(b) So they cannot turn her in to The Flint family.
(c) Linda never hid, so she had no reason to tell them anything.
(d) To protect her children.
2. How do Northerners who move South and purchase slaves tend to treat their slaves?
(a) They tend to treat them kinder.
(b) They tend to treat them harsher.
(c) Northerners do not move South to purchase slaves.
(d) They tend to treat them the same.
3. What is the man's name who dies a horrific way on Mr. Litch's plantation?
4. What does Linda convince her lover to do?
(a) She convinces him to become a slave.
(b) She convinces him to kill himself.
(c) She convinces him to free her from slavery.
(d) She convinces him to go North and seek his fortune.
5. What does Linda take from her grandmother's house to make it appear as though she has run up North?
(a) Her grandmother.
(b) Her belongings.
(c) Her grandmother's money.
(d) Her children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What types of activities are common on Mr. Litch's plantation?
2. At what time of day are the slaves allowed to attend church?
3. What do the slaveholders tell the slaves about life in the Northern states?
4. When does the slave auction and hiring day occur each year?
5. Which of the following terms best describes good, kind slaveholders?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)