|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, Scenes at the Plantation | Chapter 17, The Flight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Linda never go hungry?
(a) Linda's grandmother provides her with extra food.
(b) Linda is a cook and steals food.
(c) Linda is not a slave and is able to provide her own food.
(d) Linda is her slaveholder's favorite.
2. When Linda is sent to the Flint house she witnesses countless horrors. Why is one slave beaten within an inch of his life?
(a) The slave steals food from Dr. Flint's daughter.
(b) The slave fathers a child with Mrs. Flint.
(c) The slave suspects Dr. Flint is the father of his wife's child.
(d) The slave spits at Dr. Flint.
3. Which of the following terms best describes good, kind slaveholders?
(a) Do not exist.
(b) All slaveholders are good and kind.
4. What does Linda convince her lover to do?
(a) She convinces him to become a slave.
(b) She convinces him to go North and seek his fortune.
(c) She convinces him to kill himself.
(d) She convinces him to free her from slavery.
5. At what time of day are the slaves allowed to attend church?
(a) In the afternoon.
(b) At midmight.
(c) In the middle of the night.
(d) In the early morning.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Linda's lover propose to do for her?
2. What do the slaveholders tell the slaves about life in the Northern states?
3. What is a muster?
4. What item does the young Mrs. Flint deny an old feeble slave?
5. Whom does Linda teach to read despite the fear of being caught?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)