|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, Scenes at the Plantation | Chapter 17, The Flight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character is jealous of Linda?
(b) Mrs. Flint.
(d) Aunt Marthy.
2. What is the main message behind Mr. Pike's sermons?
(a) To teach the slaves how to escape North.
(b) To teach the slaves to obey their masters.
(c) To teach the slaves to read.
(d) To teach the slaves how to pray.
3. Why do the slaves fear auction/hiring day?
(a) It forces the slaves to choose their owners.
(b) It tears families apart.
(c) It takes away their property.
(d) It forces people to marry.
4. What is a muster?
(a) When the white folks raid the homes of the slaves and free black people.
(b) When a slave escapes to the North.
(c) When a slaveholder beats a slave.
(d) When a slave marries a free person.
5. Approximately how many slave children has Dr. Flint fathered?
Short Answer Questions
1. How often does the town usually have a muster?
2. How do Northerners who move South and purchase slaves tend to treat their slaves?
3. Why does Linda never go hungry?
4. What does Linda take from her grandmother's house to make it appear as though she has run up North?
5. Who does Linda bring with her to the plantation?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)