|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, Scenes at the Plantation | Chapter 17, The Flight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character is jealous of Linda?
(c) Mrs. Flint.
(d) Aunt Marthy.
2. What item does the young Mrs. Flint deny an old feeble slave?
(a) His share of work.
(b) His medication.
(c) His clothing.
(d) His meat ration.
3. What is the man's name who dies a horrific way on Mr. Litch's plantation?
4. Who finds it difficult to adjust to life in bondage in Chapter 2?
(b) Aunt Marthy.
5. Who exposes Linda to the hardships of slavery for the first time?
(a) William Brent.
(b) Harriet Jacobs.
(c) Aunt Marthy.
(d) Dr. Flint.
Short Answer Questions
1. How often does the town usually have a muster?
2. Approximately how many slave children has Dr. Flint fathered?
3. What does Linda convince her lover to do?
4. What types of activities are common on Mr. Litch's plantation?
5. Whom does Linda teach to read despite the fear of being caught?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)