|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, Scenes at the Plantation | Chapter 17, The Flight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are the biracial children of slaveholders treated?
(a) They are treated the same as any other slave.
(b) They stay with their mothers, but are granted freedom.
(c) They live with their fathers.
(d) The slaveholders did not father any illegitimate children.
2. What types of activities are common on Mr. Litch's plantation?
(a) Beatings, whippings, and murders.
(b) Kindness, love, and honor.
(c) Running, playing, and jumping.
(d) Parties, gambling, and drinking.
3. Who finds it difficult to adjust to life in bondage in Chapter 2?
(d) Aunt Marthy.
4. What event prompts Linda's town to have a muster?
(a) Nat Turner's insurrection.
(b) Benjamin's escape to the North.
(c) The death of a slave.
(d) Linda's disappearance.
5. When does the slave auction and hiring day occur each year?
(a) December 25th.
(b) February 21st.
(c) January 15th.
(d) January 1st.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Linda tell her family about her hiding place?
2. How many miles does Linda have to walk to see her family?
3. Who does Linda bring with her to the plantation?
4. How often does the town usually have a muster?
5. Approximately how many slave children has Dr. Flint fathered?
This section contains 238 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)