|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, Scenes at the Plantation | Chapter 17, The Flight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Linda's lover propose to do for her?
(a) He proposes to marry her and wishes to buy her.
(b) He proposes to move into Aunt Marthy's.
(c) He proposes to sell her to another slaveholder.
(d) He proposes to escape slavery with her.
2. Which character is jealous of Linda?
(b) Aunt Marthy.
(c) Mrs. Flint.
3. How do Northerners who move South and purchase slaves tend to treat their slaves?
(a) They tend to treat them the same.
(b) They tend to treat them harsher.
(c) Northerners do not move South to purchase slaves.
(d) They tend to treat them kinder.
4. What do the slaveholders tell the slaves about life in the Northern states?
(a) They are told that they will freeze to death if they flee North.
(b) They are told that it is bliss.
(c) They are told that the Northern states have slavery too.
(d) They are told that it is more difficult and unpleasant than their current lives in slavery.
5. Approximately how many slave children has Dr. Flint fathered?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Linda fall in love with?
2. How often does the town usually have a muster?
3. Why doesn't Linda tell her family about her hiding place?
4. When Linda is sent to the Flint house she witnesses countless horrors. Why is one slave beaten within an inch of his life?
5. What types of activities are common on Mr. Litch's plantation?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)