|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, Scenes at the Plantation | Chapter 17, The Flight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How often does the town usually have a muster?
(a) Twice each year.
(b) Once a year.
(c) Once a month.
(d) Once every five years.
2. Dr. Flint tells Linda that he has seen an escaped friend of hers in the free states, living in such terrible circumstances that she begs for what?
(a) To be beaten by her master.
(b) To flee to another state.
(d) To be returned to slavery.
3. What do the slaveholders tell the slaves about life in the Northern states?
(a) They are told that it is more difficult and unpleasant than their current lives in slavery.
(b) They are told that it is bliss.
(c) They are told that they will freeze to death if they flee North.
(d) They are told that the Northern states have slavery too.
4. What is the man's name who dies a horrific way on Mr. Litch's plantation?
5. Which character is jealous of Linda?
(a) Aunt Marthy.
(b) Mrs. Flint.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following terms best describes good, kind slaveholders?
2. At what time of day are the slaves allowed to attend church?
3. How do Northerners who move South and purchase slaves tend to treat their slaves?
4. What is the main message behind Mr. Pike's sermons?
5. Why does Linda never go hungry?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)