|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, Scenes at the Plantation | Chapter 17, The Flight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Approximately how many slave children has Dr. Flint fathered?
2. Dr. Flint tells Linda that he has seen an escaped friend of hers in the free states, living in such terrible circumstances that she begs for what?
(a) To be returned to slavery.
(b) To flee to another state.
(c) To be beaten by her master.
3. What event prompts Linda's town to have a muster?
(a) The death of a slave.
(b) Linda's disappearance.
(c) Nat Turner's insurrection.
(d) Benjamin's escape to the North.
4. When Linda is sent to the Flint house she witnesses countless horrors. Why is one slave beaten within an inch of his life?
(a) The slave fathers a child with Mrs. Flint.
(b) The slave suspects Dr. Flint is the father of his wife's child.
(c) The slave spits at Dr. Flint.
(d) The slave steals food from Dr. Flint's daughter.
5. How are the biracial children of slaveholders treated?
(a) They live with their fathers.
(b) They stay with their mothers, but are granted freedom.
(c) The slaveholders did not father any illegitimate children.
(d) They are treated the same as any other slave.
Short Answer Questions
1. What types of activities are common on Mr. Litch's plantation?
2. Who does Linda bring with her to the plantation?
3. What is a muster?
4. How do Northerners who move South and purchase slaves tend to treat their slaves?
5. How many miles does Linda have to walk to see her family?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)