|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, Scenes at the Plantation | Chapter 17, The Flight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are the biracial children of slaveholders treated?
(a) They live with their fathers.
(b) They stay with their mothers, but are granted freedom.
(c) The slaveholders did not father any illegitimate children.
(d) They are treated the same as any other slave.
2. Why doesn't Linda tell her family about her hiding place?
(a) To protect her children.
(b) So they cannot turn her in to The Flint family.
(c) Linda never hid, so she had no reason to tell them anything.
(d) So they can truthfully say they have no idea where she is.
3. Whom does Linda teach to read despite the fear of being caught?
(a) Uncle Fred.
(b) Mr. Sands.
(d) Aunt Marthy.
4. Who does Linda fall in love with?
(a) Dr. Flint.
(c) A free black man in her town.
5. How many miles does Linda have to walk to see her family?
(a) Twenty miles.
(b) One mile.
(c) Six miles.
(d) Ten miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the slaves fear auction/hiring day?
2. Who exposes Linda to the hardships of slavery for the first time?
3. What item does the young Mrs. Flint deny an old feeble slave?
4. What is posted within 24 hours of Linda's disappearance?
5. Approximately how many slave children has Dr. Flint fathered?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)