|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, Scenes at the Plantation | Chapter 17, The Flight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Linda is sent to the Flint house she witnesses countless horrors. Why is one slave beaten within an inch of his life?
(a) The slave fathers a child with Mrs. Flint.
(b) The slave steals food from Dr. Flint's daughter.
(c) The slave spits at Dr. Flint.
(d) The slave suspects Dr. Flint is the father of his wife's child.
2. Why doesn't Linda tell her family about her hiding place?
(a) To protect her children.
(b) So they can truthfully say they have no idea where she is.
(c) So they cannot turn her in to The Flint family.
(d) Linda never hid, so she had no reason to tell them anything.
3. How do Northerners who move South and purchase slaves tend to treat their slaves?
(a) They tend to treat them the same.
(b) Northerners do not move South to purchase slaves.
(c) They tend to treat them kinder.
(d) They tend to treat them harsher.
4. What event prompts Linda's town to have a muster?
(a) Benjamin's escape to the North.
(b) Nat Turner's insurrection.
(c) The death of a slave.
(d) Linda's disappearance.
5. What is the man's name who dies a horrific way on Mr. Litch's plantation?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the slaves fear auction/hiring day?
2. How are the biracial children of slaveholders treated?
3. Who does Linda bring with her to the plantation?
4. When does the slave auction and hiring day occur each year?
5. How often does the town usually have a muster?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)