|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, Scenes at the Plantation | Chapter 17, The Flight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Linda bring with her to the plantation?
(a) Aunt Marthy.
2. How often does the town usually have a muster?
(a) Once a month.
(b) Once a year.
(c) Twice each year.
(d) Once every five years.
3. What is a muster?
(a) When the white folks raid the homes of the slaves and free black people.
(b) When a slaveholder beats a slave.
(c) When a slave escapes to the North.
(d) When a slave marries a free person.
4. Why does Linda never go hungry?
(a) Linda is her slaveholder's favorite.
(b) Linda is not a slave and is able to provide her own food.
(c) Linda's grandmother provides her with extra food.
(d) Linda is a cook and steals food.
5. How do Northerners who move South and purchase slaves tend to treat their slaves?
(a) They tend to treat them kinder.
(b) They tend to treat them harsher.
(c) They tend to treat them the same.
(d) Northerners do not move South to purchase slaves.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following terms best describes good, kind slaveholders?
2. Approximately how many slave children has Dr. Flint fathered?
3. What is the man's name who dies a horrific way on Mr. Litch's plantation?
4. What event prompts Linda's town to have a muster?
5. What do the slaveholders tell the slaves about life in the Northern states?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)