|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, Scenes at the Plantation | Chapter 17, The Flight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the slaves fear auction/hiring day?
(a) It tears families apart.
(b) It forces the slaves to choose their owners.
(c) It takes away their property.
(d) It forces people to marry.
2. How are the biracial children of slaveholders treated?
(a) They stay with their mothers, but are granted freedom.
(b) They live with their fathers.
(c) The slaveholders did not father any illegitimate children.
(d) They are treated the same as any other slave.
3. Who finds it difficult to adjust to life in bondage in Chapter 2?
(c) Aunt Marthy.
4. What is a muster?
(a) When a slave escapes to the North.
(b) When the white folks raid the homes of the slaves and free black people.
(c) When a slaveholder beats a slave.
(d) When a slave marries a free person.
5. Who does Linda fall in love with?
(a) Dr. Flint.
(b) A free black man in her town.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following terms best describes good, kind slaveholders?
2. What types of activities are common on Mr. Litch's plantation?
3. How often does the town usually have a muster?
4. What is the man's name who dies a horrific way on Mr. Litch's plantation?
5. How many miles does Linda have to walk to see her family?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)