|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, Scenes at the Plantation | Chapter 17, The Flight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Linda tell her family about her hiding place?
(a) Linda never hid, so she had no reason to tell them anything.
(b) So they cannot turn her in to The Flint family.
(c) To protect her children.
(d) So they can truthfully say they have no idea where she is.
2. What does Linda take from her grandmother's house to make it appear as though she has run up North?
(a) Her grandmother's money.
(b) Her grandmother.
(c) Her children.
(d) Her belongings.
3. When Linda is sent to the Flint house she witnesses countless horrors. Why is one slave beaten within an inch of his life?
(a) The slave steals food from Dr. Flint's daughter.
(b) The slave spits at Dr. Flint.
(c) The slave suspects Dr. Flint is the father of his wife's child.
(d) The slave fathers a child with Mrs. Flint.
4. Whom does Linda teach to read despite the fear of being caught?
(b) Aunt Marthy.
(c) Mr. Sands.
(d) Uncle Fred.
5. How do Northerners who move South and purchase slaves tend to treat their slaves?
(a) Northerners do not move South to purchase slaves.
(b) They tend to treat them the same.
(c) They tend to treat them kinder.
(d) They tend to treat them harsher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Linda's lover propose to do for her?
2. Who does Linda fall in love with?
3. When does the slave auction and hiring day occur each year?
4. Approximately how many slave children has Dr. Flint fathered?
5. Who does Linda bring with her to the plantation?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)