|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, Scenes at the Plantation | Chapter 17, The Flight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Approximately how many slave children has Dr. Flint fathered?
2. What is the main message behind Mr. Pike's sermons?
(a) To teach the slaves to read.
(b) To teach the slaves to obey their masters.
(c) To teach the slaves how to escape North.
(d) To teach the slaves how to pray.
3. What does Linda convince her lover to do?
(a) She convinces him to go North and seek his fortune.
(b) She convinces him to free her from slavery.
(c) She convinces him to kill himself.
(d) She convinces him to become a slave.
4. What does Linda's lover propose to do for her?
(a) He proposes to escape slavery with her.
(b) He proposes to marry her and wishes to buy her.
(c) He proposes to move into Aunt Marthy's.
(d) He proposes to sell her to another slaveholder.
5. Why doesn't Linda tell her family about her hiding place?
(a) To protect her children.
(b) So they can truthfully say they have no idea where she is.
(c) Linda never hid, so she had no reason to tell them anything.
(d) So they cannot turn her in to The Flint family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Linda never go hungry?
2. Why do the slaves fear auction/hiring day?
3. Which character is jealous of Linda?
4. What is a muster?
5. When Linda is sent to the Flint house she witnesses countless horrors. Why is one slave beaten within an inch of his life?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)