|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, Scenes at the Plantation | Chapter 17, The Flight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Linda take from her grandmother's house to make it appear as though she has run up North?
(a) Her grandmother.
(b) Her grandmother's money.
(c) Her belongings.
(d) Her children.
2. Which of the following terms best describes good, kind slaveholders?
(c) All slaveholders are good and kind.
(d) Do not exist.
3. Why does Linda never go hungry?
(a) Linda is not a slave and is able to provide her own food.
(b) Linda is her slaveholder's favorite.
(c) Linda is a cook and steals food.
(d) Linda's grandmother provides her with extra food.
4. When does the slave auction and hiring day occur each year?
(a) January 1st.
(b) February 21st.
(c) January 15th.
(d) December 25th.
5. Dr. Flint tells Linda that he has seen an escaped friend of hers in the free states, living in such terrible circumstances that she begs for what?
(a) To flee to another state.
(b) To be beaten by her master.
(c) To be returned to slavery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the slaveholders tell the slaves about life in the Northern states?
2. What is a muster?
3. What is the man's name who dies a horrific way on Mr. Litch's plantation?
4. How do Northerners who move South and purchase slaves tend to treat their slaves?
5. What event prompts Linda's town to have a muster?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)