|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, Scenes at the Plantation | Chapter 17, The Flight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event prompts Linda's town to have a muster?
(a) Benjamin's escape to the North.
(b) Linda's disappearance.
(c) The death of a slave.
(d) Nat Turner's insurrection.
2. How often does the town usually have a muster?
(a) Twice each year.
(b) Once a year.
(c) Once every five years.
(d) Once a month.
3. Which character is jealous of Linda?
(a) Aunt Marthy.
(c) Mrs. Flint.
4. Who exposes Linda to the hardships of slavery for the first time?
(a) William Brent.
(b) Aunt Marthy.
(c) Dr. Flint.
(d) Harriet Jacobs.
5. At what time of day are the slaves allowed to attend church?
(a) In the afternoon.
(b) In the early morning.
(c) In the middle of the night.
(d) At midmight.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the slave auction and hiring day occur each year?
2. What does Linda take from her grandmother's house to make it appear as though she has run up North?
3. How do Northerners who move South and purchase slaves tend to treat their slaves?
4. Who does Linda fall in love with?
5. What does Linda convince her lover to do?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)