|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16, Scenes at the Plantation | Chapter 17, The Flight.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the man's name who dies a horrific way on Mr. Litch's plantation?
2. How often does the town usually have a muster?
(a) Once a month.
(b) Once every five years.
(c) Twice each year.
(d) Once a year.
3. What does Linda's lover propose to do for her?
(a) He proposes to sell her to another slaveholder.
(b) He proposes to marry her and wishes to buy her.
(c) He proposes to move into Aunt Marthy's.
(d) He proposes to escape slavery with her.
4. What types of activities are common on Mr. Litch's plantation?
(a) Kindness, love, and honor.
(b) Parties, gambling, and drinking.
(c) Beatings, whippings, and murders.
(d) Running, playing, and jumping.
5. What do the slaveholders tell the slaves about life in the Northern states?
(a) They are told that the Northern states have slavery too.
(b) They are told that it is bliss.
(c) They are told that it is more difficult and unpleasant than their current lives in slavery.
(d) They are told that they will freeze to death if they flee North.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Linda never go hungry?
2. Which character is jealous of Linda?
3. Which of the following terms best describes good, kind slaveholders?
4. What does Linda convince her lover to do?
5. How many miles does Linda have to walk to see her family?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)