|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29, Preparations for Escape.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who offers to hide Linda after she has hidden in the bushes?
(a) A kind slaveholder woman in town.
(b) The Flints.
(c) Mr. Sands.
(d) A kind slaveholder man in town.
2. Why does William accompany Mr. Sands to Washington?
(a) To find Linda's children.
(b) To escape from slavery.
(c) To find Linda.
(d) To be his assistant.
3. Which character does Linda meet with before she departs on her journey North?
(a) Dr. Flint.
(b) Mr. Sands.
(c) Aunt Nancy.
4. What does William do when he is in Washington?
(a) He kills Mr. Sands.
(b) Nothing. William does not go to Washington.
(c) He helps Linda escape from slavery.
(d) He escapes from slavery.
5. Where does Dr. Flint travel while searching for Linda?
(b) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. Linda changes her mind, and goes ahead and flees North when someone spots her. Who is it?
2. What event prompts Linda's town to have a muster?
3. Although Linda initially accepts the opportunity to escape, she is talked into staying. Who does Linda give her opportunity to?
4. How do Linda and her grandmother feel when William is no longer a daily part of their lives?
5. During Linda's meeting with the character in question #101, what information is discovered?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)