|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29, Preparations for Escape.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During Linda's meeting with the character in question #101, what information is discovered?
(a) Linda discovers that Aunt Nancy has died.
(b) Linda discovers that Benny has known about her hiding place for quite some time.
(c) Linda discovers that Dr. Flint is on his way to recapture her.
(d) Linda discovers that Mr. Sands has sold Ellen into slavery.
2. At what time of day are the slaves allowed to attend church?
(a) In the early morning.
(b) In the middle of the night.
(c) In the afternoon.
(d) At midmight.
3. How do Linda and her grandmother feel when William is no longer a daily part of their lives?
(a) They feel nothing.
(b) They feel saddened.
(c) They feel happy.
(d) They feel anger.
4. Which character is jealous of Linda?
(a) Mrs. Flint.
(d) Aunt Marthy.
5. How are the biracial children of slaveholders treated?
(a) They live with their fathers.
(b) The slaveholders did not father any illegitimate children.
(c) They stay with their mothers, but are granted freedom.
(d) They are treated the same as any other slave.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Linda fall in love with?
2. Mr. Sands considers William to be a coworker and a what?
3. Who buys Linda's children from the Flints?
4. Who informs Linda that her children have been sold?
5. Approximately how many slave children has Dr. Flint fathered?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)