|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29, Preparations for Escape.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During Linda's meeting with the character in question #101, what information is discovered?
(a) Linda discovers that Mr. Sands has sold Ellen into slavery.
(b) Linda discovers that Aunt Nancy has died.
(c) Linda discovers that Benny has known about her hiding place for quite some time.
(d) Linda discovers that Dr. Flint is on his way to recapture her.
2. Approximately how many slave children has Dr. Flint fathered?
3. What does Linda convince her lover to do?
(a) She convinces him to kill himself.
(b) She convinces him to go North and seek his fortune.
(c) She convinces him to become a slave.
(d) She convinces him to free her from slavery.
4. Where does Dr. Flint travel while searching for Linda?
(d) New York.
5. What is a muster?
(a) When a slaveholder beats a slave.
(b) When a slave escapes to the North.
(c) When the white folks raid the homes of the slaves and free black people.
(d) When a slave marries a free person.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Linda's lover propose to do for her?
2. Linda changes her mind, and goes ahead and flees North when someone spots her. Who is it?
3. Who becomes very ill in jail and goes to live with the Flints?
4. Which character does Linda meet with before she departs on her journey North?
5. How do Linda and William remain connected?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)