|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29, Preparations for Escape.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How often does the town usually have a muster?
(a) Once a month.
(b) Once every five years.
(c) Once a year.
(d) Twice each year.
2. How do Linda and William remain connected?
(a) They remain connected through daily contact.
(b) They do not remain connected.
(c) They remain connected through their children.
(d) They remain connected through letters.
3. Approximately how many slave children has Dr. Flint fathered?
4. What is a muster?
(a) When a slaveholder beats a slave.
(b) When a slave escapes to the North.
(c) When the white folks raid the homes of the slaves and free black people.
(d) When a slave marries a free person.
5. Which character does Linda meet with before she departs on her journey North?
(a) Aunt Nancy.
(b) Mr. Sands.
(c) Dr. Flint.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character is jealous of Linda?
2. Who buys Linda's children from the Flints?
3. For approximately how many years does Linda stay in hiding before an opportunity to escape arises?
4. Who arranges for Linda's escape?
5. What does William do when he is in Washington?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)