|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29, Preparations for Escape.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mr. Sands considers William to be a coworker and a what?
2. What event prompts Linda's town to have a muster?
(a) Linda's disappearance.
(b) Benjamin's escape to the North.
(c) Nat Turner's insurrection.
(d) The death of a slave.
3. Who becomes very ill in jail and goes to live with the Flints?
(c) Aunt Marthy.
4. At what time of day are the slaves allowed to attend church?
(a) In the middle of the night.
(b) In the afternoon.
(c) In the early morning.
(d) At midmight.
5. Although Linda initially accepts the opportunity to escape, she is talked into staying. Who does Linda give her opportunity to?
(c) No One.
(d) Aunt Marthy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Linda and William remain connected?
2. Which character does Linda meet with before she departs on her journey North?
3. Who offers to hide Linda after she has hidden in the bushes?
4. How often does the town usually have a muster?
5. Why does William accompany Mr. Sands to Washington?
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)