|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29, Preparations for Escape.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a muster?
(a) When a slave escapes to the North.
(b) When a slave marries a free person.
(c) When a slaveholder beats a slave.
(d) When the white folks raid the homes of the slaves and free black people.
2. Who buys Linda's children from the Flints?
(a) Aunt Marthy.
(c) No one, because Linda's children are free.
(d) Mr. Sands.
3. Mr. Sands considers William to be a coworker and a what?
4. Who offers to hide Linda after she has hidden in the bushes?
(a) The Flints.
(b) Mr. Sands.
(c) A kind slaveholder man in town.
(d) A kind slaveholder woman in town.
5. What does William do when he is in Washington?
(a) Nothing. William does not go to Washington.
(b) He escapes from slavery.
(c) He kills Mr. Sands.
(d) He helps Linda escape from slavery.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Linda teach to read despite the fear of being caught?
2. What does Linda's lover propose to do for her?
3. Who does Linda fall in love with?
4. How are the biracial children of slaveholders treated?
5. During Linda's meeting with the character in question #101, what information is discovered?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)