|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29, Preparations for Escape.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Linda convince her lover to do?
(a) She convinces him to kill himself.
(b) She convinces him to go North and seek his fortune.
(c) She convinces him to free her from slavery.
(d) She convinces him to become a slave.
2. Linda changes her mind, and goes ahead and flees North when someone spots her. Who is it?
(c) Dr. Flint.
(d) A local gossip.
3. How does Linda receive a venomous snake bite?
(a) She was hiding from the Flints in some bushes.
(b) She was hiding from the Bretts in some bushes.
(c) She was hiding from the Flints in a small room.
(d) She was hiding from the Flints in an attic.
4. How do Linda and her grandmother feel when William is no longer a daily part of their lives?
(a) They feel anger.
(b) They feel happy.
(c) They feel nothing.
(d) They feel saddened.
5. Who offers to hide Linda after she has hidden in the bushes?
(a) Mr. Sands.
(b) A kind slaveholder man in town.
(c) A kind slaveholder woman in town.
(d) The Flints.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Dr. Flint travel while searching for Linda?
2. What is a muster?
3. Approximately how many slave children has Dr. Flint fathered?
4. How often does the town usually have a muster?
5. How do Linda and William remain connected?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)