|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29, Preparations for Escape.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arranges for Linda's escape?
(a) Her master, Dr. Flint.
(b) Her brother, William.
(c) Her friend, Peter.
(d) Her daughter, Ellen.
2. Who informs Linda that her children have been sold?
(a) Mr. Sands.
(b) Aunt Marthy.
(d) The Flints.
3. Mr. Sands considers William to be a coworker and a what?
4. What does Linda convince her lover to do?
(a) She convinces him to free her from slavery.
(b) She convinces him to become a slave.
(c) She convinces him to go North and seek his fortune.
(d) She convinces him to kill himself.
5. Who offers to hide Linda after she has hidden in the bushes?
(a) The Flints.
(b) A kind slaveholder man in town.
(c) Mr. Sands.
(d) A kind slaveholder woman in town.
Short Answer Questions
1. Although Linda initially accepts the opportunity to escape, she is talked into staying. Who does Linda give her opportunity to?
2. How does Linda receive a venomous snake bite?
3. How do Linda and her grandmother feel when William is no longer a daily part of their lives?
4. During Linda's meeting with the character in question #101, what information is discovered?
5. What event prompts Linda's town to have a muster?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)