|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29, Preparations for Escape.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a muster?
(a) When a slaveholder beats a slave.
(b) When a slave escapes to the North.
(c) When a slave marries a free person.
(d) When the white folks raid the homes of the slaves and free black people.
2. How often does the town usually have a muster?
(a) Once a year.
(b) Once a month.
(c) Once every five years.
(d) Twice each year.
3. How does Mr. Sands feel about William's work ethic?
(a) He is unsatisified with it.
(b) He beats William until he changes.
(c) William never worked for Mr. Sands.
(d) He is satisified with it.
4. Which character does Linda meet with before she departs on her journey North?
(b) Aunt Nancy.
(c) Mr. Sands.
(d) Dr. Flint.
5. During Linda's meeting with the character in question #101, what information is discovered?
(a) Linda discovers that Benny has known about her hiding place for quite some time.
(b) Linda discovers that Mr. Sands has sold Ellen into slavery.
(c) Linda discovers that Aunt Nancy has died.
(d) Linda discovers that Dr. Flint is on his way to recapture her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Linda and her grandmother feel when William is no longer a daily part of their lives?
2. Who buys Linda's children from the Flints?
3. How are the biracial children of slaveholders treated?
4. Whom does Linda teach to read despite the fear of being caught?
5. Mr. Sands considers William to be a coworker and a what?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)