|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29, Preparations for Escape.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who offers to hide Linda after she has hidden in the bushes?
(a) A kind slaveholder woman in town.
(b) A kind slaveholder man in town.
(c) Mr. Sands.
(d) The Flints.
2. Which character does Linda meet with before she departs on her journey North?
(a) Mr. Sands.
(b) Aunt Nancy.
(c) Dr. Flint.
3. What is a muster?
(a) When a slaveholder beats a slave.
(b) When a slave marries a free person.
(c) When the white folks raid the homes of the slaves and free black people.
(d) When a slave escapes to the North.
4. How do Linda and William remain connected?
(a) They remain connected through letters.
(b) They do not remain connected.
(c) They remain connected through their children.
(d) They remain connected through daily contact.
5. Which character is jealous of Linda?
(a) Mrs. Flint.
(c) Aunt Marthy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mr. Sands feel about William's work ethic?
2. Approximately how many slave children has Dr. Flint fathered?
3. Why does William accompany Mr. Sands to Washington?
4. Who does Linda fall in love with?
5. At what time of day are the slaves allowed to attend church?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)