|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29, Preparations for Escape.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Although Linda initially accepts the opportunity to escape, she is talked into staying. Who does Linda give her opportunity to?
(b) No One.
(d) Aunt Marthy.
2. Mr. Sands considers William to be a coworker and a what?
3. What does Linda's lover propose to do for her?
(a) He proposes to move into Aunt Marthy's.
(b) He proposes to escape slavery with her.
(c) He proposes to sell her to another slaveholder.
(d) He proposes to marry her and wishes to buy her.
4. How are the biracial children of slaveholders treated?
(a) They stay with their mothers, but are granted freedom.
(b) They live with their fathers.
(c) The slaveholders did not father any illegitimate children.
(d) They are treated the same as any other slave.
5. Linda changes her mind, and goes ahead and flees North when someone spots her. Who is it?
(a) Dr. Flint.
(d) A local gossip.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character does Linda meet with before she departs on her journey North?
2. How does Linda receive a venomous snake bite?
3. How often does the town usually have a muster?
4. How do Linda and her grandmother feel when William is no longer a daily part of their lives?
5. What does Linda convince her lover to do?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)