|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29, Preparations for Escape.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what time of day are the slaves allowed to attend church?
(a) In the early morning.
(b) At midmight.
(c) In the middle of the night.
(d) In the afternoon.
2. Which character is jealous of Linda?
(b) Aunt Marthy.
(c) Mrs. Flint.
3. Who arranges for Linda's escape?
(a) Her brother, William.
(b) Her friend, Peter.
(c) Her master, Dr. Flint.
(d) Her daughter, Ellen.
4. Although Linda initially accepts the opportunity to escape, she is talked into staying. Who does Linda give her opportunity to?
(a) No One.
(c) Aunt Marthy.
5. During Linda's meeting with the character in question #101, what information is discovered?
(a) Linda discovers that Aunt Nancy has died.
(b) Linda discovers that Mr. Sands has sold Ellen into slavery.
(c) Linda discovers that Dr. Flint is on his way to recapture her.
(d) Linda discovers that Benny has known about her hiding place for quite some time.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Linda and William remain connected?
2. Approximately how many slave children has Dr. Flint fathered?
3. How does Linda receive a venomous snake bite?
4. Whom does Linda teach to read despite the fear of being caught?
5. How often does the town usually have a muster?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)