|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29, Preparations for Escape.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Linda and William remain connected?
(a) They remain connected through their children.
(b) They do not remain connected.
(c) They remain connected through letters.
(d) They remain connected through daily contact.
2. At what time of day are the slaves allowed to attend church?
(a) In the early morning.
(b) In the middle of the night.
(c) In the afternoon.
(d) At midmight.
3. What does Linda's lover propose to do for her?
(a) He proposes to escape slavery with her.
(b) He proposes to sell her to another slaveholder.
(c) He proposes to marry her and wishes to buy her.
(d) He proposes to move into Aunt Marthy's.
4. Who buys Linda's children from the Flints?
(a) No one, because Linda's children are free.
(b) Mr. Sands.
(d) Aunt Marthy.
5. Why does William accompany Mr. Sands to Washington?
(a) To find Linda.
(b) To find Linda's children.
(c) To escape from slavery.
(d) To be his assistant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Linda convince her lover to do?
2. Who informs Linda that her children have been sold?
3. How does Linda receive a venomous snake bite?
4. During Linda's meeting with the character in question #101, what information is discovered?
5. What is a muster?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)