|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29, Preparations for Escape.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Linda fall in love with?
(a) A free black man in her town.
(c) Dr. Flint.
2. How does Mr. Sands feel about William's work ethic?
(a) He is unsatisified with it.
(b) He beats William until he changes.
(c) William never worked for Mr. Sands.
(d) He is satisified with it.
3. For approximately how many years does Linda stay in hiding before an opportunity to escape arises?
(a) 1 year.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 7 years.
4. Approximately how many slave children has Dr. Flint fathered?
5. What does Linda's lover propose to do for her?
(a) He proposes to escape slavery with her.
(b) He proposes to move into Aunt Marthy's.
(c) He proposes to marry her and wishes to buy her.
(d) He proposes to sell her to another slaveholder.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Linda and William remain connected?
2. What does William do when he is in Washington?
3. What is the main message behind Mr. Pike's sermons?
4. How often does the town usually have a muster?
5. Although Linda initially accepts the opportunity to escape, she is talked into staying. Who does Linda give her opportunity to?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)