|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29, Preparations for Escape.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a muster?
(a) When a slave escapes to the North.
(b) When a slave marries a free person.
(c) When the white folks raid the homes of the slaves and free black people.
(d) When a slaveholder beats a slave.
2. At what time of day are the slaves allowed to attend church?
(a) At midmight.
(b) In the middle of the night.
(c) In the early morning.
(d) In the afternoon.
3. How do Linda and her grandmother feel when William is no longer a daily part of their lives?
(a) They feel happy.
(b) They feel anger.
(c) They feel nothing.
(d) They feel saddened.
4. What does Linda's lover propose to do for her?
(a) He proposes to escape slavery with her.
(b) He proposes to move into Aunt Marthy's.
(c) He proposes to sell her to another slaveholder.
(d) He proposes to marry her and wishes to buy her.
5. Why does William accompany Mr. Sands to Washington?
(a) To escape from slavery.
(b) To find Linda.
(c) To be his assistant.
(d) To find Linda's children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does William do when he is in Washington?
2. How does Mr. Sands feel about William's work ethic?
3. For approximately how many years does Linda stay in hiding before an opportunity to escape arises?
4. Where does Dr. Flint travel while searching for Linda?
5. How often does the town usually have a muster?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)