|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29, Preparations for Escape.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does William do when he is in Washington?
(a) He helps Linda escape from slavery.
(b) Nothing. William does not go to Washington.
(c) He escapes from slavery.
(d) He kills Mr. Sands.
2. Where does Dr. Flint travel while searching for Linda?
(b) New York.
3. Linda changes her mind, and goes ahead and flees North when someone spots her. Who is it?
(b) A local gossip.
(c) Dr. Flint.
4. What event prompts Linda's town to have a muster?
(a) Linda's disappearance.
(b) Benjamin's escape to the North.
(c) Nat Turner's insurrection.
(d) The death of a slave.
5. How often does the town usually have a muster?
(a) Once a month.
(b) Twice each year.
(c) Once every five years.
(d) Once a year.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what time of day are the slaves allowed to attend church?
2. What does Linda convince her lover to do?
3. Who becomes very ill in jail and goes to live with the Flints?
4. Which character does Linda meet with before she departs on her journey North?
5. Why does William accompany Mr. Sands to Washington?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)