|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29, Preparations for Escape.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event prompts Linda's town to have a muster?
(a) Nat Turner's insurrection.
(b) Linda's disappearance.
(c) The death of a slave.
(d) Benjamin's escape to the North.
2. Why does William accompany Mr. Sands to Washington?
(a) To find Linda's children.
(b) To find Linda.
(c) To escape from slavery.
(d) To be his assistant.
3. How does Linda receive a venomous snake bite?
(a) She was hiding from the Flints in some bushes.
(b) She was hiding from the Flints in an attic.
(c) She was hiding from the Bretts in some bushes.
(d) She was hiding from the Flints in a small room.
4. Which character does Linda meet with before she departs on her journey North?
(a) Mr. Sands.
(b) Aunt Nancy.
(d) Dr. Flint.
5. How do Linda and William remain connected?
(a) They do not remain connected.
(b) They remain connected through daily contact.
(c) They remain connected through letters.
(d) They remain connected through their children.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Linda fall in love with?
2. What is a muster?
3. What does Linda convince her lover to do?
4. Although Linda initially accepts the opportunity to escape, she is talked into staying. Who does Linda give her opportunity to?
5. How are the biracial children of slaveholders treated?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)