|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29, Preparations for Escape.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a muster?
(a) When a slave marries a free person.
(b) When a slave escapes to the North.
(c) When the white folks raid the homes of the slaves and free black people.
(d) When a slaveholder beats a slave.
2. How does Linda receive a venomous snake bite?
(a) She was hiding from the Flints in some bushes.
(b) She was hiding from the Flints in a small room.
(c) She was hiding from the Bretts in some bushes.
(d) She was hiding from the Flints in an attic.
3. Whom does Linda teach to read despite the fear of being caught?
(a) Mr. Sands.
(c) Uncle Fred.
(d) Aunt Marthy.
4. What does Linda convince her lover to do?
(a) She convinces him to free her from slavery.
(b) She convinces him to become a slave.
(c) She convinces him to kill himself.
(d) She convinces him to go North and seek his fortune.
5. Why does William accompany Mr. Sands to Washington?
(a) To find Linda.
(b) To find Linda's children.
(c) To escape from slavery.
(d) To be his assistant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mr. Sands considers William to be a coworker and a what?
2. What event prompts Linda's town to have a muster?
3. Who buys Linda's children from the Flints?
4. Linda changes her mind, and goes ahead and flees North when someone spots her. Who is it?
5. How does Mr. Sands feel about William's work ethic?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)