Two Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 29, Preparations for Escape.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who informs Linda that her children have been sold?
(a) Aunt Marthy.
(b) The Flints.
(c) Mr. Sands.
2. How does Mr. Sands feel about William's work ethic?
(a) He beats William until he changes.
(b) He is satisified with it.
(c) William never worked for Mr. Sands.
(d) He is unsatisified with it.
3. What is the main message behind Mr. Pike's sermons?
(a) To teach the slaves how to escape North.
(b) To teach the slaves to obey their masters.
(c) To teach the slaves to read.
(d) To teach the slaves how to pray.
4. Who becomes very ill in jail and goes to live with the Flints?
(b) Aunt Marthy.
5. How does Linda receive a venomous snake bite?
(a) She was hiding from the Flints in an attic.
(b) She was hiding from the Bretts in some bushes.
(c) She was hiding from the Flints in a small room.
(d) She was hiding from the Flints in some bushes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are the biracial children of slaveholders treated?
2. What is a muster?
3. Who buys Linda's children from the Flints?
4. Whom does Linda teach to read despite the fear of being caught?
5. Although Linda initially accepts the opportunity to escape, she is talked into staying. Who does Linda give her opportunity to?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)