|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 35. Prudjudice Against Color.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mr. Sands inform of his true relationship with Benny and Ellen?
(a) Dr. Flint.
(b) Aunt Marthy.
(c) His new wife.
2. What is the gender of Linda's second child?
(a) She has a boy.
(b) She has a girl.
(c) She has twins.
(d) She does not have a second child.
3. Who is Linda mad at for allowing themselves to be treated as second-class citizens?
(a) The nursemaid community.
(b) The African-American community.
(c) The Irish community.
(d) The escaped slave community.
4. Why doesn't Linda give her children their father's last name?
(a) She is afraid child protective services will take her children away.
(b) She does not know who their father is.
(c) She isn't allowed to give them their father's name due to the laws at that time.
(d) She is afraid of how Dr. Flint will react.
5. Where is Ellen sent to live?
(a) To live with Mr. Sands' relatives in New York.
(b) To live with Mr. Sands.
(c) She is not sent to live anywhere.
(d) To live with Dr. Flint.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does not remember Linda?
2. After Linda's reprimands, where does she begin having her meals?
3. Who does Linda send to try to dissuade Mr. Sands from his plans for her children?
4. Why doesn't Linda believe Dr. Flint's threats and promises?
5. Who complains about delivering meals to Linda?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)