|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 35. Prudjudice Against Color.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is staying at the Hobbs' house when Linda goes to visit Ellen?
(a) Dr. Flint.
(b) Mr. Thorpe.
(c) Aunt Marthy.
2. How does the person in question 85 react to Mr. Sands' news?
(a) He wants to sell the children into slavery.
(b) She wants to sell the children into slavery.
(c) She wants to raise Benny as her own.
(d) He wants to raise the children as his own.
3. Who is Linda mad at for allowing themselves to be treated as second-class citizens?
(a) The African-American community.
(b) The Irish community.
(c) The escaped slave community.
(d) The nursemaid community.
4. Who does Linda run into on the street on her way to the Hobbs' residence?
(a) Mrs. Bruce.
(d) Mr. Thorpe.
5. Who does not remember Linda?
(a) Aunt Marthy.
(d) Mr. Sands.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Dr. Flint try to force Linda into submission after she has her children?
2. Why doesn't Linda give her children their father's last name?
3. Why is Linda reprimanded for sitting with her employers at meal times?
4. Why doesn't Linda believe Dr. Flint's threats and promises?
5. After Linda rejects Dr. Flint for the final time, where does he send her to work?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)