|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 35. Prudjudice Against Color.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Linda reprimanded for sitting with her employers at meal times?
(a) The other nursemaids thought she was rude.
(b) The family forbade her to sit with them.
(c) The other passengers complained.
(d) The tables were 'white only'.
2. Who is Linda mad at for allowing themselves to be treated as second-class citizens?
(a) The nursemaid community.
(b) The Irish community.
(c) The African-American community.
(d) The escaped slave community.
3. How does the person in question 85 react to Mr. Sands' news?
(a) She wants to sell the children into slavery.
(b) He wants to raise the children as his own.
(c) She wants to raise Benny as her own.
(d) He wants to sell the children into slavery.
4. What is Mr. Sands' response to Linda's demands?
(a) He is going to sell the children into slavery.
(b) He is going to take the children and raise them as his own.
(c) His hands are tied because the children still belong to Dr. Flint's daughter.
(d) He does not believe his children are slaves and would never treat them as such.
5. Why doesn't Linda give her children their father's last name?
(a) She is afraid of how Dr. Flint will react.
(b) She is afraid child protective services will take her children away.
(c) She does not know who their father is.
(d) She isn't allowed to give them their father's name due to the laws at that time.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Linda send to try to dissuade Mr. Sands from his plans for her children?
2. Who does Mr. Sands inform of his true relationship with Benny and Ellen?
3. Who complains about delivering meals to Linda?
4. After Linda rejects Dr. Flint for the final time, where does he send her to work?
5. Linda's second child reveals the identity of which character?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)