|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 35. Prudjudice Against Color.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Linda believe Dr. Flint's threats and promises?
(a) Linda knew his wife would not let him keep his promises.
(b) Dr. Flint never threatened or promised her anything.
(c) Linda was afraid to believe his promises.
(d) Linda knows he is dishonest.
2. After Linda rejects Dr. Flint for the final time, where does he send her to work?
(a) Up North to work for a friend.
(b) To his doctor offices.
(c) To the plantation.
(d) To work for Mr. Litch.
3. Who does not remember Linda?
(b) Aunt Marthy.
(d) Mr. Sands.
4. How does the person in question 85 react to Mr. Sands' news?
(a) She wants to raise Benny as her own.
(b) She wants to sell the children into slavery.
(c) He wants to raise the children as his own.
(d) He wants to sell the children into slavery.
5. Where is Ellen sent to live?
(a) She is not sent to live anywhere.
(b) To live with Mr. Sands' relatives in New York.
(c) To live with Dr. Flint.
(d) To live with Mr. Sands.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Linda reprimanded for sitting with her employers at meal times?
2. Who is staying at the Hobbs' house when Linda goes to visit Ellen?
3. What is the gender of Linda's second child?
4. Who does Linda run into on the street on her way to the Hobbs' residence?
5. How does Dr. Flint try to force Linda into submission after she has her children?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)