|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 35. Prudjudice Against Color.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the gender of Linda's second child?
(a) She does not have a second child.
(b) She has a girl.
(c) She has a boy.
(d) She has twins.
2. Linda's second child reveals the identity of which character?
(a) Her grandmother.
(b) Her father.
(c) Her master.
(d) Her grandfather.
3. Where is Ellen sent to live?
(a) To live with Dr. Flint.
(b) To live with Mr. Sands' relatives in New York.
(c) To live with Mr. Sands.
(d) She is not sent to live anywhere.
4. Why doesn't Linda give her children their father's last name?
(a) She isn't allowed to give them their father's name due to the laws at that time.
(b) She does not know who their father is.
(c) She is afraid of how Dr. Flint will react.
(d) She is afraid child protective services will take her children away.
5. Who complains about delivering meals to Linda?
(a) The white waiters.
(b) The other nursemaids.
(c) The servants.
(d) The other train passengers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Linda send to try to dissuade Mr. Sands from his plans for her children?
2. Why doesn't Linda believe Dr. Flint's threats and promises?
3. How does Dr. Flint try to force Linda into submission after she has her children?
4. Who does Mr. Sands inform of his true relationship with Benny and Ellen?
5. After Linda's reprimands, where does she begin having her meals?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)