|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 35. Prudjudice Against Color.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Linda rejects Dr. Flint for the final time, where does he send her to work?
(a) To his doctor offices.
(b) Up North to work for a friend.
(c) To the plantation.
(d) To work for Mr. Litch.
2. Who is Linda mad at for allowing themselves to be treated as second-class citizens?
(a) The nursemaid community.
(b) The escaped slave community.
(c) The African-American community.
(d) The Irish community.
3. Why is Linda reprimanded for sitting with her employers at meal times?
(a) The other passengers complained.
(b) The other nursemaids thought she was rude.
(c) The tables were 'white only'.
(d) The family forbade her to sit with them.
4. What is the gender of Linda's second child?
(a) She has twins.
(b) She has a girl.
(c) She has a boy.
(d) She does not have a second child.
5. How does the person in question 85 react to Mr. Sands' news?
(a) She wants to raise Benny as her own.
(b) He wants to sell the children into slavery.
(c) She wants to sell the children into slavery.
(d) He wants to raise the children as his own.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Linda run into on the street on her way to the Hobbs' residence?
2. Where is Ellen sent to live?
3. What is Mr. Sands' response to Linda's demands?
4. Who does Linda send to try to dissuade Mr. Sands from his plans for her children?
5. How does Dr. Flint try to force Linda into submission after she has her children?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)