|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 35. Prudjudice Against Color.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mr. Sands inform of his true relationship with Benny and Ellen?
(b) His new wife.
(c) Aunt Marthy.
(d) Dr. Flint.
2. Who does Linda run into on the street on her way to the Hobbs' residence?
(a) Mrs. Bruce.
(c) Mr. Thorpe.
3. Who does Linda send to try to dissuade Mr. Sands from his plans for her children?
(a) Dr. Flint.
(b) Her grandmother.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Her uncle.
4. What is Mr. Sands' response to Linda's demands?
(a) His hands are tied because the children still belong to Dr. Flint's daughter.
(b) He is going to take the children and raise them as his own.
(c) He does not believe his children are slaves and would never treat them as such.
(d) He is going to sell the children into slavery.
5. Why is Linda reprimanded for sitting with her employers at meal times?
(a) The tables were 'white only'.
(b) The other passengers complained.
(c) The family forbade her to sit with them.
(d) The other nursemaids thought she was rude.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Linda believe Dr. Flint's threats and promises?
2. What is the gender of Linda's second child?
3. After Linda's reprimands, where does she begin having her meals?
4. Who is staying at the Hobbs' house when Linda goes to visit Ellen?
5. Who does not remember Linda?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)