|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 35. Prudjudice Against Color.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Linda run into on the street on her way to the Hobbs' residence?
(c) Mrs. Bruce.
(d) Mr. Thorpe.
2. Who is Linda mad at for allowing themselves to be treated as second-class citizens?
(a) The escaped slave community.
(b) The nursemaid community.
(c) The African-American community.
(d) The Irish community.
3. After Linda rejects Dr. Flint for the final time, where does he send her to work?
(a) To the plantation.
(b) To work for Mr. Litch.
(c) Up North to work for a friend.
(d) To his doctor offices.
4. Who is staying at the Hobbs' house when Linda goes to visit Ellen?
(a) Dr. Flint.
(b) Mr. Thorpe.
(c) Aunt Marthy.
5. Why is Linda reprimanded for sitting with her employers at meal times?
(a) The tables were 'white only'.
(b) The family forbade her to sit with them.
(c) The other passengers complained.
(d) The other nursemaids thought she was rude.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Linda give her children their father's last name?
2. After Linda's reprimands, where does she begin having her meals?
3. Why doesn't Linda believe Dr. Flint's threats and promises?
4. Linda's second child reveals the identity of which character?
5. Who does Mr. Sands inform of his true relationship with Benny and Ellen?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)