|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 35. Prudjudice Against Color.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Linda run into on the street on her way to the Hobbs' residence?
(a) Mr. Thorpe.
(d) Mrs. Bruce.
2. How does Dr. Flint try to force Linda into submission after she has her children?
(a) He told Linda that he would tell who the father of her children were.
(b) He told her that he couldn't wait to sell her children for large sums of money.
(c) He told Linda that he would tell his wife that Linda's children were his.
(d) He told Linda he would give her her freeedom if she let him have what he wanted.
3. Why is Linda reprimanded for sitting with her employers at meal times?
(a) The other passengers complained.
(b) The family forbade her to sit with them.
(c) The other nursemaids thought she was rude.
(d) The tables were 'white only'.
4. Why doesn't Linda give her children their father's last name?
(a) She is afraid of how Dr. Flint will react.
(b) She isn't allowed to give them their father's name due to the laws at that time.
(c) She does not know who their father is.
(d) She is afraid child protective services will take her children away.
5. Who is Linda mad at for allowing themselves to be treated as second-class citizens?
(a) The African-American community.
(b) The nursemaid community.
(c) The escaped slave community.
(d) The Irish community.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who complains about delivering meals to Linda?
2. Who does Mr. Sands inform of his true relationship with Benny and Ellen?
3. What is the gender of Linda's second child?
4. Who does not remember Linda?
5. What is Mr. Sands' response to Linda's demands?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)