|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 35. Prudjudice Against Color.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Linda reprimanded for sitting with her employers at meal times?
(a) The other passengers complained.
(b) The tables were 'white only'.
(c) The family forbade her to sit with them.
(d) The other nursemaids thought she was rude.
2. Who complains about delivering meals to Linda?
(a) The other train passengers.
(b) The other nursemaids.
(c) The servants.
(d) The white waiters.
3. Who is Linda mad at for allowing themselves to be treated as second-class citizens?
(a) The African-American community.
(b) The escaped slave community.
(c) The Irish community.
(d) The nursemaid community.
4. Who does not remember Linda?
(b) Mr. Sands.
(c) Aunt Marthy.
5. How does the person in question 85 react to Mr. Sands' news?
(a) She wants to raise Benny as her own.
(b) He wants to raise the children as his own.
(c) He wants to sell the children into slavery.
(d) She wants to sell the children into slavery.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Linda run into on the street on her way to the Hobbs' residence?
2. Why doesn't Linda give her children their father's last name?
3. After Linda rejects Dr. Flint for the final time, where does he send her to work?
4. What is Mr. Sands' response to Linda's demands?
5. Why doesn't Linda believe Dr. Flint's threats and promises?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)