|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 35. Prudjudice Against Color.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dr. Flint try to force Linda into submission after she has her children?
(a) He told Linda that he would tell his wife that Linda's children were his.
(b) He told her that he couldn't wait to sell her children for large sums of money.
(c) He told Linda that he would tell who the father of her children were.
(d) He told Linda he would give her her freeedom if she let him have what he wanted.
2. Who does Linda send to try to dissuade Mr. Sands from his plans for her children?
(a) Her uncle.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Dr. Flint.
(d) Her grandmother.
3. Who does not remember Linda?
(b) Aunt Marthy.
(c) Mr. Sands.
4. Who is staying at the Hobbs' house when Linda goes to visit Ellen?
(b) Mr. Thorpe.
(c) Aunt Marthy.
(d) Dr. Flint.
5. Who does Linda run into on the street on her way to the Hobbs' residence?
(a) Mrs. Bruce.
(c) Mr. Thorpe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Linda mad at for allowing themselves to be treated as second-class citizens?
2. Why doesn't Linda give her children their father's last name?
3. Where is Ellen sent to live?
4. After Linda rejects Dr. Flint for the final time, where does he send her to work?
5. Why doesn't Linda believe Dr. Flint's threats and promises?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)