|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 35. Prudjudice Against Color.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Linda believe Dr. Flint's threats and promises?
(a) Linda was afraid to believe his promises.
(b) Linda knows he is dishonest.
(c) Linda knew his wife would not let him keep his promises.
(d) Dr. Flint never threatened or promised her anything.
2. How does Dr. Flint try to force Linda into submission after she has her children?
(a) He told Linda he would give her her freeedom if she let him have what he wanted.
(b) He told her that he couldn't wait to sell her children for large sums of money.
(c) He told Linda that he would tell who the father of her children were.
(d) He told Linda that he would tell his wife that Linda's children were his.
3. Why doesn't Linda give her children their father's last name?
(a) She is afraid of how Dr. Flint will react.
(b) She isn't allowed to give them their father's name due to the laws at that time.
(c) She does not know who their father is.
(d) She is afraid child protective services will take her children away.
4. Who complains about delivering meals to Linda?
(a) The servants.
(b) The other nursemaids.
(c) The other train passengers.
(d) The white waiters.
5. Who does Linda send to try to dissuade Mr. Sands from his plans for her children?
(a) Her grandmother.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Dr. Flint.
(d) Her uncle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Linda mad at for allowing themselves to be treated as second-class citizens?
2. What is the gender of Linda's second child?
3. After Linda's reprimands, where does she begin having her meals?
4. After Linda rejects Dr. Flint for the final time, where does he send her to work?
5. Who does Linda run into on the street on her way to the Hobbs' residence?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)