|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 35. Prudjudice Against Color.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Linda run into on the street on her way to the Hobbs' residence?
(b) Mr. Thorpe.
(d) Mrs. Bruce.
2. Who does Mr. Sands inform of his true relationship with Benny and Ellen?
(a) Dr. Flint.
(b) His new wife.
(c) Aunt Marthy.
3. Who is staying at the Hobbs' house when Linda goes to visit Ellen?
(a) Aunt Marthy.
(b) Dr. Flint.
(d) Mr. Thorpe.
4. Why is Linda reprimanded for sitting with her employers at meal times?
(a) The tables were 'white only'.
(b) The other nursemaids thought she was rude.
(c) The family forbade her to sit with them.
(d) The other passengers complained.
5. Why doesn't Linda give her children their father's last name?
(a) She is afraid of how Dr. Flint will react.
(b) She does not know who their father is.
(c) She is afraid child protective services will take her children away.
(d) She isn't allowed to give them their father's name due to the laws at that time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the gender of Linda's second child?
2. Why doesn't Linda believe Dr. Flint's threats and promises?
3. How does the person in question 85 react to Mr. Sands' news?
4. Who is Linda mad at for allowing themselves to be treated as second-class citizens?
5. What is Mr. Sands' response to Linda's demands?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)