|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 35. Prudjudice Against Color.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Ellen sent to live?
(a) To live with Dr. Flint.
(b) She is not sent to live anywhere.
(c) To live with Mr. Sands.
(d) To live with Mr. Sands' relatives in New York.
2. What is the gender of Linda's second child?
(a) She has a girl.
(b) She has twins.
(c) She does not have a second child.
(d) She has a boy.
3. How does Dr. Flint try to force Linda into submission after she has her children?
(a) He told her that he couldn't wait to sell her children for large sums of money.
(b) He told Linda he would give her her freeedom if she let him have what he wanted.
(c) He told Linda that he would tell who the father of her children were.
(d) He told Linda that he would tell his wife that Linda's children were his.
4. Why is Linda reprimanded for sitting with her employers at meal times?
(a) The family forbade her to sit with them.
(b) The other passengers complained.
(c) The other nursemaids thought she was rude.
(d) The tables were 'white only'.
5. What is Mr. Sands' response to Linda's demands?
(a) He does not believe his children are slaves and would never treat them as such.
(b) His hands are tied because the children still belong to Dr. Flint's daughter.
(c) He is going to sell the children into slavery.
(d) He is going to take the children and raise them as his own.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Linda mad at for allowing themselves to be treated as second-class citizens?
2. Who is staying at the Hobbs' house when Linda goes to visit Ellen?
3. How does the person in question 85 react to Mr. Sands' news?
4. Why doesn't Linda believe Dr. Flint's threats and promises?
5. Who does not remember Linda?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)