|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 35. Prudjudice Against Color.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is staying at the Hobbs' house when Linda goes to visit Ellen?
(a) Aunt Marthy.
(b) Dr. Flint.
(c) Mr. Thorpe.
2. Why is Linda reprimanded for sitting with her employers at meal times?
(a) The other nursemaids thought she was rude.
(b) The other passengers complained.
(c) The tables were 'white only'.
(d) The family forbade her to sit with them.
3. After Linda's reprimands, where does she begin having her meals?
(b) In the 'Jim Crowe' cars.
(c) In her room.
(d) Linda stopped eating.
4. Who does Linda run into on the street on her way to the Hobbs' residence?
(a) Mr. Thorpe.
(b) Mrs. Bruce.
5. After Linda rejects Dr. Flint for the final time, where does he send her to work?
(a) To work for Mr. Litch.
(b) Up North to work for a friend.
(c) To his doctor offices.
(d) To the plantation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mr. Sands inform of his true relationship with Benny and Ellen?
2. How does the person in question 85 react to Mr. Sands' news?
3. Linda's second child reveals the identity of which character?
4. Who does not remember Linda?
5. Where is Ellen sent to live?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)