|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 35. Prudjudice Against Color.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Linda run into on the street on her way to the Hobbs' residence?
(b) Mr. Thorpe.
(c) Mrs. Bruce.
2. How does the person in question 85 react to Mr. Sands' news?
(a) He wants to raise the children as his own.
(b) She wants to sell the children into slavery.
(c) She wants to raise Benny as her own.
(d) He wants to sell the children into slavery.
3. Who is Linda mad at for allowing themselves to be treated as second-class citizens?
(a) The African-American community.
(b) The Irish community.
(c) The escaped slave community.
(d) The nursemaid community.
4. Who is staying at the Hobbs' house when Linda goes to visit Ellen?
(b) Dr. Flint.
(c) Mr. Thorpe.
(d) Aunt Marthy.
5. How does Dr. Flint try to force Linda into submission after she has her children?
(a) He told Linda that he would tell his wife that Linda's children were his.
(b) He told Linda he would give her her freeedom if she let him have what he wanted.
(c) He told her that he couldn't wait to sell her children for large sums of money.
(d) He told Linda that he would tell who the father of her children were.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Linda rejects Dr. Flint for the final time, where does he send her to work?
2. Why is Linda reprimanded for sitting with her employers at meal times?
3. What is the gender of Linda's second child?
4. Why doesn't Linda give her children their father's last name?
5. After Linda's reprimands, where does she begin having her meals?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)