|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 35. Prudjudice Against Color.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Linda run into on the street on her way to the Hobbs' residence?
(b) Mr. Thorpe.
(c) Mrs. Bruce.
2. After Linda rejects Dr. Flint for the final time, where does he send her to work?
(a) Up North to work for a friend.
(b) To work for Mr. Litch.
(c) To the plantation.
(d) To his doctor offices.
3. What is the gender of Linda's second child?
(a) She has a girl.
(b) She has twins.
(c) She has a boy.
(d) She does not have a second child.
4. Why doesn't Linda give her children their father's last name?
(a) She does not know who their father is.
(b) She is afraid of how Dr. Flint will react.
(c) She isn't allowed to give them their father's name due to the laws at that time.
(d) She is afraid child protective services will take her children away.
5. What is Mr. Sands' response to Linda's demands?
(a) He is going to sell the children into slavery.
(b) He is going to take the children and raise them as his own.
(c) His hands are tied because the children still belong to Dr. Flint's daughter.
(d) He does not believe his children are slaves and would never treat them as such.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does not remember Linda?
2. Where is Ellen sent to live?
3. Who does Linda send to try to dissuade Mr. Sands from his plans for her children?
4. How does the person in question 85 react to Mr. Sands' news?
5. Who is Linda mad at for allowing themselves to be treated as second-class citizens?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)