|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 35. Prudjudice Against Color.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the gender of Linda's second child?
(a) She has twins.
(b) She has a girl.
(c) She has a boy.
(d) She does not have a second child.
2. Why doesn't Linda give her children their father's last name?
(a) She does not know who their father is.
(b) She isn't allowed to give them their father's name due to the laws at that time.
(c) She is afraid of how Dr. Flint will react.
(d) She is afraid child protective services will take her children away.
3. Who does Linda run into on the street on her way to the Hobbs' residence?
(b) Mr. Thorpe.
(c) Mrs. Bruce.
4. Why is Linda reprimanded for sitting with her employers at meal times?
(a) The other nursemaids thought she was rude.
(b) The tables were 'white only'.
(c) The other passengers complained.
(d) The family forbade her to sit with them.
5. Linda's second child reveals the identity of which character?
(a) Her grandfather.
(b) Her grandmother.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her master.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mr. Sands' response to Linda's demands?
2. Who is Linda mad at for allowing themselves to be treated as second-class citizens?
3. After Linda's reprimands, where does she begin having her meals?
4. Who does Linda send to try to dissuade Mr. Sands from his plans for her children?
5. Who is staying at the Hobbs' house when Linda goes to visit Ellen?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)