|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 35. Prudjudice Against Color.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is staying at the Hobbs' house when Linda goes to visit Ellen?
(a) Dr. Flint.
(b) Aunt Marthy.
(c) Mr. Thorpe.
2. What is Mr. Sands' response to Linda's demands?
(a) His hands are tied because the children still belong to Dr. Flint's daughter.
(b) He is going to take the children and raise them as his own.
(c) He is going to sell the children into slavery.
(d) He does not believe his children are slaves and would never treat them as such.
3. Why is Linda reprimanded for sitting with her employers at meal times?
(a) The other nursemaids thought she was rude.
(b) The family forbade her to sit with them.
(c) The other passengers complained.
(d) The tables were 'white only'.
4. Who is Linda mad at for allowing themselves to be treated as second-class citizens?
(a) The Irish community.
(b) The escaped slave community.
(c) The African-American community.
(d) The nursemaid community.
5. How does Dr. Flint try to force Linda into submission after she has her children?
(a) He told Linda that he would tell who the father of her children were.
(b) He told her that he couldn't wait to sell her children for large sums of money.
(c) He told Linda that he would tell his wife that Linda's children were his.
(d) He told Linda he would give her her freeedom if she let him have what he wanted.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does not remember Linda?
2. Why doesn't Linda believe Dr. Flint's threats and promises?
3. What is the gender of Linda's second child?
4. Who does Mr. Sands inform of his true relationship with Benny and Ellen?
5. Who complains about delivering meals to Linda?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)