|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 35. Prudjudice Against Color.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Linda rejects Dr. Flint for the final time, where does he send her to work?
(a) To his doctor offices.
(b) Up North to work for a friend.
(c) To work for Mr. Litch.
(d) To the plantation.
2. What is the gender of Linda's second child?
(a) She has twins.
(b) She has a boy.
(c) She has a girl.
(d) She does not have a second child.
3. After Linda's reprimands, where does she begin having her meals?
(a) In the 'Jim Crowe' cars.
(c) In her room.
(d) Linda stopped eating.
4. Why is Linda reprimanded for sitting with her employers at meal times?
(a) The tables were 'white only'.
(b) The other nursemaids thought she was rude.
(c) The other passengers complained.
(d) The family forbade her to sit with them.
5. Who does Linda run into on the street on her way to the Hobbs' residence?
(a) Mr. Thorpe.
(d) Mrs. Bruce.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mr. Sands' response to Linda's demands?
2. Where is Ellen sent to live?
3. Who is Linda mad at for allowing themselves to be treated as second-class citizens?
4. Who complains about delivering meals to Linda?
5. Why doesn't Linda give her children their father's last name?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)