Preface by the Author and Introduction by the Editor | Chapter 1, Childhood
* In the preface, the author notes that she has changed the names of several characters including her own.
* The author tells the reader that all of the significant stories and drama are true.
* The editor backs up the author's claim that all of the stories are true.
* At age six, Linda's mother passes away and it is at this point that Linda realizes she is a slave.
* When Linda is 12, her kind mistress passes away and Linda is hurt by the fact that she isn't granted her freedom.
* The reader also finds out that Aunt Marthy is Linda's maternal grandmother.
Chapter 2, The New Master and Mistress | Chapter 3, The Slave's New Year's Day
* Linda is bequeathed to the five year old niece of her kind mistress and becomes the property of Dr. and Mrs. Flint.
* William, Linda's brother...
This section contains 4,444 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)