|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From which city did the MacDonalds set out when traveling to Winnipeg looking for a site to farm?
2. How long ago did the MacDonalds come to the region to settle their farm?
(a) Twenty years.
(b) Two years.
(c) Fifty years.
(d) Five years.
3. From what country was the man who originally built Fort Rouge near Winnipeg?
4. At the end of Chapter Three, William comments on what behavior from Ben?
(a) He's rude.
(b) He's smiling to himself.
(c) He's doesn't stop talking through the meal.
(d) He's quieter than ever.
5. At the end of Chapter One, what animal is Ben following?
Short Answer Questions
1. In the prologue, the author states that William MacDonald is what ethnicity?
2. In 1806, the North West Company builds on top of what had been Fort Rouge. What is the name of the new fort?
3. How do the MacDonald animals respond when they see Ben coming?
4. By the end of the prologue, the MacDonalds have how many children?
5. In Chapter Three, how does the hawk react when Ben tries to watch it eat?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)