|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter Three, what animal does Ben most wish he could turn into?
2. The female badger has a scar on her right ear as a result of fighting what animal?
3. How did the MacDonalds originally plan to chose the site for their farm?
(a) They picked it from a catalogue.
(b) A friend had already bought it for them.
(c) They wanted to be close to family.
(d) They would know it when they found it.
4. For what reason is Ben eager to start school?
(a) To learn about math.
(b) To learn how to read.
(c) To learn about animals.
(d) To learn history.
5. In 1806, the North West Company builds on top of what had been Fort Rouge. What is the name of the new fort?
(a) Fort Leonard.
(b) Fort Kearney.
(c) Fort Gibraltar.
(d) Fort Riley.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Chapter Three opens, what has prompted the string of visitors to the MacDonald farm?
2. As Chapter One opens, what animal is Ben MacDonald following?
3. As the book opens, the author says that the name "Winnipeg" originated with which Native American tribe?
4. Toward the end of Chapter Two, the author states that the gestation period for badgers is how long?
5. After the initial digging, the badger moves away and begins to dig again at what distance from the first site?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)