|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has the landlord been living in the village?
2. What happens to the families shipped to the islands from Africa?
3. Why does the shoemaker begin to cry in front of his friends?
4. What is it that Bob's father and Mr. Foster cannot bear to listen to in Mr. Foster's house as the men try to talk about the meaning of the fighting?
5. What does the shoemaker say the author J.B. Priestly prophesied?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the overseers and the villagers. Include actions and beliefs of both groups.
Essay Topic 2
When G. goes to visit Pa in Chapter 12, they discuss all of the changes that have taken place in the village. Which of the many changes have the most significance to G.? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Based upon the words Pa speaks in his sleep in Chapter 10, who or what does he symbolize in the book? Why? Give concrete reasons for your decision.
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)