|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to a lot of trees in the village?
2. Whose side is the old woman on when the landlord takes her aside to speak with her about the village?
3. What color is the goat with Pa in Chapter 12?
4. Where is G. preparing to go in Chapter 14?
5. Who comes to visit G. the night before he leaves Barbados?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When G. attends high school, he must continue to live in the village. How did living in the village make it seem that he is living between two different worlds? What are the differences between the two worlds?
Essay Topic 2
The last phrase in the book has G. telling the reader, "...I had said farewell, farewell to the land." Based upon the book as a whole, what is G. telling the reader by this point? What does "the land" represent, other than its literal meaning?
Essay Topic 3
In the story of Bambi, Bambini and Bots end up fighting furiously over Bambi's dead body. Things are fine until the English woman tells Bambi he has to be married to one of them. When he marries Bots, things begin to go downhill for Bambi. How can this story be a parable for Barbados and England?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)