|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bob escape the city without further harm?
2. What does Trumper discover in America that is of great importance to him?
3. What does G.'s mother expect from him?
4. Pa states that if you hear someone wanting to get back to Africa, what should you think?
5. What words does G.'s mother use to feel better about not being able to provide him with a nicer place to live?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When the villagers learn that there is fighting going on in the city, they cannot get any further information except that the fighting will spread to them.
How must this have made them feel? Explain each major character's emotions during this tense time.
Essay Topic 2
The overseer tries to disrupt the open-air meeting to "arrest" the boys in Chapter 7.
Who does the overseer really represent?
Why does the author have the boys "saved" by the preacher?
Consider the role of religion in the village when you form you answers.
Essay Topic 3
How do the riots in Trinidad, the village dock workers' strike and cricket teams end up belonging in the same line of events in the thoughts of the shoemaker? How does he come to the conclusions about what Barbados should be like?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)