|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the bill the overseer puts on the lamp post state?
(a) The price of each house.
(b) How many weeks the people have to move.
(c) Mr. Slime is the new village land owner.
(d) Mr. Creighton has sold the land to the overseer.
2. Who comes to visit G. the night before he leaves Barbados?
(a) Boy Blue.
(d) Mr. Slime.
3. In Chapter 12, G. goes to Pa's house and they begin to discuss how the village has changed. G. went to visit Pa to tell him something. What was it?
(a) He is the new headmaster.
(b) He is getting married.
(c) He is joining the police force.
(d) He is going away.
4. Who is the main protagonist in Chapter 10?
(b) Mr. Slime.
(d) The landlord.
5. Why does the old woman go down to the landlord's house?
(a) To spy on him.
(b) To ask for a loan.
(c) To pay the rent.
(d) To have tea.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the high school different from the village school?
2. What happens to Bob after he tells his parents "they comin'"?
3. In Chapter 8, by the trash heap, what does the landlord speak to the old woman about?
4. What is considered by the white man to be the best of Africa's produce?
5. What does Trumper discover in America that is of great importance to him?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)