|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 12, as G. is talking to Pa, the reader learns that the village train has stopped running. Why?
(a) The tracks are sold for scrap iron for the war.
(b) No one takes the train anymore.
(c) The tracks are destroyed by the Germans.
(d) The landlord buys it and destroys it.
2. What is happening to the roads in Chapter 12?
(a) They are being narrowed.
(b) They are being repaired.
(c) They are flooding.
(d) They are being widened.
3. What does Ma realize that Pa is doing while he sleeps in Chapter 10?
(b) Dreaming of other women.
(c) Having a seizure.
4. What is it that Bob's father and Mr. Foster cannot bear to listen to in Mr. Foster's house as the men try to talk about the meaning of the fighting?
(a) Bob's yelling.
(b) Miss Foster's crying.
(c) The rioters coming.
5. What words does G.'s mother use to feel better about not being able to provide him with a nicer place to live?
(a) The room is not important.
(b) The mind is the man.
(c) Any house is a home.
(d) You live where your bed is.
Short Answer Questions
1. Pa states that if you hear someone wanting to get back to Africa, what should you think?
2. Why does the shoemaker begin to cry in front of his friends?
3. Who is the main protagonist in Chapter 10?
4. Where is G. preparing to go in Chapter 14?
5. What happens to a large merchant ship in the Barbados harbor?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)