|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who runs a busy food cart that the villagers buy food from every morning?
(a) Mr. Foster.
(b) Mr. Creighton.
2. In what way do Bambini and Bots become enemies?
(a) Bambi marries Bots.
(b) One blames the other for Bambi's change in personality.
(c) Bambi marries Bambini.
(d) Bambi abuses them both.
3. What magical words is Bob supposed to say just before a large wave touches his toes?
(a) "I am the master of the sea."
(b) "Sea, come no further."
(c) "Sea sesame."
(d) "I will overcome you."
4. What does G.'s mother do every Sunday when he walks past the corner on his way to Sunday school?
(a) She turns her back and forgets about him.
(b) She watches to be sure he stops there.
(c) She tells him to take his time.
(d) She watches that he doesn't stop there.
5. From whom does Boy Blue tell the others to keep the secret of the fisherman?
(a) G.'s mother.
(b) Mr. Slime.
(d) Bob's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which woman had children by a baker, a butcher and an unknown man?
2. The boys standing under the pipe in Chapter 3 devise a plan to retaliate against the head teacher. What is the plan?
3. What point of view does the author use in Chapter 3?
4. What is Barbados known as in comparison with the Mother Country?
5. In what way is G. embarrassed as he is being bathed outside in his yard?
Short Essay Questions
1. Whom does Ma think Pa sounds like when he is talking in his sleep?
2. What is the old woman's view of owning land?
3. Who incites the woman in the crowd in Chapter 7 to finally come forward to be saved?
4. What is the story Boy Blue tells Trumper about Jon and the two weddings?
5. After being away for three years, what does G. learn about Trumper?
6. In Chapter 13, what is the difference between how the new landowner and the villagers feel about the homes they live in?
7. What are G.'s feelings about his identity in Barbados?
8. What sets the shoemaker apart from the other villagers?
9. Just before the head teacher leaves Pa's house, what does he have trouble doing?
10. Why is it that Ma doesn't believe that Pa should be comparing Mr. Slime to Moses?
This section contains 970 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)