|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is G. writing at the beginning of Chapter 14?
(a) A school notebook.
(b) A history book.
(c) A novel.
(d) A journal.
2. After G. tells the reader his feelings about hiding the pebble and leaving the village school, where does Trumper tell G. he is going?
(a) To Scotland.
(b) To England.
(c) To Africa.
(d) To America.
3. What is happening to the roads in Chapter 12?
(a) They are being narrowed.
(b) They are being repaired.
(c) They are being widened.
(d) They are flooding.
4. What happens to Ma at the end of Chapter 10?
(a) She laughs at Pa's words.
(b) She goes back to sleep.
(c) She falls over dead.
(d) She has an anxiety attack.
5. What happens to the families shipped to the islands from Africa?
(a) They get split up.
(b) They are adopted by the white people.
(c) They are brought over together.
(d) They are killed one by one.
6. How much time has gone by in the beginning of Chapter 10?
(a) A few hours.
(c) A month.
7. How many sections is Chapter 13 divided into?
8. What did Ma tell Pa he should never do?
(a) Put her things in her coffin.
(b) Get rid of the house.
(c) Be unfriendly to the landlord.
(d) Sell her stuff.
9. Who almost eats the fish G.'s mother has fried?
(a) Some young boys.
(b) A black cat.
(c) A stray dog.
(d) A racoon.
10. Pa states that if you hear someone wanting to get back to Africa, what should you think?
(a) All of your people should go.
(b) Hurry on a boat.
(c) He is a wise person.
(d) You do not belong there yet.
11. Why does the shoemaker begin to cry in front of his friends?
(a) He is thinking about the riots.
(b) He misses his wife.
(c) He is thinking he might have to move.
(d) He wishes he could move to America.
12. Where does G.'s mother get her information about Trinidad?
(a) From Dave.
(b) From the newspapers.
(c) From Pa.
13. From whom does G. receive letters in Chapter 11?
(a) Boy Blue and Trumper.
(b) Boy Blue and Trinidad school authorities.
(c) His mother and Trumper.
(d) Trumper and Trinidad school authorities.
14. How is the high school different from the village school?
(a) There are too many supervising ministers at the hIgh school.
(b) The village school is more easygoing.
(c) The high school is less restricted.
(d) The high school serves the needs of the poor.
15. What do the men at the park gate give to Bob and Trumper?
(b) Pins to put on the train tracks.
(c) Sticks to use as a weapon.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 13, what does the head teacher say he would offer to do for Pa?
2. Whose side is the old woman on when the landlord takes her aside to speak with her about the village?
3. Why does G. feel it best to be separated for a day from what he found on the beach?
4. What is the value of people in Africa according to Pa?
5. Who comes to visit G. the night before he leaves Barbados?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)