|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the only person G. has an attachment to and is grateful for in high school?
(a) The headmaster.
(b) The first assistant.
(c) Another teammate.
(d) His language teacher.
2. How is the high school different from the village school?
(a) The village school is more easygoing.
(b) There are too many supervising ministers at the hIgh school.
(c) The high school is less restricted.
(d) The high school serves the needs of the poor.
3. Whose side is the old woman on when the landlord takes her aside to speak with her about the village?
(a) Mr. Slime's.
(c) The landlord's.
(d) She is neutral.
4. Whom is G. eavesdropping on at the Miami Club?
(a) Mr. Slime and the head teacher.
(b) Mr. Slime and Mr. Creighton.
(c) His mother and Mr. Slime.
(d) His mother and the head teacher.
5. Why does the shoemaker begin to cry in front of his friends?
(a) He wishes he could move to America.
(b) He misses his wife.
(c) He is thinking about the riots.
(d) He is thinking he might have to move.
6. In what way does Mr. Foster change his attitude toward the new landowner sitting in his home in Chapter 13?
(a) He becomes more complacant.
(b) He gets extremely angry and forceful.
(c) He begins to cry.
(d) He turns it all into a joke.
7. What happens to the landlord's daughter?
(a) She emigrates to America.
(b) She marries a sailor.
(c) She moves to England.
(d) She stays in Barbados.
8. How does the old woman feel at first about the landlord having chosen to speak to her in Chapter 8?
(a) She feels pleased.
(b) She feels annoyed.
(c) She feels very sad.
(d) She feels looked down upon.
9. What is G. writing at the beginning of Chapter 14?
(a) A school notebook.
(b) A history book.
(c) A journal.
(d) A novel.
10. What happens to Ma at the end of Chapter 10?
(a) She goes back to sleep.
(b) She has an anxiety attack.
(c) She laughs at Pa's words.
(d) She falls over dead.
11. Whose house falls to pieces as men try to move it?
(a) Pa's house.
(b) The shoemaker's house.
(c) Mr. Foster's house.
(d) G.'s house.
12. Why does the old woman hesitate to tell the old man about what the landlord said?
(a) She is in love with the landlord.
(b) She thinks he will be disturbed.
(c) She does not want him too happy.
(d) She forgets what he said.
13. How many sections is Chapter 13 divided into?
14. The old woman thinks she knows how the landlord feels towards the villagers. What feeling is predominant?
(d) Deep love.
15. Who joins Mr. Foster, Miss Foster and the new landowner while the landowner is explaining to the Fosters that they must vacate the land?
(a) Mr. Slime.
(c) The overseer.
(d) The shoemaker.
Short Answer Questions
1. After G. tells the reader his feelings about hiding the pebble and leaving the village school, where does Trumper tell G. he is going?
2. What does Pa think the landlord should do about the land?
3. How does Bob escape the city without further harm?
4. What happens to the families shipped to the islands from Africa?
5. In Chapter 13, what does the head teacher say he would offer to do for Pa?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)