|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After G. tells the reader his feelings about hiding the pebble and leaving the village school, where does Trumper tell G. he is going?
(a) To England.
(b) To America.
(c) To Africa.
(d) To Scotland.
2. What is G. writing at the beginning of Chapter 14?
(a) A novel.
(b) A history book.
(c) A journal.
(d) A school notebook.
3. What does the man visiting Mr. Foster in Chapter 13 offer to buy from him?
(a) His garage.
(b) His clothing.
(c) His car.
(d) His house.
4. How is the high school different from the village school?
(a) The high school serves the needs of the poor.
(b) The high school is less restricted.
(c) The village school is more easygoing.
(d) There are too many supervising ministers at the hIgh school.
5. When Pa speaks about tribes, what do some tribes have that others do not?
6. What is considered by the white man to be the best of Africa's produce?
(c) The people.
7. Whose side is the old woman on when the landlord takes her aside to speak with her about the village?
(b) Mr. Slime's.
(c) She is neutral.
(d) The landlord's.
8. What question does Pa really want answered by the head teacher in Chapter 13?
(a) When he has to leave.
(b) How much his house is worth.
(c) Why Mr. Creighton sold the land to Mr. Slime.
(d) Why he is being sent to the Alms House.
9. How many sections is Chapter 13 divided into?
10. What sort of dreams does Pa tell G. that he has?
(a) Prophetic ones.
(b) Strange ones.
(c) Funny ones.
11. Why does the shoemaker begin to cry in front of his friends?
(a) He wishes he could move to America.
(b) He is thinking he might have to move.
(c) He is thinking about the riots.
(d) He misses his wife.
12. Why do the men fighting in the city make their way toward the villages?
(a) To get food.
(b) They are tired.
(c) The police force them to retreat.
(d) To kill the villagers.
13. Where does G.'s mother get her information about Trinidad?
(a) From the newspapers.
(b) From Dave.
(d) From Pa.
14. How does the old woman feel the landlord addressed her as?
(a) An equal.
(b) A slave.
(c) A servant.
(d) His superior.
15. In Chapter 8, by the trash heap, what does the landlord speak to the old woman about?
(a) Whether she wants tea.
(b) How every family in the village is doing.
(c) How much money she makes.
(d) How things have changed in the village.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom is G. eavesdropping on at the Miami Club?
2. What is going on in the city in Chapter 9 that the village is in fear of?
3. What is G. afraid of concerning other people?
4. Who is the main protagonist in Chapter 10?
5. Where are the poor whites on the island originally from?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)