|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to a lot of trees in the village?
(a) They are felled.
(b) There is a forest fire.
(c) Lightning hits them.
(d) People use them for firewood.
2. What is G. afraid of concerning other people?
(a) Their skin color.
(b) That they will claim to know you.
(c) That they will rob you.
(d) Nothing at all.
3. In Chapter 13, what does the head teacher say he would offer to do for Pa?
(a) Let Pa live with him.
(b) Buy Pa's house.
(c) Give Pa a part-time job.
(d) Get Mr. Slime to let Pa stay in his house.
4. How does the old woman feel at first about the landlord having chosen to speak to her in Chapter 8?
(a) She feels looked down upon.
(b) She feels annoyed.
(c) She feels pleased.
(d) She feels very sad.
5. What do the men at the park gate give to Bob and Trumper?
(a) Pins to put on the train tracks.
(b) Sticks to use as a weapon.
6. What sort of dreams does Pa tell G. that he has?
(a) Funny ones.
(b) Strange ones.
(c) Prophetic ones.
7. When the landlord speaks personally to Ma while she is on her way to the office in Chapter 8, what does he tell her he will do if things get any worse in the village?
(a) He will give the land to the villagers.
(b) He will rebuild.
(c) He will burn it down.
(d) He will sell the land.
8. According to Pa, what is "price" equal to?
9. How does Bob escape the city without further harm?
(a) He crawls home.
(b) He hides in a trash heap.
(c) He finds Trumper.
(d) He goes to police headquarters.
10. What happens to Ma at the end of Chapter 10?
(a) She laughs at Pa's words.
(b) She has an anxiety attack.
(c) She goes back to sleep.
(d) She falls over dead.
11. Why does G. feel it best to be separated for a day from what he found on the beach?
(a) So it doesn't hurt him.
(b) It confuses him.
(c) It would mean more to him.
(d) It is too bright.
12. What is going on in the city in Chapter 9 that the village is in fear of?
(c) Drunken parties.
(d) Open-air preaching.
13. What happens to the landlord's daughter?
(a) She moves to England.
(b) She stays in Barbados.
(c) She emigrates to America.
(d) She marries a sailor.
14. From whom does G. receive letters in Chapter 11?
(a) Trumper and Trinidad school authorities.
(b) Boy Blue and Trinidad school authorities.
(c) Boy Blue and Trumper.
(d) His mother and Trumper.
15. Why does the old woman go down to the landlord's house?
(a) To spy on him.
(b) To have tea.
(c) To ask for a loan.
(d) To pay the rent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Ma having pain?
2. In Chapter 12, G. goes to Pa's house and they begin to discuss how the village has changed. G. went to visit Pa to tell him something. What was it?
3. What did Ma tell Pa he should never do?
4. What question does Pa really want answered by the head teacher in Chapter 13?
5. What does the man visiting Mr. Foster in Chapter 13 offer to buy from him?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)