|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes to visit G. the night before he leaves Barbados?
(b) Mr. Slime.
(d) Boy Blue.
2. In what way does Mr. Foster change his attitude toward the new landowner sitting in his home in Chapter 13?
(a) He begins to cry.
(b) He turns it all into a joke.
(c) He gets extremely angry and forceful.
(d) He becomes more complacant.
3. What question does Pa really want answered by the head teacher in Chapter 13?
(a) Why he is being sent to the Alms House.
(b) How much his house is worth.
(c) Why Mr. Creighton sold the land to Mr. Slime.
(d) When he has to leave.
4. Why does the old woman go down to the landlord's house?
(a) To have tea.
(b) To ask for a loan.
(c) To spy on him.
(d) To pay the rent.
5. In what voice is Chapter 8 presented?
(a) Unreliable first person.
(b) Second person.
(c) First person.
6. How much time has gone by in the beginning of Chapter 10?
(b) A month.
(c) A few hours.
7. Which is one of the islands named by Pa to which tribes were shipped by boat?
(b) St. Martin.
8. Whom is G. eavesdropping on at the Miami Club?
(a) His mother and Mr. Slime.
(b) Mr. Slime and Mr. Creighton.
(c) Mr. Slime and the head teacher.
(d) His mother and the head teacher.
9. As Mr. Foster and Bob's father sit and discuss what the details might be of what is happening in the city, who is speaking in the road outside their homes, telling them her boy has been killed in the city?
(a) The old drunken woman.
(b) Miss Foster.
(c) The landlord's wife.
(d) The English lady.
10. What does the shoemaker say the author J.B. Priestly prophesied?
(a) The end of the world.
(b) World War I.
(c) World War II.
(d) Tourism in Barbados.
11. In Chapter 8, by the trash heap, what does the landlord speak to the old woman about?
(a) How much money she makes.
(b) How every family in the village is doing.
(c) How things have changed in the village.
(d) Whether she wants tea.
12. How does Bob escape the city without further harm?
(a) He crawls home.
(b) He finds Trumper.
(c) He goes to police headquarters.
(d) He hides in a trash heap.
13. Who is G. talking to in Chapter 12?
(a) Mr. Foster.
(c) Mr. Slime.
(d) His father.
14. The old woman thinks she knows how the landlord feels towards the villagers. What feeling is predominant?
(a) Deep love.
15. How does the old woman feel the landlord addressed her as?
(a) A servant.
(b) A slave.
(c) His superior.
(d) An equal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does "Pa" want Mr. Foster and Bob's father to do in Chapter 9?
2. What does Pa think the landlord should do about the land?
3. Where do Trumper and Bob go after they have waited three hours to find out about the fighting in the city?
4. In Chapter 13, what does the head teacher say he would offer to do for Pa?
5. What sort of dreams does Pa tell G. that he has?
This section contains 568 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)