|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is G. writing at the beginning of Chapter 14?
(a) A novel.
(b) A school notebook.
(c) A history book.
(d) A journal.
2. What happens to a lot of trees in the village?
(a) Lightning hits them.
(b) They are felled.
(c) There is a forest fire.
(d) People use them for firewood.
3. What happens to Ma at the end of Chapter 10?
(a) She has an anxiety attack.
(b) She falls over dead.
(c) She laughs at Pa's words.
(d) She goes back to sleep.
4. How much time has gone by in the beginning of Chapter 10?
(b) A month.
(c) A few hours.
5. What happens to the families shipped to the islands from Africa?
(a) They are brought over together.
(b) They get split up.
(c) They are killed one by one.
(d) They are adopted by the white people.
6. What color is the goat with Pa in Chapter 12?
7. Why does G. feel it best to be separated for a day from what he found on the beach?
(a) So it doesn't hurt him.
(b) It is too bright.
(c) It confuses him.
(d) It would mean more to him.
8. How does Bob escape the city without further harm?
(a) He hides in a trash heap.
(b) He crawls home.
(c) He goes to police headquarters.
(d) He finds Trumper.
9. Where does the head teacher say he and Mr. Creighton plan to send Pa?
(c) The Alms House.
(d) To live with the Fosters.
10. According to Pa, what is "price" equal to?
11. From whom does G. receive letters in Chapter 11?
(a) Trumper and Trinidad school authorities.
(b) Boy Blue and Trinidad school authorities.
(c) His mother and Trumper.
(d) Boy Blue and Trumper.
12. As Mr. Foster and Bob's father sit and discuss what the details might be of what is happening in the city, who is speaking in the road outside their homes, telling them her boy has been killed in the city?
(a) Miss Foster.
(b) The old drunken woman.
(c) The landlord's wife.
(d) The English lady.
13. What do the men at the park gate give to Bob and Trumper?
(a) Sticks to use as a weapon.
(c) Pins to put on the train tracks.
14. What is it that Bob's father and Mr. Foster cannot bear to listen to in Mr. Foster's house as the men try to talk about the meaning of the fighting?
(b) The rioters coming.
(c) Bob's yelling.
(d) Miss Foster's crying.
15. Who is the only person G. has an attachment to and is grateful for in high school?
(a) Another teammate.
(b) His language teacher.
(c) The headmaster.
(d) The first assistant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is in pursuit of Bob and Trumper when they reach the city?
2. On whose side does Mr. Slime say he will be on in any calamity?
3. Who do the villagers think can take care of the fighting if it comes to the village?
4. What job does the overseer take on?
5. Which is one of the islands named by Pa to which tribes were shipped by boat?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)