|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose side is the old woman on when the landlord takes her aside to speak with her about the village?
(b) She is neutral.
(c) Mr. Slime's.
(d) The landlord's.
2. What is it that Pa says people have a way of not remembering?
(b) Old people.
(d) The land.
3. Pa states that if you hear someone wanting to get back to Africa, what should you think?
(a) Hurry on a boat.
(b) He is a wise person.
(c) All of your people should go.
(d) You do not belong there yet.
4. Who tells Pa that G. is going away?
(a) G.'s mother.
(b) Mrs. Creighton.
(c) Miss Foster.
(d) Bob's mother.
5. What does G. find on the beach that he decides to hide?
(a) A beautiful shell.
(b) A dead crab.
(c) A pebble.
6. What did Ma tell Pa he should never do?
(a) Put her things in her coffin.
(b) Get rid of the house.
(c) Be unfriendly to the landlord.
(d) Sell her stuff.
7. What happens to the landlord's daughter?
(a) She emigrates to America.
(b) She moves to England.
(c) She marries a sailor.
(d) She stays in Barbados.
8. According to Pa, what is "price" equal to?
9. Who is the only person G. has an attachment to and is grateful for in high school?
(a) His language teacher.
(b) The headmaster.
(c) The first assistant.
(d) Another teammate.
10. How many sections is Chapter 13 divided into?
11. Who joins Mr. Foster, Miss Foster and the new landowner while the landowner is explaining to the Fosters that they must vacate the land?
(b) The overseer.
(c) Mr. Slime.
(d) The shoemaker.
12. How does the old woman feel at first about the landlord having chosen to speak to her in Chapter 8?
(a) She feels very sad.
(b) She feels annoyed.
(c) She feels pleased.
(d) She feels looked down upon.
13. Which is one of the islands named by Pa to which tribes were shipped by boat?
(a) St. Martin.
14. What job does the overseer take on?
(a) Tax collector.
(c) Head school master.
(d) Supervisor of roads.
15. What happens to the families shipped to the islands from Africa?
(a) They are killed one by one.
(b) They are brought over together.
(c) They get split up.
(d) They are adopted by the white people.
Short Answer Questions
1. When G. and his mother are in their kitchen, his mother gets angry with him..What does G.'s mother pick up to strike him with?
2. How much time has gone by in the beginning of Chapter 10?
3. How long has the landlord been living in the village?
4. What does the shoemaker say the author J.B. Priestly prophesied?
5. What does Trumper discover in America that is of great importance to him?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)