|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Bob after he tells his parents "they comin'"?
(a) He faints.
(b) He runs away.
(c) He tells them everything.
(d) He dies.
2. What color is the goat with Pa in Chapter 12?
3. Who do the villagers think can take care of the fighting if it comes to the village?
(a) The landlord.
(b) The overseer.
(c) The boys.
(d) Mr. Slime.
4. Pa states that if you hear someone wanting to get back to Africa, what should you think?
(a) All of your people should go.
(b) Hurry on a boat.
(c) You do not belong there yet.
(d) He is a wise person.
5. How does Bob escape the city without further harm?
(a) He goes to police headquarters.
(b) He crawls home.
(c) He finds Trumper.
(d) He hides in a trash heap.
6. What do the men at the park gate give to Bob and Trumper?
(b) Sticks to use as a weapon.
(d) Pins to put on the train tracks.
7. Who almost eats the fish G.'s mother has fried?
(a) Some young boys.
(b) A stray dog.
(c) A black cat.
(d) A racoon.
8. What does the young man, Barrow, decide to do for the war effort?
(a) Collect food and supplies.
(b) Join the army.
(c) Join the Royal Air Force.
(d) Donate blood.
9. What words does G.'s mother use to feel better about not being able to provide him with a nicer place to live?
(a) You live where your bed is.
(b) Any house is a home.
(c) The mind is the man.
(d) The room is not important.
10. Who is the main protagonist in Chapter 10?
(a) Mr. Slime.
(c) The landlord.
11. Who is G. talking to in Chapter 12?
(a) Mr. Foster.
(b) Mr. Slime.
(d) His father.
12. What job does the overseer take on?
(b) Tax collector.
(c) Head school master.
(d) Supervisor of roads.
13. Who tells Pa that G. is going away?
(a) Bob's mother.
(b) Mrs. Creighton.
(c) Miss Foster.
(d) G.'s mother.
14. What happens to Ma at the end of Chapter 10?
(a) She falls over dead.
(b) She laughs at Pa's words.
(c) She goes back to sleep.
(d) She has an anxiety attack.
15. What is happening to the roads in Chapter 12?
(a) They are flooding.
(b) They are being widened.
(c) They are being narrowed.
(d) They are being repaired.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the old woman feel the landlord addressed her as?
2. Why does the old woman go down to the landlord's house?
3. In what voice is Chapter 8 presented?
4. How is the high school different from the village school?
5. How long is the shoemaker told he has before he must vacate the land his shop is on?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)