Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The old woman thinks she knows how the landlord feels towards the villagers. What feeling is predominant?
(c) Deep love.
2. In Chapter 12, G. goes to Pa's house and they begin to discuss how the village has changed. G. went to visit Pa to tell him something. What was it?
(a) He is joining the police force.
(b) He is the new headmaster.
(c) He is going away.
(d) He is getting married.
3. What do the men at the park gate give to Bob and Trumper?
(a) Sticks to use as a weapon.
(d) Pins to put on the train tracks.
4. Who tells Pa that G. is going away?
(a) G.'s mother.
(b) Miss Foster.
(c) Bob's mother.
(d) Mrs. Creighton.
5. What does Trumper discover in America that is of great importance to him?
(a) Paul Robeson.
(b) That there is democracy.
(c) That he is of the Negro race.
(d) That he misses Barbados.
6. What happens to the families shipped to the islands from Africa?
(a) They are killed one by one.
(b) They are adopted by the white people.
(c) They are brought over together.
(d) They get split up.
7. After G. tells the reader his feelings about hiding the pebble and leaving the village school, where does Trumper tell G. he is going?
(a) To England.
(b) To Africa.
(c) To America.
(d) To Scotland.
8. What sort of dreams does Pa tell G. that he has?
(a) Funny ones.
(b) Strange ones.
(d) Prophetic ones.
9. Where does the head teacher say he and Mr. Creighton plan to send Pa?
(c) The Alms House.
(d) To live with the Fosters.
10. Who is the only person G. has an attachment to and is grateful for in high school?
(a) His language teacher.
(b) The first assistant.
(c) Another teammate.
(d) The headmaster.
11. In Chapter 12, as G. is talking to Pa, the reader learns that the village train has stopped running. Why?
(a) No one takes the train anymore.
(b) The tracks are sold for scrap iron for the war.
(c) The tracks are destroyed by the Germans.
(d) The landlord buys it and destroys it.
12. What does the shoemaker say the author J.B. Priestly prophesied?
(a) Tourism in Barbados.
(b) World War I.
(c) World War II.
(d) The end of the world.
13. Which is one of the islands named by Pa to which tribes were shipped by boat?
(d) St. Martin.
14. Why does the old woman go down to the landlord's house?
(a) To have tea.
(b) To spy on him.
(c) To ask for a loan.
(d) To pay the rent.
15. Who joins Mr. Foster, Miss Foster and the new landowner while the landowner is explaining to the Fosters that they must vacate the land?
(a) The overseer.
(c) The shoemaker.
(d) Mr. Slime.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does G.'s mother expect from him?
2. Where is G. preparing to go in Chapter 14?
3. What color is the goat with Pa in Chapter 12?
4. How much time has gone by in the beginning of Chapter 10?
5. In Chapter 8, by the trash heap, what does the landlord speak to the old woman about?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)