|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is G. talking to in Chapter 12?
(a) Mr. Foster.
(b) His father.
(c) Mr. Slime.
2. On whose side does Mr. Slime say he will be on in any calamity?
(a) The village's side.
(b) His own side.
(c) Nobody's side.
(d) The landlord's side.
3. Where does the head teacher say he and Mr. Creighton plan to send Pa?
(c) The Alms House.
(d) To live with the Fosters.
4. Why does the old woman go down to the landlord's house?
(a) To pay the rent.
(b) To ask for a loan.
(c) To have tea.
(d) To spy on him.
5. Why does G. feel it best to be separated for a day from what he found on the beach?
(a) It is too bright.
(b) It confuses him.
(c) It would mean more to him.
(d) So it doesn't hurt him.
6. What does the young man, Barrow, decide to do for the war effort?
(a) Donate blood.
(b) Collect food and supplies.
(c) Join the army.
(d) Join the Royal Air Force.
7. How does Bob escape the city without further harm?
(a) He finds Trumper.
(b) He crawls home.
(c) He hides in a trash heap.
(d) He goes to police headquarters.
8. How long is the shoemaker told he has before he must vacate the land his shop is on?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) A month.
(c) One day.
(d) A year.
9. After G. tells the reader his feelings about hiding the pebble and leaving the village school, where does Trumper tell G. he is going?
(a) To America.
(b) To Africa.
(c) To England.
(d) To Scotland.
10. Where is G. preparing to go in Chapter 14?
11. The old woman thinks she knows how the landlord feels towards the villagers. What feeling is predominant?
(d) Deep love.
12. What do the men at the park gate give to Bob and Trumper?
(b) Pins to put on the train tracks.
(d) Sticks to use as a weapon.
13. When Pa speaks about tribes, what do some tribes have that others do not?
14. Who is the main protagonist in Chapter 10?
(c) Mr. Slime.
(d) The landlord.
15. What color is the goat with Pa in Chapter 12?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has the landlord been living in the village?
2. Where do Trumper and Bob go after they have waited three hours to find out about the fighting in the city?
3. What does G.'s mother expect from him?
4. How does the old woman feel at first about the landlord having chosen to speak to her in Chapter 8?
5. How is the high school different from the village school?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)