|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pa think that Ma would not have believed if she were alive?
(b) How old he looks.
(c) The way things have changed.
(d) World War II.
2. What words does G.'s mother use to feel better about not being able to provide him with a nicer place to live?
(a) Any house is a home.
(b) You live where your bed is.
(c) The room is not important.
(d) The mind is the man.
3. In Chapter 12, G. goes to Pa's house and they begin to discuss how the village has changed. G. went to visit Pa to tell him something. What was it?
(a) He is the new headmaster.
(b) He is going away.
(c) He is joining the police force.
(d) He is getting married.
4. From whom does G. receive letters in Chapter 11?
(a) Trumper and Trinidad school authorities.
(b) Boy Blue and Trumper.
(c) Boy Blue and Trinidad school authorities.
(d) His mother and Trumper.
5. What job does the overseer take on?
(a) Head school master.
(c) Tax collector.
(d) Supervisor of roads.
6. What does Ma realize that Pa is doing while he sleeps in Chapter 10?
(c) Dreaming of other women.
(d) Having a seizure.
7. Who is G. talking to in Chapter 12?
(a) Mr. Slime.
(c) Mr. Foster.
(d) His father.
8. In Chapter 13, what does the head teacher say he would offer to do for Pa?
(a) Let Pa live with him.
(b) Get Mr. Slime to let Pa stay in his house.
(c) Give Pa a part-time job.
(d) Buy Pa's house.
9. Where does the head teacher say he and Mr. Creighton plan to send Pa?
(a) To live with the Fosters.
(d) The Alms House.
10. Where does G.'s mother get her information about Trinidad?
(a) From the newspapers.
(b) From Pa.
(c) From Dave.
11. What does "Pa" want Mr. Foster and Bob's father to do in Chapter 9?
(a) Hide in the house.
(b) Ask Mr. Slime what is happening in the city.
(c) Go into the city and report back.
(d) Run away from the village.
12. Pa states that if you hear someone wanting to get back to Africa, what should you think?
(a) He is a wise person.
(b) Hurry on a boat.
(c) You do not belong there yet.
(d) All of your people should go.
13. What does the bill the overseer puts on the lamp post state?
(a) How many weeks the people have to move.
(b) Mr. Slime is the new village land owner.
(c) Mr. Creighton has sold the land to the overseer.
(d) The price of each house.
14. What happens to the landlord's daughter?
(a) She marries a sailor.
(b) She emigrates to America.
(c) She moves to England.
(d) She stays in Barbados.
15. On whose side does Mr. Slime say he will be on in any calamity?
(a) His own side.
(b) Nobody's side.
(c) The landlord's side.
(d) The village's side.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bob escape the city without further harm?
2. What is G. afraid of concerning other people?
3. Why does G. feel it best to be separated for a day from what he found on the beach?
4. Who comes to visit G. the night before he leaves Barbados?
5. How does the old woman feel at first about the landlord having chosen to speak to her in Chapter 8?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)