|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is G. preparing to go in Chapter 14?
2. Which is one of the islands named by Pa to which tribes were shipped by boat?
(b) St. Martin.
3. Whose house falls to pieces as men try to move it?
(a) Pa's house.
(b) The shoemaker's house.
(c) G.'s house.
(d) Mr. Foster's house.
4. When G. and his mother are in their kitchen, his mother gets angry with him..What does G.'s mother pick up to strike him with?
(a) The whip.
(b) A frying pan.
(c) The big spoon.
(d) The stick.
5. What happens to Bob after he tells his parents "they comin'"?
(a) He tells them everything.
(b) He dies.
(c) He runs away.
(d) He faints.
6. In Chapter 8, by the trash heap, what does the landlord speak to the old woman about?
(a) How much money she makes.
(b) How every family in the village is doing.
(c) Whether she wants tea.
(d) How things have changed in the village.
7. How long has the landlord been living in the village?
(a) 20 years, exactly.
(b) Less than a year.
(c) More than 40 years.
(d) More than 30 years.
8. Who tells Pa that G. is going away?
(a) G.'s mother.
(b) Mrs. Creighton.
(c) Miss Foster.
(d) Bob's mother.
9. Where does the head teacher say he and Mr. Creighton plan to send Pa?
(c) To live with the Fosters.
(d) The Alms House.
10. According to Pa, what is "price" equal to?
11. How long is the shoemaker told he has before he must vacate the land his shop is on?
(a) A year.
(b) One day.
(c) A month.
(d) Three weeks.
12. What does the man visiting Mr. Foster in Chapter 13 offer to buy from him?
(a) His clothing.
(b) His house.
(c) His garage.
(d) His car.
13. What is it that Bob's father and Mr. Foster cannot bear to listen to in Mr. Foster's house as the men try to talk about the meaning of the fighting?
(a) Bob's yelling.
(b) The rioters coming.
(d) Miss Foster's crying.
14. What happens to the families shipped to the islands from Africa?
(a) They are killed one by one.
(b) They get split up.
(c) They are brought over together.
(d) They are adopted by the white people.
15. Pa states that if you hear someone wanting to get back to Africa, what should you think?
(a) Hurry on a boat.
(b) He is a wise person.
(c) You do not belong there yet.
(d) All of your people should go.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pa think that Ma would not have believed if she were alive?
2. Whose side is the old woman on when the landlord takes her aside to speak with her about the village?
3. G. has become attached to the first assistant who was mentoring him. G. gets the feeling that he will see him for the last time just before he gets a confirmation of a job offer. What job offer does G. receive?
4. What sort of dreams does Pa tell G. that he has?
5. What did Ma tell Pa he should never do?
This section contains 543 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)