|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is going on in the city in Chapter 9 that the village is in fear of?
(a) Open-air preaching.
(b) Drunken parties.
2. What is G. writing at the beginning of Chapter 14?
(a) A history book.
(b) A journal.
(c) A school notebook.
(d) A novel.
3. What is the value of people in Africa according to Pa?
(a) A certain amount of silver.
(b) 400 British pounds.
(c) Beyond any price.
(d) Five whites to one black man.
4. Where does G.'s mother get her information about Trinidad?
(b) From Dave.
(c) From the newspapers.
(d) From Pa.
5. In what voice is Chapter 8 presented?
(a) Second person.
(b) First person.
(d) Unreliable first person.
6. How many sections is Chapter 13 divided into?
7. Where do Trumper and Bob go after they have waited three hours to find out about the fighting in the city?
(a) They scale fences to get near the train lines.
(b) They go home.
(c) They walk to Pa's house.
(d) The run to the landlord's house.
8. G. has become attached to the first assistant who was mentoring him. G. gets the feeling that he will see him for the last time just before he gets a confirmation of a job offer. What job offer does G. receive?
(a) Teaching in America.
(b) Teaching in Trinidad.
(c) Joining the village police.
(d) Writing poetry for a publisher.
9. What happens to the families shipped to the islands from Africa?
(a) They are adopted by the white people.
(b) They are killed one by one.
(c) They are brought over together.
(d) They get split up.
10. How does the old woman feel the landlord addressed her as?
(a) His superior.
(b) A servant.
(c) A slave.
(d) An equal.
11. What is it that Pa says people have a way of not remembering?
(c) Old people.
(d) The land.
12. In Chapter 8, by the trash heap, what does the landlord speak to the old woman about?
(a) How every family in the village is doing.
(b) How things have changed in the village.
(c) How much money she makes.
(d) Whether she wants tea.
13. What color is the goat with Pa in Chapter 12?
14. When G. and his mother are in their kitchen, his mother gets angry with him..What does G.'s mother pick up to strike him with?
(a) A frying pan.
(b) The stick.
(c) The big spoon.
(d) The whip.
15. What job does the overseer take on?
(a) Tax collector.
(b) Supervisor of roads.
(d) Head school master.
Short Answer Questions
1. The old woman thinks she knows how the landlord feels towards the villagers. What feeling is predominant?
2. Where are the poor whites on the island originally from?
3. Who comes to visit G. the night before he leaves Barbados?
4. Who joins Mr. Foster, Miss Foster and the new landowner while the landowner is explaining to the Fosters that they must vacate the land?
5. Who is G. talking to in Chapter 12?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)