|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From whom does G. receive letters in Chapter 11?
(a) His mother and Trumper.
(b) Boy Blue and Trumper.
(c) Boy Blue and Trinidad school authorities.
(d) Trumper and Trinidad school authorities.
2. Whom is G. eavesdropping on at the Miami Club?
(a) Mr. Slime and the head teacher.
(b) Mr. Slime and Mr. Creighton.
(c) His mother and Mr. Slime.
(d) His mother and the head teacher.
3. What does Ma realize that Pa is doing while he sleeps in Chapter 10?
(c) Dreaming of other women.
(d) Having a seizure.
4. Who almost eats the fish G.'s mother has fried?
(a) A racoon.
(b) A stray dog.
(c) A black cat.
(d) Some young boys.
5. In what way does Mr. Foster change his attitude toward the new landowner sitting in his home in Chapter 13?
(a) He becomes more complacant.
(b) He begins to cry.
(c) He turns it all into a joke.
(d) He gets extremely angry and forceful.
6. Where is Ma having pain?
(a) Her stomach.
(b) Her legs.
(c) Her head.
(d) Her ribs.
7. Where does the head teacher say he and Mr. Creighton plan to send Pa?
(a) To live with the Fosters.
(c) The Alms House.
8. When the landlord speaks personally to Ma while she is on her way to the office in Chapter 8, what does he tell her he will do if things get any worse in the village?
(a) He will rebuild.
(b) He will burn it down.
(c) He will give the land to the villagers.
(d) He will sell the land.
9. Who do the villagers think can take care of the fighting if it comes to the village?
(a) Mr. Slime.
(b) The boys.
(c) The landlord.
(d) The overseer.
10. What is going on in the city in Chapter 9 that the village is in fear of?
(b) Drunken parties.
(d) Open-air preaching.
11. What is happening to the roads in Chapter 12?
(a) They are being narrowed.
(b) They are being widened.
(c) They are flooding.
(d) They are being repaired.
12. Where do Trumper and Bob go after they have waited three hours to find out about the fighting in the city?
(a) They walk to Pa's house.
(b) They scale fences to get near the train lines.
(c) They go home.
(d) The run to the landlord's house.
13. What is G. afraid of concerning other people?
(a) That they will rob you.
(b) That they will claim to know you.
(c) Their skin color.
(d) Nothing at all.
14. Who is the main protagonist in Chapter 10?
(a) The landlord.
(b) Mr. Slime.
15. Pa states that if you hear someone wanting to get back to Africa, what should you think?
(a) Hurry on a boat.
(b) All of your people should go.
(c) He is a wise person.
(d) You do not belong there yet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the man visiting Mr. Foster in Chapter 13 offer to buy from him?
2. Whose side is the old woman on when the landlord takes her aside to speak with her about the village?
3. How many sections is Chapter 13 divided into?
4. What is the value of people in Africa according to Pa?
5. What is it that Bob's father and Mr. Foster cannot bear to listen to in Mr. Foster's house as the men try to talk about the meaning of the fighting?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)