|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom is G. eavesdropping on at the Miami Club?
(a) His mother and Mr. Slime.
(b) Mr. Slime and the head teacher.
(c) Mr. Slime and Mr. Creighton.
(d) His mother and the head teacher.
2. Where is Ma having pain?
(a) Her legs.
(b) Her head.
(c) Her stomach.
(d) Her ribs.
3. Why does the old woman hesitate to tell the old man about what the landlord said?
(a) She forgets what he said.
(b) She thinks he will be disturbed.
(c) She does not want him too happy.
(d) She is in love with the landlord.
4. Who comes to visit G. the night before he leaves Barbados?
(c) Mr. Slime.
(d) Boy Blue.
5. Why do the men fighting in the city make their way toward the villages?
(a) To kill the villagers.
(b) To get food.
(c) They are tired.
(d) The police force them to retreat.
6. What happens to Ma at the end of Chapter 10?
(a) She goes back to sleep.
(b) She has an anxiety attack.
(c) She falls over dead.
(d) She laughs at Pa's words.
7. What does G.'s mother expect from him?
8. Whose house falls to pieces as men try to move it?
(a) Mr. Foster's house.
(b) Pa's house.
(c) G.'s house.
(d) The shoemaker's house.
9. Who joins Mr. Foster, Miss Foster and the new landowner while the landowner is explaining to the Fosters that they must vacate the land?
(b) Mr. Slime.
(c) The shoemaker.
(d) The overseer.
10. What sort of dreams does Pa tell G. that he has?
(a) Strange ones.
(b) Prophetic ones.
(c) Funny ones.
11. Who is the only person G. has an attachment to and is grateful for in high school?
(a) The headmaster.
(b) Another teammate.
(c) The first assistant.
(d) His language teacher.
12. In Chapter 12, G. goes to visit Pa before he leaves for his new job. In general, how often does G. go to see Pa?
(a) Every day.
(b) Every two years.
13. What do the men at the park gate give to Bob and Trumper?
(a) Pins to put on the train tracks.
(c) Sticks to use as a weapon.
14. What is G. writing at the beginning of Chapter 14?
(a) A journal.
(b) A history book.
(c) A novel.
(d) A school notebook.
15. Where are the poor whites on the island originally from?
(c) New Zealand.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Pa, what is "price" equal to?
2. What is it that Bob's father and Mr. Foster cannot bear to listen to in Mr. Foster's house as the men try to talk about the meaning of the fighting?
3. In Chapter 12, as G. is talking to Pa, the reader learns that the village train has stopped running. Why?
4. What is considered by the white man to be the best of Africa's produce?
5. What field of work do Bob and Boy Blue both enter?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)