Short Answer Key
1. What is G. celebrating in Chapter 1?
His ninth birthday.
2. How do the neighbors refer to G's day of celebration in order to console him?
"The day brought showers of blessings."
3. Which season in the village could change everything?
4. What does G.'s mother say about everything that displeases her?
"It's a shame."
5. When does G.'s mother sing?
When G. tries to remember his father.
6. When G.'s mother sings in the house, in what way do the neighbors respond?
They sing back.
7. In what country does G.'s grandmother live?
8. What happens to G.'s grandfather before his mother is born?
9. To where does G.'s maternal uncle emigrate?
10. What happens to the Foster family?
They lose their house in the flood.
11. What happens to G.'s pigeon?
12. Where is the...
This section contains 3,094 words|
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)