|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does the old man in Chapter 4 compare Mr. Slime?
(c) The king.
(d) Mr. Creighton.
2. In Chapter 8, by the trash heap, what does the landlord speak to the old woman about?
(a) How every family in the village is doing.
(b) Whether she wants tea.
(c) How things have changed in the village.
(d) How much money she makes.
3. The boys standing under the pipe in Chapter 3 devise a plan to retaliate against the head teacher. What is the plan?
(a) To write him a nasty letter.
(b) To stone him.
(c) To put tacks on his chair.
(d) To knock on his door and run.
4. When Mr. Slime arrives with news of the strike in Chapter 5, what is the reaction of the men?
(a) They don't care.
(b) They are angry.
(c) They are a little disappointed.
(d) They are thrilled.
5. What does the old man say Mr. Slime is telling the people they should own?
(b) Their own land.
(c) More livestock.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the men fighting in the city make their way toward the villages?
2. In Chapter 12, as G. is talking to Pa, the reader learns that the village train has stopped running. Why?
3. What is going on in the city in Chapter 9 that the village is in fear of?
4. How is Trumper able to get his two friends inside the gate of the landlord's home?
5. What is the little boy afraid of as the preacher tries to convert him in Chapter 7?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)