|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the old man once do that had money flowing through his hands "like the flood"?
(a) Sold goats to the landlords.
(b) LIved in England and worked.
(c) Panned for gold in South America.
(d) Helped build the Panama Canal.
2. What does the old man say Mr. Slime is telling the people they should own?
(a) Their own land.
(d) More livestock.
3. What does Ma realize that Pa is doing while he sleeps in Chapter 10?
(a) Having a seizure.
(c) Dreaming of other women.
4. Why do the villagers believe that Mr. Slime resigned his teaching position?
(a) To help the poor.
(b) So he could move to America.
(c) To become a missionary.
(d) To do bigger and better political work.
5. Miss Foster says the phrase "..pick up the weself" when telling Bob's mother and G.'s mother about the flood. What does "weself" mean?
(b) Photos of them when they were little.
(c) They do not know what she means.
(d) Little children.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Ma having pain?
2. Why does the old woman hesitate to tell the old man about what the landlord said?
3. What is the value of people in Africa according to Pa?
4. When the shoemaker talks about Marcus Garvey in Chapter 5, why don't some people like it when he tells them they are brothers because he is from Africa?
5. What is the sanitary water inspector checking for?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)