|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which two women get into a physical brawl in Chapter 5?
(a) Sheila Grimes and Baby Parker.
(b) Ma and the old woman.
(c) Miss Foster and Sheila Grimes.
(d) Miss Foster and Bob's mother.
2. How does the water inspector check the drinking water?
(a) He scrapes the side of the container with a long spoon.
(b) He never checks it.
(c) He tests it in a lab.
(d) He tastes it.
3. When Miss Foster goes to see the landlord, Mr. Creighton, what does he do?
(a) He yells at her.
(b) He gives her money and a cup of tea.
(c) He tells her to go home.
(d) He makes her empty promises.
4. How does Bob feel about his mother beating him all of the time?
(a) He is afraid.
(b) He is hardened to it.
(c) He feels very sad all of the time.
(d) He likes the beatings.
5. What is the headmaster's overwhelming feeling when he looks inside the envelope and thinks about its contents?
(a) Fear over the contents.
(b) Guilt at what he sees.
(c) Confusion as to what he should do.
(d) Love because of the photo he sees.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does G.'s mother sing?
2. When Mr. Slime arrives with news of the strike in Chapter 5, what is the reaction of the men?
3. Why do the landlords travel from road to road throughout the village in Chapter 2?
4. What makes the drinking water give G. a belly ache?
5. Who does the headmaster put to the back of his mind as being too big and important to deal with yet, after he has seen the contents of the envelope?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)