|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What role does Bob play in order to get past his mother, G.'s mother and Miss Foster?
(a) He is just himself.
(b) He acts like a lion.
(c) He pretends he is a bear.
(d) He becomes a rabbit.
2. The village overseers are given special favors. What is one favor given?
(a) Free food after working 10 years.
(b) The law does not apply to them.
(c) Freedom from traffic tickets.
(d) Owning the land their house is on after 20 years.
3. Who do Bob's and G.'s mother decide are not worth bothering about?
(b) The children.
(c) The fowlcock.
(d) Mr. Foster.
4. What is the headmaster's overwhelming feeling when he looks inside the envelope and thinks about its contents?
(a) Fear over the contents.
(b) Guilt at what he sees.
(c) Love because of the photo he sees.
(d) Confusion as to what he should do.
5. How does the water inspector check the drinking water?
(a) He tests it in a lab.
(b) He never checks it.
(c) He scrapes the side of the container with a long spoon.
(d) He tastes it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to G.'s pigeon?
2. While a crowd of villagers wait in line to buy food from a vendor, whom do they let cut the line?
3. Miss Foster says the phrase "..pick up the weself" when telling Bob's mother and G.'s mother about the flood. What does "weself" mean?
4. Why does the mother groan in Chapter 1?
5. What is in the envelope that the head teacher receives from a boy?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)