|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While a crowd of villagers wait in line to buy food from a vendor, whom do they let cut the line?
(a) The overseer.
(b) The landlord.
(c) No one cuts the line.
(d) A white man.
2. How does Bob feel about his mother beating him all of the time?
(a) He likes the beatings.
(b) He is afraid.
(c) He is hardened to it.
(d) He feels very sad all of the time.
3. Where is the drinking water for the house kept?
(a) In a barrel.
(b) In the faucet.
(c) In the spring.
(d) It had to be purchased.
4. What happens to the Foster family?
(a) They leave the village.
(b) They lose their house in the flood.
(c) They adopt many children.
(d) They emigrate to America.
5. What does Pa do that he never told anyone else about?
(a) He has an affair.
(b) He writes a letter to the king.
(c) He nearly drowns.
(d) He touches a dead man.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what country does G.'s grandmother live?
2. What is the sanitary water inspector checking for?
3. What does the head teacher do when a student laughs during his presentation about pennies given on Empire Day?
4. When G.'s mother sings in the house, in what way do the neighbors respond?
5. In what way is G. embarrassed as he is being bathed outside in his yard?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)