|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the mother groan in Chapter 1?
(a) She feels that the kitchen is in a mess.
(b) She has lost her money.
(c) She is in a lot of pain.
(d) She is hungry.
2. How does Bob feel about his mother beating him all of the time?
(a) He is hardened to it.
(b) He feels very sad all of the time.
(c) He is afraid.
(d) He likes the beatings.
3. What delicacy is being sold by a road vendor in Chapter 2?
(b) Black pudding and souse.
(c) Oysters and crabs.
(d) Lobster boiled in chicken broth.
4. When does G.'s mother sing?
(a) When she is happy.
(b) In the shower.
(c) When she was in the choir.
(d) When G. tries to remember his father.
5. Where is the drinking water for the house kept?
(a) In the faucet.
(b) In a barrel.
(c) It had to be purchased.
(d) In the spring.
Short Answer Questions
1. What emotion does Bob's mother express when Bob smiles at G. being bathed?
2. How does the water inspector check the drinking water?
3. When G.'s mother sings in the house, in what way do the neighbors respond?
4. Why does the white gentleman get angry when Gordon tries to sell him a fowlcock in Chapter 2?
5. What makes the drinking water give G. a belly ache?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)