|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the landlords travel from road to road throughout the village in Chapter 2?
(a) To assess the damage from the flood.
(b) To be sure that everyone has enough water.
(c) To collect the rent money.
(d) To chat with the villagers.
2. Why does Miss Foster go to see the landlord?
(a) To ask about her husband and her home.
(b) To get help.
(c) To get her rent back.
(d) To pay the rent.
3. When does G.'s mother sing?
(a) In the shower.
(b) When she was in the choir.
(c) When G. tries to remember his father.
(d) When she is happy.
4. What happens to G.'s grandfather before his mother is born?
(a) He is in a car accident.
(b) He joins the army.
(c) He dies.
(d) He goes to America.
5. What happens to the Foster family?
(a) They emigrate to America.
(b) They adopt many children.
(c) They lose their house in the flood.
(d) They leave the village.
Short Answer Questions
1. While a crowd of villagers wait in line to buy food from a vendor, whom do they let cut the line?
2. What happens to G.'s pigeon?
3. Why does the white gentleman get angry when Gordon tries to sell him a fowlcock in Chapter 2?
4. Why does the mother groan in Chapter 1?
5. What does G.'s mother say about everything that displeases her?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)