|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pa do that he never told anyone else about?
(a) He nearly drowns.
(b) He writes a letter to the king.
(c) He touches a dead man.
(d) He has an affair.
2. What device does the author use to let the reader know that the head teacher likes to drink ?
(a) Descriptive words.
(c) Point of view.
3. When G.'s mother sings in the house, in what way do the neighbors respond?
(a) They whistle.
(b) They call the police.
(c) They boo her.
(d) They sing back.
4. Why do the landlords travel from road to road throughout the village in Chapter 2?
(a) To chat with the villagers.
(b) To collect the rent money.
(c) To be sure that everyone has enough water.
(d) To assess the damage from the flood.
5. What is one of the ways in which the old man and the old woman make a living?
(a) They sell goat's milk.
(b) They run a food cart.
(c) They sell cow's milk.
(d) They make clothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does the old man in Chapter 4 compare Mr. Slime?
2. What does the head teacher do when a student laughs during his presentation about pennies given on Empire Day?
3. What new venture does Mr. Slime begin?
4. Who does the old woman say is Mr. Slime's enemy?
5. When an old woman tells a schoolboy she had once been a slave, what does his teacher tell him?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)