|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While a crowd of villagers wait in line to buy food from a vendor, whom do they let cut the line?
(a) The overseer.
(b) The landlord.
(c) No one cuts the line.
(d) A white man.
2. Who are Pa and Ma?
(a) The village's mayor and his wife.
(b) England's queen and king's nicknames.
(c) The oldest couple in the village.
(d) G.'s parents.
3. Who does the headmaster put to the back of his mind as being too big and important to deal with yet, after he has seen the contents of the envelope?
(a) Mr. Slime.
(b) His boss.
(c) His wife.
(d) The students.
4. Why does the old man keep looking up at the landlord's house before he retires to bed?
(a) He is praying for the landlord.
(b) He is putting a bad spell on the landlord.
(c) He wonders what it feels like to be big and great.
(d) He is suspicious of what goes on there.
5. What is in the envelope that the head teacher receives from a boy?
(a) A newspaper clipping.
(b) Two photographs.
(c) A letter.
(d) One photograph of a man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the drinking water for the house kept?
2. What device does the author use to let the reader know that the head teacher likes to drink ?
3. What did the old man once do that had money flowing through his hands "like the flood"?
4. What new venture does Mr. Slime begin?
5. What do the village boys do for fun and adventure on the railroad tracks?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)