|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Nine-year-old G. sees things in his bed when his eyes open. What does he see?
(a) His grandparents.
2. What is in the envelope that the head teacher receives from a boy?
(a) One photograph of a man.
(b) A letter.
(c) A newspaper clipping.
(d) Two photographs.
3. Which woman had children by a baker, a butcher and an unknown man?
(a) Bob's mother.
(c) Miss Foster.
(d) G. mother.
4. What do some of the boys argue about when they receive their pennies?
(a) Their worthlessness.
(b) How the pennies could be duplicated.
(c) How much each received.
(d) Where to spend them.
5. While a crowd of villagers wait in line to buy food from a vendor, whom do they let cut the line?
(a) The landlord.
(b) The overseer.
(c) No one cuts the line.
(d) A white man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do Bob's and G.'s mother decide are not worth bothering about?
2. What role does Bob play in order to get past his mother, G.'s mother and Miss Foster?
3. What does Ma have Pa do to get him to stop thinking about dying?
4. What happens to G.'s grandfather before his mother is born?
5. When G.'s mother sings in the house, in what way do the neighbors respond?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)