1. What is G. celebrating in Chapter 1?
(a) His mother's birthday.
(c) The end of the flood season.
(d) His ninth birthday.
2. How do the neighbors refer to G's day of celebration in order to console him?
(a) "Tomorrow is another day."
(b) "The day brought showers of blessings."
(c) "Your home is in one piece."
(d) "At last the sun came out."
3. Which season in the village could change everything?
(a) The hot summer.
(b) Winter season.
(c) Tourist season.
(d) Flood season.
4. What does G.'s mother say about everything that displeases her?
(a) "Oh, no!"
(b) "I'm angry now."
(c) "Too bad."
(d) "It's a shame."
5. When does G.'s mother sing?
(a) When she was in the choir.
(b) When she is happy.
(c) In the shower.
(d) When G. tries to remember his father.
6. When G.'s mother sings in the house, in what way do the neighbors respond?
(a) They call the police.
(b) They whistle.
(c) They boo her.
(d) They sing back.
This section contains 5,052 words
(approx. 17 pages at 300 words per page)