|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What adjective does the narrator use to describe Boone's character?
2. Why does Williams feel that women especially appreciated Burr?
(a) Burr was extremely handsome and dashing.
(b) Burr was well-educated and had a distinguished military record.
(c) Burr treated women with respect and wanted them to be free.
(d) Burr did not care about religion.
3. How does Captain Landais' insubordination to John Paul Jones begin?
(a) He accuses Jones of losing the barge by taking unnecessary chances with the boats.
(b) He accuses Jones of treason.
(c) He accuses Jones of failing to pursue the enemy as vigorously as possible.
(d) He accuses Jones of not taking into consideration the needs of the men on board.
4. What kind of position is Jones' squadron in when the battle begins?
(a) Jones has only three ships left and is at a severe disadvantage.
(b) Jones has the same number of ships as the enemy.
(c) Jones has 20 ships and is at a strong advantage.
(d) Jones has fewer ships, but is in a better position geographically than the enemy is.
5. Why does the narrator admire Pere Rasles?
(a) He converted many Puritans to Catholicism.
(b) He lived with the Abnaki Indians for 34 years.
(c) He mapped the area where the Abnaki lived.
(d) He provided useful information to the English.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jones feel about the battle?
2. Why does Lincoln borrow a neighbor's baby?
3. What does Williams admire about Poe's choice of words?
4. What quality does Williams admire in the woman who lives in the "ramshackle castle" by the railroad tracks?
5. According to the narrator, what was Boone's emotional state when he lived alone in the wilderness for three months?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)