|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does the narrator give for believing that Americans have trouble understanding their own national character?
(a) Americans only like to think about the future.
(b) Americans think that all Americans are Native Americans.
(c) Americans do not like to admit that they have origins and a history.
(d) Americans do not have any character left, only emptiness.
2. How does the narrator say that Puritans viewed the Indian?
(a) As an unformed Puritan.
(b) As a savage devil.
(c) As a degenerate.
(d) As a fellow Christian.
3. How does the narrator describe George Washington's character at the beginning of "George Washington"?
(a) He says that Washington was corrupted by power.
(b) He says that Washington was ambitious.
(c) He says that Washington rarely told the truth.
(d) He says that Washington was a good man.
4. What does Williams say that Africans came enslaved from Africa for?
5. Which Founding Father refers to Aaron Burr as dangerous?
(a) Alexander Hamilton.
(b) Thomas Jefferson.
(c) James Madison.
(d) Benjamin Franklin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event has distracted historians from telling the whole story about Burr?
2. What warning does Williams give the reader about history at the beginning of "The Virtue of History"?
3. When does Houston defeat Santa Ana?
4. What state does Houston become Governor of, and later serve as a U.S. Senator from?
5. Why does the narrator admire Pere Rasles?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)