|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Pere Rasles?
(a) He is killed by the Abnaki.
(b) He is assassinated by the English.
(c) He is killed by enemies of the Abnaki.
(d) He dies peacefully of old age.
2. What characteristic drives Franklin's curiosity, according to one of the narrators of "Poor Richard"?
3. What do you think that Williams means when he says that Lincoln's assassination shows the "brutalizing desolation of life in America up to that time"?
(a) Williams is referring to the desolate landscape that was left after many cities were burned during the Civil War.
(b) Williams is referring to the violence of American life.
(c) Williams is referring to the personal depression of many Americans during the Civil War.
(d) Williams is referring to the fact that few Americans lived to reach old age during Lincoln's day.
4. How does Jones say he reacted to the damage incurred by the Bon Homme Richard?
(a) He had the ship sunk on purpose because it was no longer able to sail.
(b) He made a few repairs and then decided to abandon ship.
(c) He tried his best to keep the ship afloat long enough to bring it into port.
(d) He immediately evacuated all his men and supplies off the ship.
5. What does Williams compare the various incidents of Lincoln's life to?
(a) Dancers doing a series of intricately choreographed steps.
(b) Ridges of a sculpture that should be made of Lincoln.
(c) Instruments playing in an orchestra.
(d) Lines in a carefully crafted poem.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jacataqua ask Aaron Burr to do?
2. What does the "Poor Richard" narrator say is a common misconception that Europeans have about America?
3. What event has distracted historians from telling the whole story about Burr?
4. Why does John Paul Jones write to Benjamin Franklin in "Battle Between the Bon Homme Richard and the Serapis"?
5. What adjective does the narrator use to describe Boone's character?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)