|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Williams say is the one thing that Americans fear more than anything else in the world?
2. How does Jones feel about the battle?
(a) He says that it is necessary.
(b) He says that it is beautiful.
(c) He says that it is exciting.
(d) He says that it is horrifying.
3. According to the narrator, what was Boone's emotional state when he lived alone in the wilderness for three months?
4. How does Captain Landais' insubordination to John Paul Jones begin?
(a) He accuses Jones of not taking into consideration the needs of the men on board.
(b) He accuses Jones of losing the barge by taking unnecessary chances with the boats.
(c) He accuses Jones of failing to pursue the enemy as vigorously as possible.
(d) He accuses Jones of treason.
5. Who is the narrator for the second half of "Poor Richard"?
(a) Benjamin Franklin.
(b) An American Indian.
(c) An average American.
(d) William Carlos Williams.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator say that Puritans viewed the Indian?
2. How does Jones say he reacted to the damage incurred by the Bon Homme Richard?
3. What does Williams say that Africans came enslaved from Africa for?
4. What category of people does Williams say that Houston fits into?
5. Why does Franklin recommend against trying to make money in America through manufacturing?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)