|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jones feel about the battle?
(a) He says that it is horrifying.
(b) He says that it is necessary.
(c) He says that it is exciting.
(d) He says that it is beautiful.
2. Who does the narrator say was the only American ever to see General Washington in a towering rage?
(a) Benjamin Franklin.
(b) Aaron Burr.
(c) General Lee.
(d) Thomas Jefferson.
3. Which of the following adjectives best describes the narrator's experience of Paris?
4. What do you think that Williams means when he says that Lincoln's assassination shows the "brutalizing desolation of life in America up to that time"?
(a) Williams is referring to the violence of American life.
(b) Williams is referring to the fact that few Americans lived to reach old age during Lincoln's day.
(c) Williams is referring to the desolate landscape that was left after many cities were burned during the Civil War.
(d) Williams is referring to the personal depression of many Americans during the Civil War.
5. Why does Houston resign as Governor of Tennessee?
(a) His new wife leaves him after three months.
(b) He wants to join the Army.
(c) He misses living with the Indians.
(d) He wants to move further to the West.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williams say is the one thing that Americans fear more than anything else in the world?
2. When does Houston defeat Santa Ana?
3. What does Williams say that American families cheat their daughters out of by trying to frighten them into delaying the loss of their virginity?
4. How does Jones say he reacted to the damage incurred by the Bon Homme Richard?
5. What does Jacataqua ask Aaron Burr to do?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)