|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event has distracted historians from telling the whole story about Burr?
(a) The French and Indian War.
(b) Shea's rebellion.
(c) The American Revolution.
(d) The duel with Alexander Hamilton.
2. Why does John Paul Jones write to Benjamin Franklin in "Battle Between the Bon Homme Richard and the Serapis"?
(a) To explain the circumstances leading up to the loss of a ship.
(b) To explain how ships could be better maintained so that they are more resistant to fires.
(c) To explain the outcome of a recent battle.
(d) To explain why he feels that naval policy should be changed.
3. What area does Boone discover, along with his brother, just before the American Revolution?
4. Who does Lincoln say he owes everything he is or ever will be to?
(a) His devoted wife.
(b) His faithful housekeeper.
(c) His loving sister.
(d) His angel mother.
5. Why does Williams say that it is "water from a spring" to talk to M?
(a) Because M is always so cheerful.
(b) Because M uses such original language.
(c) Because M lives near a spring.
(d) Because M likes the rain in the spring.
Short Answer Questions
1. What virtue does the narrator say that Washington particularly valued in his troops?
2. Who is the narrator for the second half of "Poor Richard"?
3. What does the narrator say about Washington's attitude toward the presidency?
4. What does William Carlos Williams say is the most important thing to remember about people who are descended from Africans who were brought to the Americas in slavery?
5. What adjective does the narrator use to describe Boone's character?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)