|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Williams think that Burr did not get along with Alexander Hamilton and Thomas Jefferson?
(a) They favored a stronger central government than he did.
(b) They did not approve of Burr's affairs with women.
(c) They campaigned against Burr when he ran for office.
(d) They had not gotten along since the first time they had met.
2. What characteristic drives Franklin's curiosity, according to one of the narrators of "Poor Richard"?
3. What does Jacataqua ask Aaron Burr to do?
(a) Fight. with her.
(b) Hunt with her.
(c) Sleep with her.
(d) Eat with her.
4. What does Williams say that American families cheat their daughters out of by trying to frighten them into delaying the loss of their virginity?
5. What does Poe call Longfellow?
(a) A shyster.
(b) A thief.
(c) An ignoramus.
(d) A plagiarist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williams admire about Poe's choice of words?
2. What warning does Williams give the reader about history at the beginning of "The Virtue of History"?
3. Who raises Sam Houston during the early years of his life?
4. What does the narrator's interlocutor, Valyry Larbaud, admire about the Puritans?
5. What does Williams say that many American crimes are caused by?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)