|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What area does Boone discover, along with his brother, just before the American Revolution?
2. What does Williams say that American families cheat their daughters out of by trying to frighten them into delaying the loss of their virginity?
3. What does Williams say that Africans came enslaved from Africa for?
4. How does Jones feel about the battle?
(a) He says that it is exciting.
(b) He says that it is beautiful.
(c) He says that it is horrifying.
(d) He says that it is necessary.
5. What does the "Poor Richard" narrator say is a common misconception that Europeans have about America?
(a) Americans place a high value on leisure time and do not like to work.
(b) They can move there and quickly be elected to political office.
(c) It is a dangerous place because there are so many Indian raids.
(d) It is very hard to earn a living by farming in America.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williams say that Lincoln finds no relief from?
2. What virtue does the narrator say that Washington particularly valued in his troops?
3. What does William Carlos Williams say is the most important thing to remember about people who are descended from Africans who were brought to the Americas in slavery?
4. What adjective does the narrator use to describe Boone's character?
5. How does Captain Landais' insubordination to John Paul Jones begin?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)