|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Poe call Longfellow?
(a) A shyster.
(b) A plagiarist.
(c) An ignoramus.
(d) A thief.
2. What does the narrator say was the place where Washington most liked to be?
(a) In the field with his troops.
(b) Exploring the frontier.
(d) In the capital.
3. Who does Lincoln say he owes everything he is or ever will be to?
(a) His devoted wife.
(b) His angel mother.
(c) His faithful housekeeper.
(d) His loving sister.
4. What characteristic drives Franklin's curiosity, according to one of the narrators of "Poor Richard"?
5. Why does Houston resign as Governor of Tennessee?
(a) He wants to move further to the West.
(b) He misses living with the Indians.
(c) His new wife leaves him after three months.
(d) He wants to join the Army.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of position is Jones' squadron in when the battle begins?
2. How does the narrator describe George Washington's character at the beginning of "George Washington"?
3. What famous ship does Williams say that a slave ship is the counterpart to?
4. Why does Williams say that it is "water from a spring" to talk to M?
5. How does Jones say he reacted to the damage incurred by the Bon Homme Richard?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)