|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What adjective does the narrator use to describe Boone's character?
2. Why does Williams feel that women especially appreciated Burr?
(a) Burr was well-educated and had a distinguished military record.
(b) Burr did not care about religion.
(c) Burr treated women with respect and wanted them to be free.
(d) Burr was extremely handsome and dashing.
3. Why does Williams think that Burr did not get along with Alexander Hamilton and Thomas Jefferson?
(a) They favored a stronger central government than he did.
(b) They campaigned against Burr when he ran for office.
(c) They did not approve of Burr's affairs with women.
(d) They had not gotten along since the first time they had met.
4. How does the narrator describe George Washington's character at the beginning of "George Washington"?
(a) He says that Washington was ambitious.
(b) He says that Washington was a good man.
(c) He says that Washington was corrupted by power.
(d) He says that Washington rarely told the truth.
5. What does Jacataqua ask Aaron Burr to do?
(a) Sleep with her.
(b) Hunt with her.
(c) Eat with her.
(d) Fight. with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Poe call Longfellow?
2. What does Williams say that Africans came enslaved from Africa for?
3. What does the narrator say was the place where Washington most liked to be?
4. How does Poe respond to Lowell's criticism of him in verse?
5. What state does Houston become Governor of, and later serve as a U.S. Senator from?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)