|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What quality does Williams admire in the woman who lives in the "ramshackle castle" by the railroad tracks?
(a) Her creativity.
(b) Her courage.
(c) Her musical ability.
(d) Her religious devotion.
2. Who does Lincoln say he owes everything he is or ever will be to?
(a) His angel mother.
(b) His faithful housekeeper.
(c) His devoted wife.
(d) His loving sister.
3. What does Williams say is the one thing that Americans fear more than anything else in the world?
4. Why does Williams feel that women especially appreciated Burr?
(a) Burr did not care about religion.
(b) Burr treated women with respect and wanted them to be free.
(c) Burr was well-educated and had a distinguished military record.
(d) Burr was extremely handsome and dashing.
5. What do Burr's critics say about him when he runs for office?
(a) He is secretly a Royalist.
(b) He is corrupt and would misuse power.
(c) He is frivolous and immoral.
(d) He does not have enough experience or education.
Short Answer Questions
1. What famous ship does Williams say that a slave ship is the counterpart to?
2. What event in Poe's life trapped him in his poetry?
3. What does Williams say that people of color excel at, more so than any white person?
4. Which of the following adjectives best describes the narrator's experience of Paris?
5. What does Williams say that many American crimes are caused by?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)