|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Edgar Allen Poe.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Champlain picks out the site for the city and the men start working, what new complication arises to delay the progress of the building?
(a) Four newspapers print the map of Champlain's route.
(b) Four of Champlain's men become sick and cannot work.
(c) Four conspirators are captured planning to assassinate Champlain.
(d) Four chiefs come to talk to Champlain about the location for his city.
2. Who is Thomas Morton?
(a) A colonist.
(b) A historian.
(c) A writer.
(d) A soldier.
3. How does the death of Juan Ortiz affect De Soto?
(a) It leaves him without a translator.
(b) It leaves him without a doctor.
(c) It leaves him without a single soldier who knows the way back.
(d) It makes him feel lonely and wish he had a friend.
4. What state does Houston become Governor of, and later serve as a U.S. Senator from?
(a) New Mexico.
5. What do Burr's critics say about him when he runs for office?
(a) He is secretly a Royalist.
(b) He does not have enough experience or education.
(c) He is corrupt and would misuse power.
(d) He is frivolous and immoral.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williams think was the motive of the person who told Ponce de Leon there was a fountain of youth?
2. Which statement shows that Gregory believes that most people revere history without understanding it?
3. How does Williams say that intense emotions affect our perceptions of things?
4. What does Williams say that many American crimes are caused by?
5. What is De Soto looking for?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)