|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Edgar Allen Poe.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Williams suggest that Ponce de Leon feels when he hears about Cortez and the wealth of Montezuma?
2. Which of the following is NOT a term used by the narrator to describe Queen Elizabeth?
(b) Fairy Queen.
3. What adjective does the narrator use to describe the Pilgrims' eagerness to share their beliefs?
4. Who does Cotton Mather say that New England belonged to before the New Englanders lived there?
(a) The French.
(b) The Devil.
(c) The Spanish.
(d) The Indians.
5. Why do the Puritans have such a strong impact on the national character, according to the narrator?
(a) Because they are among the first to arrive in a wild place.
(b) Because they are so dashing and heroic that everyone tells stories about them.
(c) Because they persuade everyone else to emulate them.
(d) Because they are so driven to evangelize to others.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following adjectives best describes the narrator's experience of Paris?
2. Who does the narrator say was the only American ever to see General Washington in a towering rage?
3. What happens to the girl Ponce de Leon gives a gold crucifix to?
4. Why does Williams say that it is "water from a spring" to talk to M?
5. What do Burr's critics say about him when he runs for office?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)