|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Edgar Allen Poe.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why isn't the French Conquest as severe as the Spanish one?
(a) The Spanish are much more gentle than the French.
(b) The Spanish want furs but the French want gold.
(c) The Spanish have many explorers to help but the French have only a couple.
(d) The Spanish massacre Indians but the French just marry local women.
2. What does Williams say that American families cheat their daughters out of by trying to frighten them into delaying the loss of their virginity?
3. Why is Ponce de Leon free to go exploring in Florida?
(a) He has already accomplished all that he came for.
(b) He is independently wealthy and can do as he pleases.
(c) He has been relieved of his job as Governor.
(d) He is not free to go, but goes anyway.
4. Does Columbus profit from his trips to the New World?
(a) No, but at least the voyages do not harm him financially.
(b) Yes, he is rewarded with all the gold he could ever want.
(c) No, he is left financially ruined and impoverished.
(d) Yes, he is able to sell many things that he took from the islands.
5. Who does Gregory say is depicted more boldly by Williams than by any other writer?
(a) Aaron Burr.
(b) George Washington.
(c) Abraham Lincoln.
(d) Cotton Mather.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Columbus on his return from his second voyage?
2. What does Cortez think when he enters the Aztec capital, Tenochtitlan?
3. What kind of woman is Freydis?
4. Who or what is Mabilla?
5. How does Jones feel about the battle?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)