|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Virtue of History Aaron Burr.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Queen Elizabeth call Raleigh back when he goes with the fleet to attack Spain?
(a) Because she is urgently in need of his advice.
(b) Because she has decided not to attack Spain.
(c) Because he has seduced one of her maids.
(d) Because she intends to send him to the Americas instead.
2. What happens when Montezuma asks his people not to fight back against the Spanish?
(a) He is hit on the head by a stone, which kills him.
(b) He frightens the Aztecs and they run away.
(c) He convinces the Aztecs to lay down their arms peacefully.
(d) He stirs the Aztecs to resist even more fiercely than before.
3. What is the overall tone of Williams' remarks about the Puritans?
4. When does De Soto plan to send word about his expedition to Maldonado?
(a) After he discovers a rich country.
(b) After he runs out of supplies.
(c) After he gets through the winter.
(d) After he has traveled back to Cuba.
5. Who does Gregory say is depicted more boldly by Williams than by any other writer?
(a) Abraham Lincoln.
(b) George Washington.
(c) Aaron Burr.
(d) Cotton Mather.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is De Soto looking for?
2. What does Williams think was the motive of the person who told Ponce de Leon there was a fountain of youth?
3. What incident "greatly annoys" Champlain and delays the construction of Quebec?
4. Where do De Soto and his men retreat to after the Indians burn their camp?
5. Why do the Puritans have such a strong impact on the national character, according to the narrator?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)