|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Virtue of History Aaron Burr.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator describe the descendants of the Puritans?
(a) As malfeasant ghosts.
(b) As beloved friends.
(c) As profane and lusty seamen.
(d) As a "race incapable of flower."
2. What happens to the girl Ponce de Leon gives a gold crucifix to?
(a) He finds her later working as a slave.
(b) His men capture her and steal the crucifix back.
(c) He accidentally kills her without knowing who she is.
(d) He finds her later under a bush with her hands cut off.
3. What does Jacataqua ask Aaron Burr to do?
(a) Sleep with her.
(b) Fight. with her.
(c) Eat with her.
(d) Hunt with her.
4. What reason does the narrator give for believing that Americans have trouble understanding their own national character?
(a) Americans do not have any character left, only emptiness.
(b) Americans do not like to admit that they have origins and a history.
(c) Americans only like to think about the future.
(d) Americans think that all Americans are Native Americans.
5. According to the narrator, which of the following is a logical outgrowth of the Puritan spirit?
(a) Creativity and genius.
(b) Inventiveness and resourcefulness.
(c) Democracy and collective responsibility.
(d) Know-nothingism and opportunism.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator describe the coastline of North America?
2. How does De Soto keep his men alive when the maize crop fails?
3. How does the narrator say that Puritans viewed the Indian?
4. Who is the narrator for the second half of "Poor Richard"?
5. Why isn't the French Conquest as severe as the Spanish one?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)