|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Virtue of History Aaron Burr.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Williams think was the motive of the person who told Ponce de Leon there was a fountain of youth?
(c) A desire to help.
2. What does Columbus do when he thinks the ship might capsize?
(a) He has a meeting of his crew and asks everyone to try his best.
(b) He curses the day he ever set out to find the New World.
(c) He prays that the ship will make it back to Spain.
(d) He puts a note in a cask and throws it into the sea.
3. Why does "she" say that De Soto's men are beginning to hate him?
(a) Because they are worried that they will never make it back to Spain.
(b) Because they are afraid that they will all be killed in battle.
(c) Because they have become infected with diseases and are experiencing epidemics.
(d) Because he has subjected them to many hardships and they have found no gold.
4. Who tells Ponce de Leon there is a fountain of youth?
(a) An old man.
(b) A child.
(c) One of his own men.
(d) An old woman.
5. What adjective does the narrator use to describe Boone's character?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the Puritans important, according to the narrator?
2. Why is De Soto uncertain whether he wants to meet Francisco Maldonado?
3. What kind of position is Jones' squadron in when the battle begins?
4. How does Williams say that intense emotions affect our perceptions of things?
5. Why do the Aztecs have two aqueducts?
This section contains 436 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)