|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Virtue of History Aaron Burr.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the narrator admire Pere Rasles?
(a) He converted many Puritans to Catholicism.
(b) He mapped the area where the Abnaki lived.
(c) He provided useful information to the English.
(d) He lived with the Abnaki Indians for 34 years.
2. Who tells Ponce de Leon there is a fountain of youth?
(a) An old woman.
(b) A child.
(c) An old man.
(d) One of his own men.
3. Who does the narrator say that the Puritans went on to persecute later?
(a) The Spanish.
(b) The Indians.
(c) The atheists.
(d) The Quakers.
4. What is the moral of the story about the lusty young man who fell overboard and was hauled back in?
(a) Tenacity and determination can save your life.
(b) It is good to have friends who can help you when you need it.
(c) It is important to pay attention so that you are not swept overboard.
(d) Faith and hope can see you through even tough times.
5. How does Ponce de Leon die?
(a) He is killed by an Indian arrow.
(b) He dies of disease.
(c) He is killed by his own men in a mutiny.
(d) He dies of old age.
Short Answer Questions
1. What pet is Ponce de Leon especially attached to?
2. What makes Daniel Boone different from other settlers, according to the narrator?
3. Who does Gregory say is depicted more boldly by Williams than by any other writer?
4. What does Columbus want to do instead of traveling to the New World again?
5. What incident "greatly annoys" Champlain and delays the construction of Quebec?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)