|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Virtue of History Aaron Burr.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when the Greenlanders fight with the people they meet in the New World?
(a) The Greenlanders are defeated by the people of the New World and flee in shame.
(b) Helgi and Finnbogi save Freydis' life, rescuing her just as their enemies in the New World were about to kill her.
(c) Eric the Red appears with a group of young Greenlander sailors, and the Greenlanders gain the advantage in the fight.
(d) The other Greenlanders begin to flee, but Freydis grabs a sword and fights so hard that she frightens their enemies into fleeing.
2. How does Williams say that intense emotions affect our perceptions of things?
(a) They make everything confusing.
(b) They make everything better.
(c) They make everything harder.
(d) They make everything larger.
3. What does Cotton Mather think about the gods of the Indian nations?
(a) He thinks that they are idols.
(b) He thinks that they are imaginary.
(c) He thinks that they are devils.
(d) He thinks that they are other gods.
4. How does Ponce de Leon die?
(a) He is killed by an Indian arrow.
(b) He is killed by his own men in a mutiny.
(c) He dies of disease.
(d) He dies of old age.
5. Why does Williams think that Burr did not get along with Alexander Hamilton and Thomas Jefferson?
(a) They favored a stronger central government than he did.
(b) They had not gotten along since the first time they had met.
(c) They campaigned against Burr when he ran for office.
(d) They did not approve of Burr's affairs with women.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Captain Landais' insubordination to John Paul Jones begin?
2. Who does the narrator say that the Puritans went on to persecute later?
3. After Champlain picks out the site for the city and the men start working, what new complication arises to delay the progress of the building?
4. What does Queen Elizabeth force Raleigh to do when she calls him back from the fleet's attack on Spain?
5. Who is Thomas Morton?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)