|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Virtue of History Aaron Burr.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Juan Ortiz?
(a) De Soto's brother who accompanied him on the expedition and on whom De Soto relied.
(b) A Spanish soldier separated from an earlier expedition who lived with the Indians for 12 years.
(c) De Soto's commanding officer, stationed in Cuba, to whom De Soto writes letters.
(d) The leader of the Indian community that helped De Soto and his men to survive the first winter.
2. What does Columbus want to do instead of traveling to the New World again?
(a) He wants to go on a pilgrimmage to holy places.
(b) He wants to visit his family members in Portugal.
(c) He wants to go on vacation to someplace warm and tropical.
(d) He wants to circumnavigate the globe.
3. Which chapter does Gregory say is in some ways the product of the era in which it was written?
(a) The chapter on Daniel Boone.
(b) The chapter on Cotton Mather.
(c) The chapter on Christopher Columbus.
(d) The chapter on John Paul Jones.
4. How does Freydis handle her quarrel with the two brothers, Helgi and Finnbogi?
(a) She goes to court against the brothers and sues them, winning her case and forcing them to pay a fine.
(b) She talks to her neighbors about the brothers, turning the community against them until they are forced into exile.
(c) She steals property from the brothers and refuses to give it back, claiming that it will compensate her for the quarrel.
(d) She tricks her husband into killing them, and kills the women of their household herself.
5. What happens when Raleigh returns to England after his son's death?
(a) He is sent away on another voyage.
(b) He is beheaded.
(c) He is knighted.
(d) He is stripped of his knighthood.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Franklin recommend against trying to make money in America through manufacturing?
2. How often does Montezuma change his clothes?
3. What does Williams say is the one thing that Americans fear more than anything else in the world?
4. Who is "beautiful as a cane box"?
5. What does Cotton Mather think about the gods of the Indian nations?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)