|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Virtue of History Aaron Burr.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the narrator say that the Puritans went on to persecute later?
(a) The atheists.
(b) The Indians.
(c) The Quakers.
(d) The Spanish.
2. Why is Ponce de Leon free to go exploring in Florida?
(a) He has already accomplished all that he came for.
(b) He is independently wealthy and can do as he pleases.
(c) He is not free to go, but goes anyway.
(d) He has been relieved of his job as Governor.
3. What virtue does the narrator say that Washington particularly valued in his troops?
(c) Hard work.
4. Who does Columbus write to while he is on his return voyage?
(a) His wife.
(b) His family members in Europe.
(c) The King and Queen of Spain.
(d) Friends who were left behind in the New World.
5. What happens to the barge that is towing John Paul Jones' ship?
(a) The barge catches fire in the battle.
(b) The barge sinks in a storm at sea.
(c) The barge is taken over by mutinous sailors.
(d) The bargemen cut the tow rope and steal the barge.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Indian envoys bring to De Soto and his men?
2. Why does "she" say that De Soto's men are beginning to hate him?
3. Who or what is Mabilla?
4. How does the narrator describe George Washington's character at the beginning of "George Washington"?
5. What does Columbus want to do instead of traveling to the New World again?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)