|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Virtue of History Aaron Burr.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Williams say that intense emotions affect our perceptions of things?
(a) They make everything harder.
(b) They make everything better.
(c) They make everything larger.
(d) They make everything confusing.
2. How does Jones feel about the battle?
(a) He says that it is exciting.
(b) He says that it is beautiful.
(c) He says that it is horrifying.
(d) He says that it is necessary.
3. Who is "beautiful as a cane box"?
(a) De Soto.
(b) The Tuscaloosa.
(c) The female narrator.
(d) The male narrator.
4. What is the moral of the story about the lusty young man who fell overboard and was hauled back in?
(a) Tenacity and determination can save your life.
(b) It is important to pay attention so that you are not swept overboard.
(c) Faith and hope can see you through even tough times.
(d) It is good to have friends who can help you when you need it.
5. Why is Ponce de Leon free to go exploring in Florida?
(a) He is not free to go, but goes anyway.
(b) He has already accomplished all that he came for.
(c) He is independently wealthy and can do as he pleases.
(d) He has been relieved of his job as Governor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What would Gregory be most likely to describe history as?
2. What kind of position is Jones' squadron in when the battle begins?
3. Why do the Puritans have such a strong impact on the national character, according to the narrator?
4. Why does Franklin recommend against trying to make money in America through manufacturing?
5. What happens to Columbus on his return from his second voyage?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)