|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Virtue of History Aaron Burr.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the narrator say that the Puritans went on to persecute later?
(a) The Quakers.
(b) The Indians.
(c) The atheists.
(d) The Spanish.
2. Based on the passage narrated by Eric the Red, which phrase do you think best describes Eric's character?
(a) Evil and malicious.
(b) Deeply religious.
(c) Rigid and formal.
(d) Good-natured and affectionate.
3. What event has distracted historians from telling the whole story about Burr?
(a) Shea's rebellion.
(b) The French and Indian War.
(c) The American Revolution.
(d) The duel with Alexander Hamilton.
4. Why does John Paul Jones write to Benjamin Franklin in "Battle Between the Bon Homme Richard and the Serapis"?
(a) To explain the outcome of a recent battle.
(b) To explain how ships could be better maintained so that they are more resistant to fires.
(c) To explain the circumstances leading up to the loss of a ship.
(d) To explain why he feels that naval policy should be changed.
5. What does Williams say that many American crimes are caused by?
(a) Passion and anger.
(b) Religious intolerance.
(c) Cultural hatred.
(d) Spiritual starvation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the narrator for the first part of "Poor Richard"?
2. Why does "she" say that De Soto's men are beginning to hate him?
3. What happens when Ponce de Leon and his men first land among the Caribs?
4. What happens when Thorgest tries to steal from Eric the Red?
5. Why does Columbus count fewer leagues than he knows he has traveled?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)