|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Virtue of History Aaron Burr.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jones feel about the battle?
(a) He says that it is necessary.
(b) He says that it is horrifying.
(c) He says that it is exciting.
(d) He says that it is beautiful.
2. What would Gregory be most likely to describe history as?
(a) A compendium of dates, data, and quotations.
(b) A story written only by the winners.
(c) A science in its own right.
(d) A tapestry of culture and stories.
3. Who does the narrator address "Sir Walter Raleigh" to?
(a) The reader.
(b) Sir Walter Raleigh.
(c) The Muse.
(d) Queen Elizabeth.
4. According to the narrator, which of the following is a logical outgrowth of the Puritan spirit?
(a) Democracy and collective responsibility.
(b) Inventiveness and resourcefulness.
(c) Creativity and genius.
(d) Know-nothingism and opportunism.
5. What incident "greatly annoys" Champlain and delays the construction of Quebec?
(a) A very severe series of thunderstorms.
(b) A disagreement among the settlers about where to locate the city.
(c) A battle with the Indians.
(d) A fur trade dispute with a Basque ship.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is De Soto uncertain whether he wants to meet Francisco Maldonado?
2. What is the overall tone of Williams' remarks about the Puritans?
3. What does the narrator say about the Puritan soul?
4. How does Freydis handle her quarrel with the two brothers, Helgi and Finnbogi?
5. Why do the Aztecs have two aqueducts?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)