|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Virtue of History Aaron Burr.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Champlain picks out the site for the city and the men start working, what new complication arises to delay the progress of the building?
(a) Four of Champlain's men become sick and cannot work.
(b) Four newspapers print the map of Champlain's route.
(c) Four conspirators are captured planning to assassinate Champlain.
(d) Four chiefs come to talk to Champlain about the location for his city.
2. How do many of the Indians react when the Spanish begin to enslave them?
(a) They try to negotiate for peace but cannot overcome the language barrier.
(b) They fight back so fiercely that it is impossible to enslave any of them.
(c) They go into the forest and hang themselves from the trees.
(d) They willingly accept enslavement in order not to be murdered.
3. Which of the following names does the narrator call Raleigh?
(a) The new King.
(b) Explorer of the Orinoco.
(c) The planter who never planted.
(d) James' man.
4. What kind of literature does Gregory say is forced to answer the question of whether or not it is sincere?
(a) English literature.
(b) Classical literature.
(c) Modern literature.
(d) American literature.
5. Which chapter does Gregory say is in some ways the product of the era in which it was written?
(a) The chapter on Daniel Boone.
(b) The chapter on Cotton Mather.
(c) The chapter on Christopher Columbus.
(d) The chapter on John Paul Jones.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following quotations reveals Williams' opinion of Cortez?
2. What does the "Poor Richard" narrator say is a common misconception that Europeans have about America?
3. How do the Spanish justify killing so many peaceful islanders?
4. Why are the Puritans important, according to the narrator?
5. Why is Ponce de Leon free to go exploring in Florida?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)