|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Virtue of History Aaron Burr.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Champlain advocates on behalf of building a colony, what is the one personal favor he asks of the King of France?
(a) A monopoly of the fur trade for three years.
(b) A priest and doctor who could live in the colony.
(c) A grant of supplies and men.
(d) A gift of firearms for defense and for trade.
2. What happens to Pere Rasles?
(a) He dies peacefully of old age.
(b) He is killed by the Abnaki.
(c) He is assassinated by the English.
(d) He is killed by enemies of the Abnaki.
3. What does Gregory mean when he says that "if anyone is looking for the secret of their good health and the freedom they exert within an individual speech and manner, it may be found in their determination to 'stay at home,' to accept the roots of their being and to grow slowly to their own maturity."
(a) Only staying at home can free you to travel elsewhere.
(b) To be truly free, you have to be true to yourself and your heritage.
(c) Freedom is based on ideas, not experiences.
(d) To be free you have to break apart from your background and upbringing.
4. Why does Williams think that Burr did not get along with Alexander Hamilton and Thomas Jefferson?
(a) They favored a stronger central government than he did.
(b) They did not approve of Burr's affairs with women.
(c) They had not gotten along since the first time they had met.
(d) They campaigned against Burr when he ran for office.
5. What does Williams say that Americans think they will lose if they were ever to serve another person?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Ponce de Leon free to go exploring in Florida?
2. What event has distracted historians from telling the whole story about Burr?
3. What does Columbus do when he thinks the ship might capsize?
4. What does the narrator say about the Puritan soul?
5. How does Williams suggest that Ponce de Leon feels when he hears about Cortez and the wealth of Montezuma?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)