|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Virtue of History Aaron Burr.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the girl Ponce de Leon gives a gold crucifix to?
(a) He accidentally kills her without knowing who she is.
(b) His men capture her and steal the crucifix back.
(c) He finds her later working as a slave.
(d) He finds her later under a bush with her hands cut off.
2. What warning does Williams give the reader about history at the beginning of "The Virtue of History"?
(a) History is often bound by prejudice.
(b) History is written by the victors.
(c) History never tells the truth.
(d) History never lies.
3. What does Columbus want to do instead of traveling to the New World again?
(a) He wants to go on vacation to someplace warm and tropical.
(b) He wants to go on a pilgrimmage to holy places.
(c) He wants to circumnavigate the globe.
(d) He wants to visit his family members in Portugal.
4. What does the narrator say about Washington's attitude toward the presidency?
(a) He craved power.
(b) He felt his terms of office were a failure.
(c) He felt it was his duty to serve.
(d) He regretted not having a Parliament.
5. Who tells Ponce de Leon there is a fountain of youth?
(a) A child.
(b) An old man.
(c) One of his own men.
(d) An old woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Cotton Mather say that New England belonged to before the New Englanders lived there?
2. What does Williams think was the motive of the person who told Ponce de Leon there was a fountain of youth?
3. What happens to Columbus when he finally makes it back to Spain?
4. What is the moral of the story about the rough sailor who falls sick, dies, and is thrown overboard?
5. What area does Boone discover, along with his brother, just before the American Revolution?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)