|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Virtue of History Aaron Burr.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Burr's critics say about him when he runs for office?
(a) He does not have enough experience or education.
(b) He is secretly a Royalist.
(c) He is frivolous and immoral.
(d) He is corrupt and would misuse power.
2. Why does Williams think that Burr did not get along with Alexander Hamilton and Thomas Jefferson?
(a) They favored a stronger central government than he did.
(b) They had not gotten along since the first time they had met.
(c) They did not approve of Burr's affairs with women.
(d) They campaigned against Burr when he ran for office.
3. What does Columbus do when he thinks the ship might capsize?
(a) He puts a note in a cask and throws it into the sea.
(b) He has a meeting of his crew and asks everyone to try his best.
(c) He curses the day he ever set out to find the New World.
(d) He prays that the ship will make it back to Spain.
4. What happens to Thomas Morton as a result of the Maypole celebration?
(a) He is kidnapped by the Indians.
(b) He is given an award by the colonists.
(c) He is shot in a fight.
(d) He is arrested and sent back to England.
5. What does Columbus think of the New World when he reaches it?
(a) He thinks that he would like to build a house and live there himself.
(b) He thinks it is the most beautiful place he has ever seen.
(c) He thinks that it is far too hot and humid for his taste.
(d) He thinks that it is too desolate to have any worthwhile resources.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williams say that American families cheat their daughters out of by trying to frighten them into delaying the loss of their virginity?
2. What does Williams say that Americans think they will lose if they were ever to serve another person?
3. What does the "Poor Richard" narrator say is a common misconception that Europeans have about America?
4. Why do the Puritans disapprove of Thomas Morton?
5. Williams, referring to the King's and Queen's promises to Columbus, remarks, "What power had such ridiculous little promises to stay a man against that terrific downpour on the brink of which they were all floating?". What promises is Williams referring to?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)