|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Virtue of History Aaron Burr.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say about the Puritan soul?
(a) It is small and empty.
(b) It is rich and nourishing.
(c) It is large and generous.
(d) It is kind and warmhearted.
2. Who tells Ponce de Leon there is a fountain of youth?
(a) An old woman.
(b) One of his own men.
(c) A child.
(d) An old man.
3. What does Williams say is the one thing that Americans fear more than anything else in the world?
4. What does the narrator admire about the Pilgrims?
(a) Their devotion to religion.
(b) Their respect for authority.
(c) Their fierceness and hard work.
(d) Their imagination and ingenuity.
5. Why do the Puritans disapprove of Thomas Morton?
(a) He barters guns and liquor to Indians.
(b) He does not pay his taxes.
(c) He is not married.
(d) He does not believe in God.
Short Answer Questions
1. Does Columbus profit from his trips to the New World?
2. When does De Soto plan to send word about his expedition to Maldonado?
3. What adjective does Williams use to describe Champlain?
4. What happens when Ponce de Leon and his men first land among the Caribs?
5. What happens to Cortez when the Aztecs counterattack from outside the city?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)