|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Virtue of History Aaron Burr.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of position is Jones' squadron in when the battle begins?
(a) Jones has fewer ships, but is in a better position geographically than the enemy is.
(b) Jones has 20 ships and is at a strong advantage.
(c) Jones has the same number of ships as the enemy.
(d) Jones has only three ships left and is at a severe disadvantage.
2. What author does Gregory say is never accused of being insincere?
(a) Alexander Hamilton.
(b) Benjamin Franklin.
(d) William Carlos Williams.
3. What is De Soto looking for?
(d) The Fountain of Youth
4. Why do the Puritans disapprove of Thomas Morton?
(a) He barters guns and liquor to Indians.
(b) He is not married.
(c) He does not believe in God.
(d) He does not pay his taxes.
5. Who does the narrator address "Sir Walter Raleigh" to?
(a) The reader.
(b) Queen Elizabeth.
(c) Sir Walter Raleigh.
(d) The Muse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who or what is Mabilla?
2. Why does Queen Elizabeth call Raleigh back when he goes with the fleet to attack Spain?
3. What characteristic does Boone have to have in order to live the kind of life that he lived?
4. What adjective does the narrator use to describe the Pilgrims' eagerness to share their beliefs?
5. When Champlain advocates on behalf of building a colony, what is the one personal favor he asks of the King of France?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)