|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Virtue of History Aaron Burr.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What adjective does the narrator use to describe the Pilgrims' eagerness to share their beliefs?
2. When does De Soto plan to send word about his expedition to Maldonado?
(a) After he gets through the winter.
(b) After he discovers a rich country.
(c) After he has traveled back to Cuba.
(d) After he runs out of supplies.
3. Who or what is Mabilla?
(a) The place Do Soto had heard of, called a "country toward the rising sun."
(b) The town where the Tuscaloosa attacked De Soto and his men.
(c) The river along which De Soto and his men were traveling.
(d) The woman who traveled with De Soto and translated for him.
4. What incident "greatly annoys" Champlain and delays the construction of Quebec?
(a) A disagreement among the settlers about where to locate the city.
(b) A fur trade dispute with a Basque ship.
(c) A very severe series of thunderstorms.
(d) A battle with the Indians.
5. What pet is Ponce de Leon especially attached to?
(a) A cat.
(b) A bird.
(c) A snake.
(d) A dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Franklin recommend against trying to make money in America through manufacturing?
2. What do bows and arrows, corn meal, and belief in a second life all have in common, according to the narrator of "Sir Walter Raleigh"?
3. What author does Gregory say is never accused of being insincere?
4. What happens to Columbus when he finally makes it back to Spain?
5. What does the following sentence mean? "Rather the ice than their way: to take what is mine by single strength, theirs by the crookedness of their law."
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)