|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Poor Richard Benjamin Franklin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does "she" say that De Soto's men are beginning to hate him?
(a) Because they are worried that they will never make it back to Spain.
(b) Because they have become infected with diseases and are experiencing epidemics.
(c) Because he has subjected them to many hardships and they have found no gold.
(d) Because they are afraid that they will all be killed in battle.
2. What causes the Puritan elders to finally get fed up with Thomas Morton?
(a) He decides to marry an Indian woman.
(b) He plans a big party with music and liquor.
(c) He starts a revolt against the authorities.
(d) He begins to trade guns with the Indians.
3. Where do De Soto and his men retreat to after the Indians burn their camp?
(b) Anhaica Apalachi.
4. What happens to Cortez when the Aztecs counterattack from outside the city?
(a) He and his men defeat them easily.
(b) He loses everything and has to flee with his men.
(c) He and his men win after a long battle.
(d) He is forced to negotiate a temporary treaty in order to escape with his life.
5. What moral weakness does the narrator comment on in Washington?
(a) His tendency to drink too much.
(b) His laziness.
(c) His refusal to free his slaves.
(d) His fondness for women.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ponce de Leon die?
2. What does Cotton Mather say is the cause of the degeneracy of the New England community?
3. How does the narrator describe the coastline of North America?
4. Why are the Puritans important, according to the narrator?
5. What happens when Montezuma asks his people not to fight back against the Spanish?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)