|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Poor Richard Benjamin Franklin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the narrator admire Pere Rasles?
(a) He converted many Puritans to Catholicism.
(b) He mapped the area where the Abnaki lived.
(c) He provided useful information to the English.
(d) He lived with the Abnaki Indians for 34 years.
2. What does the narrator say about Washington's attitude toward the presidency?
(a) He felt his terms of office were a failure.
(b) He regretted not having a Parliament.
(c) He craved power.
(d) He felt it was his duty to serve.
3. What is the moral of the story about the rough sailor who falls sick, dies, and is thrown overboard?
(a) Good hygiene was the key to survival on ships.
(b) The sea can hide any secret.
(c) What happens to the body is not important.
(d) God smites those who use profanity.
4. Which of the following is NOT a term used by the narrator to describe Queen Elizabeth?
(a) Fairy Queen.
5. What does the narrator say that the Puritans should be praised for?
(a) Their toughness.
(b) Their spirit.
(c) Their intelligence.
(d) Their warmth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which chapter does Gregory say is in some ways the product of the era in which it was written?
2. After Champlain picks out the site for the city and the men start working, what new complication arises to delay the progress of the building?
3. Does Columbus profit from his trips to the New World?
4. Why does Williams criticize historian A. C. Adams at the beginning of "The May-Pole at Merry Mount"?
5. Why is Ponce de Leon free to go exploring in Florida?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)