|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Poor Richard Benjamin Franklin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of literature does Gregory say is forced to answer the question of whether or not it is sincere?
(a) English literature.
(b) Modern literature.
(c) American literature.
(d) Classical literature.
2. Who is Thomas Morton?
(a) A colonist.
(b) A historian.
(c) A writer.
(d) A soldier.
3. Why does the narrator say that Raleigh is now in Hell?
(a) He sent his son on a mission that got him killed.
(b) He was an atheist.
(c) He broke Queen Elizabeth's heart.
(d) He had no regard for the safety of his colonists.
4. How does the narrator describe the coastline of North America?
(a) As a land rich in mineral resources.
(b) As a swamp-infested hell.
(c) As a land of plenty.
(d) As a wilderness full of savages.
5. What happens to Columbus on his return from his second voyage?
(a) He has to travel many miles out of his way because of a storm.
(b) He is forced to leave and sail to England instead.
(c) He is refused permission to land in Spain even though there was a terrible storm.
(d) He is forced to turn back and sail to the New World again.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say about the Puritan soul?
2. How does the narrator describe George Washington's character at the beginning of "George Washington"?
3. How do many of the Indians react when the Spanish begin to enslave them?
4. Why does the narrator admire Pere Rasles?
5. Where does Eric the Red go to start over?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)