|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Poor Richard Benjamin Franklin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What characteristic does Boone have to have in order to live the kind of life that he lived?
(a) Drive to develop land for investment purposes.
(b) An appreciation for solitude.
(c) Desire to earn money.
(d) Lack of concern for his own safety.
2. Where does De Soto begin his journey into the North American mainland?
3. What happens to Columbus when he finally makes it back to Spain?
(a) He is accused of making a deal with the King of Portugal.
(b) He loses his religious faith and decides to leave the Church.
(c) The King and Queen refuse to finance any future trips to the New World.
(d) Storms make it impossible to set sail again for several months.
4. What is Williams trying to tell the reader about Columbus when he quotes details about how harrowing the storms at sea during Columbus' voyages were?
(a) Columbus' courage.
(b) Columbus' foolhardiness.
(c) Columbus' good judgment.
(d) Columbus' literary skill.
5. What title does the narrator give Raleigh?
(a) The Breath of the Queen.
(b) The Sword of the Queen.
(c) The Heart of the Queen.
(d) The Hand of the Queen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes the Puritan elders to finally get fed up with Thomas Morton?
2. How can Boone's attitude toward Indians best be described?
3. What does Gregory think that In the American Grain is meant to do for the American national identity?
4. Which of the following adjectives best describes the narrator's experience of Paris?
5. Who is the narrator for the first part of "Poor Richard"?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)