|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Poor Richard Benjamin Franklin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Freydis handle her quarrel with the two brothers, Helgi and Finnbogi?
(a) She tricks her husband into killing them, and kills the women of their household herself.
(b) She steals property from the brothers and refuses to give it back, claiming that it will compensate her for the quarrel.
(c) She goes to court against the brothers and sues them, winning her case and forcing them to pay a fine.
(d) She talks to her neighbors about the brothers, turning the community against them until they are forced into exile.
2. What do Indian envoys bring to De Soto and his men?
(a) Live pigs, horses, and dogs.
(b) Berries, animal skins, and meat.
(c) Handmade tools, sewing needles and tents.
(d) Gold, silver, and pearls.
3. What people do Karlsefni and Snorri find in the New World?
(a) The Skrellings.
(b) The Inuit.
(c) The Iroquois.
(d) The Abenaki.
4. What is the outcome of Freydis' actions?
(a) Freydis is tried in criminal court and jailed for her actions.
(b) Freydis' family is always thought to be evil after that.
(c) Freydis is exiled from her community like Eric the Red.
(d) Freydis becomes a politician and the leader of her community.
5. Who is the narrator for the first part of "Poor Richard"?
(a) An average American.
(b) William Carlos Williams.
(c) An American Indian.
(d) Benjamin Franklin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Eric the Red go to start over?
2. Why does Columbus count fewer leagues than he knows he has traveled?
3. Which of the following is one of the goals, listed by Cotton Mather, that the Puritans have in mind when they found their colonies?
4. What does Montezuma tell Cortez?
5. What does Eric the Red say that his life is like now that he has been exiled?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)