|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Poor Richard Benjamin Franklin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator describe the descendants of the Puritans?
(a) As profane and lusty seamen.
(b) As malfeasant ghosts.
(c) As a "race incapable of flower."
(d) As beloved friends.
2. Who does Columbus write to while he is on his return voyage?
(a) Friends who were left behind in the New World.
(b) The King and Queen of Spain.
(c) His wife.
(d) His family members in Europe.
3. What happens to Pere Rasles?
(a) He is killed by enemies of the Abnaki.
(b) He is killed by the Abnaki.
(c) He is assassinated by the English.
(d) He dies peacefully of old age.
4. Which of the following statements shows that Eric the Red has accepted his fate?
(a) "One or the other of us had to die, under the natural circumstance."
(b) "This is my portion. I do not call it not to my liking. Hardship lives in me."
(c) "Eric the Red is a marked man, beyond the law, so it would seem..."
(d) "...this is what they say: Eric, son of evil, come and be forgiven."
5. When Champlain advocates on behalf of building a colony, what is the one personal favor he asks of the King of France?
(a) A gift of firearms for defense and for trade.
(b) A monopoly of the fur trade for three years.
(c) A grant of supplies and men.
(d) A priest and doctor who could live in the colony.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator say that Puritans viewed the Indian?
2. What area does Boone discover, along with his brother, just before the American Revolution?
3. How does the narrator describe the coastline of North America?
4. What kind of woman is Freydis?
5. Who is the narrator for the second half of "Poor Richard"?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)