|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Poor Richard Benjamin Franklin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gregory say about the way in which the reputation of In the American Grain grew?
(a) It became more popular after Williams died.
(b) It became more popular when it was published in a magazine.
(c) It became more popular as it was falling out of print.
(d) It became more popular when it was marketed more aggressively.
2. What kind of literature does Gregory say is forced to answer the question of whether or not it is sincere?
(a) American literature.
(b) English literature.
(c) Classical literature.
(d) Modern literature.
3. Who is Freydis?
(a) Eric the Red's sister.
(b) Eric the Red's daughter.
(c) Eric the Red's wife.
(d) Eric the Red's lover.
4. What are Bridget Bishop and Susanna Martin indicted for?
5. What characteristic does Boone have to have in order to live the kind of life that he lived?
(a) Lack of concern for his own safety.
(b) An appreciation for solitude.
(c) Desire to earn money.
(d) Drive to develop land for investment purposes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does De Soto keep his men alive when the maize crop fails?
2. When does De Soto plan to send word about his expedition to Maldonado?
3. Why do the Puritans disapprove of Thomas Morton?
4. How often does Montezuma change his clothes?
5. How do the Spanish justify killing so many peaceful islanders?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)