|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Poor Richard Benjamin Franklin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much time does Samuel de Champlain spend in North America before he is permitted to establish a French colony?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Three years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Fifteen years.
2. How does Williams suggest that Ponce de Leon feels when he hears about Cortez and the wealth of Montezuma?
3. Why do Ponce de Leon and his men travel north?
(a) To find the fountain of youth.
(b) To find gold.
(c) To find new land for Spain.
(d) To find food and water.
4. Based on the passage narrated by Eric the Red, which phrase do you think best describes Eric's character?
(a) Deeply religious.
(b) Rigid and formal.
(c) Good-natured and affectionate.
(d) Evil and malicious.
5. What causes the Puritan elders to finally get fed up with Thomas Morton?
(a) He starts a revolt against the authorities.
(b) He begins to trade guns with the Indians.
(c) He plans a big party with music and liquor.
(d) He decides to marry an Indian woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say that the Puritans should be praised for?
2. Why does the narrator say that Raleigh is now in Hell?
3. What happens to Thomas Morton as a result of the Maypole celebration?
4. Which of the following quotations reveals Williams' opinion of Cortez?
5. What happens to the girl Ponce de Leon gives a gold crucifix to?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)