|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Poor Richard Benjamin Franklin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Bridget Bishop and Susanna Martin indicted for?
2. Why do the Puritans disapprove of Thomas Morton?
(a) He does not pay his taxes.
(b) He does not believe in God.
(c) He is not married.
(d) He barters guns and liquor to Indians.
3. What does Gregory say about the way in which the reputation of In the American Grain grew?
(a) It became more popular as it was falling out of print.
(b) It became more popular when it was published in a magazine.
(c) It became more popular after Williams died.
(d) It became more popular when it was marketed more aggressively.
4. What does Montezuma do when Cortez enters the capital?
(a) He forces Cortez to accept Aztec authority.
(b) He negotiates a peace treaty that makes him equal to Cortez.
(c) He makes Cortez the monarch.
(d) He fights against Cortez and dies.
5. Why do Ponce de Leon and his men travel north?
(a) To find gold.
(b) To find the fountain of youth.
(c) To find food and water.
(d) To find new land for Spain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the "Poor Richard" narrator say is a common misconception that Europeans have about America?
2. Who does Columbus write to while he is on his return voyage?
3. Who is the only person in America who can live a life of leisure, like a gentleman, according to an early American saying that Franklin mentions?
4. Why do the Puritans have such a strong impact on the national character, according to the narrator?
5. When does De Soto plan to send word about his expedition to Maldonado?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)