|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Poor Richard Benjamin Franklin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cortez think when he enters the Aztec capital, Tenochtitlan?
(a) He mentally calculates the number of slaves that could be captured.
(b) He looks upon it as an impoverished village.
(c) He thinks it is wonderful and magnificent.
(d) He wonders where the gold is.
2. Why is Ponce de Leon free to go exploring in Florida?
(a) He has already accomplished all that he came for.
(b) He is independently wealthy and can do as he pleases.
(c) He has been relieved of his job as Governor.
(d) He is not free to go, but goes anyway.
3. What happens to Columbus when he finally makes it back to Spain?
(a) He loses his religious faith and decides to leave the Church.
(b) He is accused of making a deal with the King of Portugal.
(c) Storms make it impossible to set sail again for several months.
(d) The King and Queen refuse to finance any future trips to the New World.
4. What does Queen Elizabeth force Raleigh to do when she calls him back from the fleet's attack on Spain?
(a) Become a diplomat.
(b) Join the crew of a ship heading to the Americas.
(c) Marry one of her maids.
(d) Travel to Africa.
5. What does the narrator say that the Puritans should be praised for?
(a) Their warmth.
(b) Their spirit.
(c) Their toughness.
(d) Their intelligence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is De Soto looking for?
2. How does De Soto keep his men alive when the maize crop fails?
3. Who or what is Mabilla?
4. What does Columbus do when he thinks the ship might capsize?
5. What pet is Ponce de Leon especially attached to?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)