|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Poor Richard Benjamin Franklin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator describe the descendants of the Puritans?
(a) As a "race incapable of flower."
(b) As malfeasant ghosts.
(c) As beloved friends.
(d) As profane and lusty seamen.
2. What does the narrator's interlocutor, Valyry Larbaud, admire about the Puritans?
(a) Their resourcefulness.
(b) Their firm vigor.
(c) Their tolerance of other religions.
(d) Their intellectual ability.
3. When does De Soto plan to send word about his expedition to Maldonado?
(a) After he discovers a rich country.
(b) After he gets through the winter.
(c) After he runs out of supplies.
(d) After he has traveled back to Cuba.
4. Who does Cotton Mather say that New England belonged to before the New Englanders lived there?
(a) The Indians.
(b) The French.
(c) The Devil.
(d) The Spanish.
5. What is De Soto looking for?
(c) The Fountain of Youth
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator describe the coastline of North America?
2. What happens when Ponce de Leon and his men first land among the Caribs?
3. What does Columbus want to do instead of traveling to the New World again?
4. What happens when Raleigh returns to England after his son's death?
5. What title does the narrator give Raleigh?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)