|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Poor Richard Benjamin Franklin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Ponce de Leon's pilot previously work for?
(a) Ponce de Leon's brother.
(b) Columbus and Cortez.
(d) The King and Queen of Spain.
2. What virtue does the narrator say that Washington particularly valued in his troops?
(d) Hard work.
3. What happens when Bridget Bishop attempts to plead not guilty?
(a) She is convicted of gross lying in the court.
(b) She is allowed to speak on her own behalf.
(c) She is tortured until she confesses.
(d) She is denied the chance to hear the witnesses against her.
4. What does Montezuma do when Cortez enters the capital?
(a) He negotiates a peace treaty that makes him equal to Cortez.
(b) He makes Cortez the monarch.
(c) He fights against Cortez and dies.
(d) He forces Cortez to accept Aztec authority.
5. When Columbus finally lands in Spain after his second voyage, what happens to him?
(a) He is welcomed but told that the sovereigns cannot afford to pay for another voyage.
(b) He is arrested, and everything he owns is taken away and sold, even the clothing he wore.
(c) He is celebrated and paraded through the streets as a returning hero.
(d) He is attacked by mobs of people who do not approve of his travels to the New World.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Columbus write to while he is on his return voyage?
2. How much time does Samuel de Champlain spend in North America before he is permitted to establish a French colony?
3. What happens to Columbus on his return from his second voyage?
4. Which of the following adjectives best describes the narrator's experience of Paris?
5. Which of the following quotations reveals Williams' opinion of Cortez?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)