|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The May-Pole at Merry Mount.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What adjective does Williams use to describe Champlain?
2. Why does the narrator say that Raleigh is now in Hell?
(a) He was an atheist.
(b) He sent his son on a mission that got him killed.
(c) He had no regard for the safety of his colonists.
(d) He broke Queen Elizabeth's heart.
3. Who did Ponce de Leon's pilot previously work for?
(a) Columbus and Cortez.
(b) Ponce de Leon's brother.
(c) The King and Queen of Spain.
4. What does Queen Elizabeth force Raleigh to do when she calls him back from the fleet's attack on Spain?
(a) Travel to Africa.
(b) Become a diplomat.
(c) Marry one of her maids.
(d) Join the crew of a ship heading to the Americas.
5. Which of the following is NOT a term used by the narrator to describe Queen Elizabeth?
(d) Fairy Queen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What explanation does the narrator give for the Puritans' lack of imagination?
2. How does De Soto keep his men alive when the maize crop fails?
3. What people do Karlsefni and Snorri find in the New World?
4. What is the overall tone of Williams' remarks about the Puritans?
5. What does the narrator say about the Puritan soul?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)