|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The May-Pole at Merry Mount.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Columbus write to while he is on his return voyage?
(a) The King and Queen of Spain.
(b) His family members in Europe.
(c) His wife.
(d) Friends who were left behind in the New World.
2. What adjective does Williams use to describe Champlain?
3. When Columbus finally lands in Spain after his second voyage, what happens to him?
(a) He is attacked by mobs of people who do not approve of his travels to the New World.
(b) He is arrested, and everything he owns is taken away and sold, even the clothing he wore.
(c) He is celebrated and paraded through the streets as a returning hero.
(d) He is welcomed but told that the sovereigns cannot afford to pay for another voyage.
4. What do Indian envoys bring to De Soto and his men?
(a) Gold, silver, and pearls.
(b) Live pigs, horses, and dogs.
(c) Handmade tools, sewing needles and tents.
(d) Berries, animal skins, and meat.
5. Where does Eric the Red go to start over?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Montezuma asks his people not to fight back against the Spanish?
2. What happens to Columbus when he finally makes it back to Spain?
3. Who did Ponce de Leon's pilot previously work for?
4. How do many of the Indians react when the Spanish begin to enslave them?
5. What does the following sentence mean? "Rather the ice than their way: to take what is mine by single strength, theirs by the crookedness of their law."
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)