|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Voyage of the Mayflower.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the narrator, which of the following is a logical outgrowth of the Puritan spirit?
(a) Democracy and collective responsibility.
(b) Know-nothingism and opportunism.
(c) Inventiveness and resourcefulness.
(d) Creativity and genius.
2. What is Tenochtitlan like?
(a) It is a fortress located high in the mountains, remote and impenetrable.
(b) It is a small town surrounded by stone walls, with a large castle in the middle.
(c) It is a tiny village. The people living there are starving to death, and can offer no resistance to the Spanish.
(d) It is a masterpiece of engineering; clean, with wide roads and canals, and full of beautiful gardens and markets.
3. What does Eric the Red say that his life is like now that he has been exiled?
(a) People try to kill him when they see him.
(b) He is lonely and despondent.
(c) He is more well-admired than ever before.
(d) People can steal from him at will.
4. Which of the following names does the narrator call Raleigh?
(a) James' man.
(b) The planter who never planted.
(c) Explorer of the Orinoco.
(d) The new King.
5. What author does Gregory say is never accused of being insincere?
(b) Benjamin Franklin.
(c) Alexander Hamilton.
(d) William Carlos Williams.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Montezuma asks his people not to fight back against the Spanish?
2. Who or what is Mabilla?
3. How does the narrator describe the descendants of the Puritans?
4. Why does "she" say that De Soto's men are beginning to hate him?
5. Who does Gregory say is depicted more boldly by Williams than by any other writer?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)