|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Voyage of the Mayflower.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What author does Gregory say is never accused of being insincere?
(a) William Carlos Williams.
(b) Alexander Hamilton.
(c) Benjamin Franklin.
2. What kind of literature does Gregory say is forced to answer the question of whether or not it is sincere?
(a) English literature.
(b) Modern literature.
(c) American literature.
(d) Classical literature.
3. What happens when Raleigh returns to England after his son's death?
(a) He is stripped of his knighthood.
(b) He is beheaded.
(c) He is knighted.
(d) He is sent away on another voyage.
4. Where do De Soto and his men retreat to after the Indians burn their camp?
(a) Anhaica Apalachi.
5. What pet is Ponce de Leon especially attached to?
(a) A bird.
(b) A snake.
(c) A dog.
(d) A cat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Tenochtitlan like?
2. How does De Soto keep his men alive when the maize crop fails?
3. What is the outcome of Freydis' actions?
4. What does Williams think was the motive of the person who told Ponce de Leon there was a fountain of youth?
5. Why does "she" say that De Soto's men are beginning to hate him?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)