|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Voyage of the Mayflower.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Montezuma asks his people not to fight back against the Spanish?
(a) He stirs the Aztecs to resist even more fiercely than before.
(b) He is hit on the head by a stone, which kills him.
(c) He frightens the Aztecs and they run away.
(d) He convinces the Aztecs to lay down their arms peacefully.
2. What happens when Raleigh returns to England after his son's death?
(a) He is beheaded.
(b) He is knighted.
(c) He is sent away on another voyage.
(d) He is stripped of his knighthood.
3. Why is De Soto uncertain whether he wants to meet Francisco Maldonado?
(a) He thinks that Maldonado might get credit for De Soto's accomplishments.
(b) He does not get along with Maldonado.
(c) He thinks he might be forced to offer Maldonado some help.
(d) He fears that Maldonado would antagonize the Indians.
4. What does Gregory think that In the American Grain is meant to do for the American national identity?
(a) Mock it.
(b) Criticize it.
(c) Celebrate it.
(d) Shape it.
5. Who does Columbus write to while he is on his return voyage?
(a) His family members in Europe.
(b) The King and Queen of Spain.
(c) His wife.
(d) Friends who were left behind in the New World.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Ponce de Leon and his men first land among the Caribs?
2. What title does the narrator give Raleigh?
3. Who does the narrator address "Sir Walter Raleigh" to?
4. How does the narrator describe the coastline of North America?
5. What do bows and arrows, corn meal, and belief in a second life all have in common, according to the narrator of "Sir Walter Raleigh"?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)