|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Voyage of the Mayflower.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Columbus write to while he is on his return voyage?
(a) His wife.
(b) The King and Queen of Spain.
(c) His family members in Europe.
(d) Friends who were left behind in the New World.
2. Which of the following is NOT a term used by the narrator to describe Queen Elizabeth?
(c) Fairy Queen.
3. What does Queen Elizabeth force Raleigh to do when she calls him back from the fleet's attack on Spain?
(a) Marry one of her maids.
(b) Travel to Africa.
(c) Become a diplomat.
(d) Join the crew of a ship heading to the Americas.
4. Why do Ponce de Leon and his men travel north?
(a) To find food and water.
(b) To find gold.
(c) To find the fountain of youth.
(d) To find new land for Spain.
5. What is the outcome of Freydis' actions?
(a) Freydis' family is always thought to be evil after that.
(b) Freydis is exiled from her community like Eric the Red.
(c) Freydis becomes a politician and the leader of her community.
(d) Freydis is tried in criminal court and jailed for her actions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Tenochtitlan like?
2. What is the moral of the story about the lusty young man who fell overboard and was hauled back in?
3. What does Columbus want to do instead of traveling to the New World again?
4. What pet is Ponce de Leon especially attached to?
5. How often does Montezuma change his clothes?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)