|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Voyage of the Mayflower.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does Columbus profit from his trips to the New World?
(a) No, he is left financially ruined and impoverished.
(b) No, but at least the voyages do not harm him financially.
(c) Yes, he is able to sell many things that he took from the islands.
(d) Yes, he is rewarded with all the gold he could ever want.
2. Who did Ponce de Leon's pilot previously work for?
(a) Columbus and Cortez.
(b) The King and Queen of Spain.
(d) Ponce de Leon's brother.
3. What do Indian envoys bring to De Soto and his men?
(a) Handmade tools, sewing needles and tents.
(b) Live pigs, horses, and dogs.
(c) Gold, silver, and pearls.
(d) Berries, animal skins, and meat.
4. How does Ponce de Leon die?
(a) He dies of disease.
(b) He dies of old age.
(c) He is killed by an Indian arrow.
(d) He is killed by his own men in a mutiny.
5. Where does Eric the Red go to start over?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following names does the narrator call Raleigh?
2. Why do the Puritans have such a strong impact on the national character, according to the narrator?
3. What does Queen Elizabeth force Raleigh to do when she calls him back from the fleet's attack on Spain?
4. What author does Gregory say is never accused of being insincere?
5. Why does Queen Elizabeth call Raleigh back when he goes with the fleet to attack Spain?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)