|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Voyage of the Mayflower.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do De Soto and his men retreat to after the Indians burn their camp?
(d) Anhaica Apalachi.
2. Why do the Aztecs have two aqueducts?
(a) So that enough water can be provided for the needs of the emperor and his entourage.
(b) So that one can be used while the other is being cleaned.
(c) So that one can supply one half of the city, and the other can supply the other half.
(d) So that one can be used to carry water out, and the other to carry water in.
3. What does Columbus want to do instead of traveling to the New World again?
(a) He wants to circumnavigate the globe.
(b) He wants to go on vacation to someplace warm and tropical.
(c) He wants to go on a pilgrimmage to holy places.
(d) He wants to visit his family members in Portugal.
4. How does the death of Juan Ortiz affect De Soto?
(a) It leaves him without a translator.
(b) It leaves him without a doctor.
(c) It leaves him without a single soldier who knows the way back.
(d) It makes him feel lonely and wish he had a friend.
5. What is Tenochtitlan like?
(a) It is a tiny village. The people living there are starving to death, and can offer no resistance to the Spanish.
(b) It is a small town surrounded by stone walls, with a large castle in the middle.
(c) It is a fortress located high in the mountains, remote and impenetrable.
(d) It is a masterpiece of engineering; clean, with wide roads and canals, and full of beautiful gardens and markets.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the Spanish justify killing so many peaceful islanders?
2. What is Williams trying to tell the reader about Columbus when he quotes details about how harrowing the storms at sea during Columbus' voyages were?
3. Does Columbus profit from his trips to the New World?
4. What happens when Raleigh returns to England after his son's death?
5. What author does Gregory say is never accused of being insincere?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)