|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through DeSoto and the New World.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do De Soto and his men retreat to after the Indians burn their camp?
(b) Anhaica Apalachi.
2. What does Williams think was the motive of the person who told Ponce de Leon there was a fountain of youth?
(b) A desire to help.
3. What happens to Columbus when he finally makes it back to Spain?
(a) He loses his religious faith and decides to leave the Church.
(b) He is accused of making a deal with the King of Portugal.
(c) Storms make it impossible to set sail again for several months.
(d) The King and Queen refuse to finance any future trips to the New World.
4. Does Columbus profit from his trips to the New World?
(a) Yes, he is rewarded with all the gold he could ever want.
(b) No, but at least the voyages do not harm him financially.
(c) No, he is left financially ruined and impoverished.
(d) Yes, he is able to sell many things that he took from the islands.
5. Who or what is Mabilla?
(a) The river along which De Soto and his men were traveling.
(b) The town where the Tuscaloosa attacked De Soto and his men.
(c) The place Do Soto had heard of, called a "country toward the rising sun."
(d) The woman who traveled with De Soto and translated for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the following sentence mean? "Rather the ice than their way: to take what is mine by single strength, theirs by the crookedness of their law."
2. Which statement shows that Gregory believes that most people revere history without understanding it?
3. How do many of the Indians react when the Spanish begin to enslave them?
4. Why does Cortez finally burn the city?
5. How does Montezuma treat hungry people in the capital?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)