|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Destruction of Tenochtitlan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following statements shows that Eric the Red has accepted his fate?
(a) "Eric the Red is a marked man, beyond the law, so it would seem..."
(b) "This is my portion. I do not call it not to my liking. Hardship lives in me."
(c) "...this is what they say: Eric, son of evil, come and be forgiven."
(d) "One or the other of us had to die, under the natural circumstance."
2. What kind of literature does Gregory say is forced to answer the question of whether or not it is sincere?
(a) Classical literature.
(b) American literature.
(c) English literature.
(d) Modern literature.
3. In his conclusion, what word does Gregory use to characterize Williams' prose?
4. What does Columbus want to do instead of traveling to the New World again?
(a) He wants to go on vacation to someplace warm and tropical.
(b) He wants to go on a pilgrimmage to holy places.
(c) He wants to visit his family members in Portugal.
(d) He wants to circumnavigate the globe.
5. How does Montezuma treat hungry people in the capital?
(a) He offers food to anyone who is willing to do some work.
(b) He refuses to feed the hungry, demanding instead that they pay tribute to him.
(c) He gives everyone who comes into the city a small ration of food.
(d) He opens his larder to all who wish to eat and drink.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Freydis?
2. Which of the following quotations reveals Williams' opinion of Cortez?
3. How does Freydis handle her quarrel with the two brothers, Helgi and Finnbogi?
4. Does Columbus profit from his trips to the New World?
5. What kind of woman is Freydis?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)