|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Destruction of Tenochtitlan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Montezuma treat hungry people in the capital?
(a) He opens his larder to all who wish to eat and drink.
(b) He offers food to anyone who is willing to do some work.
(c) He refuses to feed the hungry, demanding instead that they pay tribute to him.
(d) He gives everyone who comes into the city a small ration of food.
2. Where does Eric the Red go to start over?
3. Does Columbus profit from his trips to the New World?
(a) No, but at least the voyages do not harm him financially.
(b) Yes, he is rewarded with all the gold he could ever want.
(c) No, he is left financially ruined and impoverished.
(d) Yes, he is able to sell many things that he took from the islands.
4. What happens to Columbus when he finally makes it back to Spain?
(a) He is accused of making a deal with the King of Portugal.
(b) He loses his religious faith and decides to leave the Church.
(c) Storms make it impossible to set sail again for several months.
(d) The King and Queen refuse to finance any future trips to the New World.
5. Who does Columbus write to while he is on his return voyage?
(a) Friends who were left behind in the New World.
(b) The King and Queen of Spain.
(c) His family members in Europe.
(d) His wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Columbus count fewer leagues than he knows he has traveled?
2. Why does Cortez finally burn the city?
3. What does Cortez think when he enters the Aztec capital, Tenochtitlan?
4. What does the following sentence mean? "Rather the ice than their way: to take what is mine by single strength, theirs by the crookedness of their law."
5. Which statement shows that Gregory believes that most people revere history without understanding it?
This section contains 554 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)