|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Destruction of Tenochtitlan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Thorgest tries to steal from Eric the Red?
(a) Eric the Red decides to steal from Thorgest in return, on his way into exile.
(b) Eric the Red removes his property, and in the ensuing chase, two of Thorgest's sons are killed.
(c) Eric the Red tries to remove his property, but Eric the Red's two sons are killed in the melee.
(d) Eric the Red has to give in and let Thorgest take his property.
2. What does Eric the Red say that his life is like now that he has been exiled?
(a) He is lonely and despondent.
(b) People can steal from him at will.
(c) People try to kill him when they see him.
(d) He is more well-admired than ever before.
3. When Columbus finally lands in Spain after his second voyage, what happens to him?
(a) He is celebrated and paraded through the streets as a returning hero.
(b) He is attacked by mobs of people who do not approve of his travels to the New World.
(c) He is welcomed but told that the sovereigns cannot afford to pay for another voyage.
(d) He is arrested, and everything he owns is taken away and sold, even the clothing he wore.
4. What author does Gregory say is never accused of being insincere?
(b) Alexander Hamilton.
(c) William Carlos Williams.
(d) Benjamin Franklin.
5. Who does Gregory say is depicted more boldly by Williams than by any other writer?
(a) Aaron Burr.
(b) Abraham Lincoln.
(c) George Washington.
(d) Cotton Mather.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Freydis handle her quarrel with the two brothers, Helgi and Finnbogi?
2. How does Montezuma treat hungry people in the capital?
3. Which of the following quotations reveals Williams' opinion of Cortez?
4. Which of the following statements shows that Eric the Red has accepted his fate?
5. Who is Freydis?
This section contains 534 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)