|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Destruction of Tenochtitlan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of literature does Gregory say is forced to answer the question of whether or not it is sincere?
(a) Modern literature.
(b) Classical literature.
(c) American literature.
(d) English literature.
2. Who does Gregory say is depicted more boldly by Williams than by any other writer?
(a) Cotton Mather.
(b) Abraham Lincoln.
(c) George Washington.
(d) Aaron Burr.
3. What happens to Cortez when the Aztecs counterattack from outside the city?
(a) He is forced to negotiate a temporary treaty in order to escape with his life.
(b) He loses everything and has to flee with his men.
(c) He and his men defeat them easily.
(d) He and his men win after a long battle.
4. Who does Columbus write to while he is on his return voyage?
(a) Friends who were left behind in the New World.
(b) The King and Queen of Spain.
(c) His wife.
(d) His family members in Europe.
5. Which chapter does Gregory say is in some ways the product of the era in which it was written?
(a) The chapter on Cotton Mather.
(b) The chapter on Daniel Boone.
(c) The chapter on John Paul Jones.
(d) The chapter on Christopher Columbus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of woman is Freydis?
2. When Columbus finally lands in Spain after his second voyage, what happens to him?
3. Where does Eric the Red go to start over?
4. Based on the passage narrated by Eric the Red, which phrase do you think best describes Eric's character?
5. What is Tenochtitlan like?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)