|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Destruction of Tenochtitlan.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Cortez when the Aztecs counterattack from outside the city?
(a) He loses everything and has to flee with his men.
(b) He and his men defeat them easily.
(c) He is forced to negotiate a temporary treaty in order to escape with his life.
(d) He and his men win after a long battle.
2. Does Columbus profit from his trips to the New World?
(a) Yes, he is rewarded with all the gold he could ever want.
(b) No, but at least the voyages do not harm him financially.
(c) No, he is left financially ruined and impoverished.
(d) Yes, he is able to sell many things that he took from the islands.
3. Where does Eric the Red go to start over?
4. What does Columbus want to do instead of traveling to the New World again?
(a) He wants to visit his family members in Portugal.
(b) He wants to circumnavigate the globe.
(c) He wants to go on vacation to someplace warm and tropical.
(d) He wants to go on a pilgrimmage to holy places.
5. In his conclusion, what word does Gregory use to characterize Williams' prose?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of woman is Freydis?
2. Why does Cortez finally burn the city?
3. How does Montezuma try to get Cortez to stay on the coast and not enter the interior?
4. Which chapter does Gregory say is in some ways the product of the era in which it was written?
5. What would Gregory be most likely to describe history as?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)