Eight Week Quiz F
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Virtue of History Aaron Burr.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Columbus want to do instead of traveling to the New World again?
(a) He wants to circumnavigate the globe.
(b) He wants to go on vacation to someplace warm and tropical.
(c) He wants to visit his family members in Portugal.
(d) He wants to go on a pilgrimmage to holy places.
2. What moral weakness does the narrator comment on in Washington?
(a) His refusal to free his slaves.
(b) His tendency to drink too much.
(c) His fondness for women.
(d) His laziness.
3. What warning does Williams give the reader about history at the beginning of "The Virtue of History"?
(a) History never lies.
(b) History never tells the truth.
(c) History is written by the victors.
(d) History is often bound by prejudice.
4. Who or what is Mabilla?
(a) The river along which De Soto and his men were traveling.
(b) The place Do Soto had heard of, called a "country toward the rising sun."
(c) The town where the Tuscaloosa attacked De Soto and his men.
(d) The woman who traveled with De Soto and translated for him.
5. What does Gregory say about the way in which the reputation of In the American Grain grew?
(a) It became more popular when it was published in a magazine.
(b) It became more popular after Williams died.
(c) It became more popular as it was falling out of print.
(d) It became more popular when it was marketed more aggressively.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the narrator say that Raleigh is now in Hell?
2. Why does Williams feel that women especially appreciated Burr?
3. Who does Columbus write to while he is on his return voyage?
4. What does Jacataqua ask Aaron Burr to do?
5. According to the narrator, which of the following is a logical outgrowth of the Puritan spirit?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)