Eight Week Quiz D
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The May-Pole at Merry Mount.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the outcome of Freydis' actions?
(a) Freydis becomes a politician and the leader of her community.
(b) Freydis' family is always thought to be evil after that.
(c) Freydis is exiled from her community like Eric the Red.
(d) Freydis is tried in criminal court and jailed for her actions.
2. What does the narrator say about the Puritan soul?
(a) It is large and generous.
(b) It is rich and nourishing.
(c) It is small and empty.
(d) It is kind and warmhearted.
3. Who is Thomas Morton?
(a) A writer.
(b) A soldier.
(c) A colonist.
(d) A historian.
4. What happens when Montezuma asks his people not to fight back against the Spanish?
(a) He stirs the Aztecs to resist even more fiercely than before.
(b) He convinces the Aztecs to lay down their arms peacefully.
(c) He frightens the Aztecs and they run away.
(d) He is hit on the head by a stone, which kills him.
5. What would Gregory be most likely to describe history as?
(a) A compendium of dates, data, and quotations.
(b) A tapestry of culture and stories.
(c) A story written only by the winners.
(d) A science in its own right.
Short Answer Questions
1. What pet is Ponce de Leon especially attached to?
2. Who does the narrator say that the Puritans went on to persecute later?
3. Which of the following statements shows that Eric the Red has accepted his fate?
4. Why isn't the French Conquest as severe as the Spanish one?
5. What is De Soto looking for?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)