|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Advent of the Slaves.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does Columbus profit from his trips to the New World?
(a) Yes, he is able to sell many things that he took from the islands.
(b) No, but at least the voyages do not harm him financially.
(c) No, he is left financially ruined and impoverished.
(d) Yes, he is rewarded with all the gold he could ever want.
2. What does William Carlos Williams say is the most important thing to remember about people who are descended from Africans who were brought to the Americas in slavery?
(a) They speak many different languages.
(b) They bring a certain quality to America with them.
(c) They have managed to thrive despite adversity.
(d) They were forced to endure inhumane conditions at sea.
3. What happens to Thomas Morton as a result of the Maypole celebration?
(a) He is kidnapped by the Indians.
(b) He is shot in a fight.
(c) He is given an award by the colonists.
(d) He is arrested and sent back to England.
4. What happens when Thorgest tries to steal from Eric the Red?
(a) Eric the Red has to give in and let Thorgest take his property.
(b) Eric the Red tries to remove his property, but Eric the Red's two sons are killed in the melee.
(c) Eric the Red decides to steal from Thorgest in return, on his way into exile.
(d) Eric the Red removes his property, and in the ensuing chase, two of Thorgest's sons are killed.
5. Who does Cotton Mather say that New England belonged to before the New Englanders lived there?
(a) The Indians.
(b) The French.
(c) The Devil.
(d) The Spanish.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say about the Puritan soul?
2. How much time does Samuel de Champlain spend in North America before he is permitted to establish a French colony?
3. What event has distracted historians from telling the whole story about Burr?
4. What characteristic does Boone have to have in order to live the kind of life that he lived?
5. What prevents Raleigh from going to the Virginia colonies?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)