|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Advent of the Slaves.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Montezuma do when Cortez enters the capital?
(a) He makes Cortez the monarch.
(b) He forces Cortez to accept Aztec authority.
(c) He fights against Cortez and dies.
(d) He negotiates a peace treaty that makes him equal to Cortez.
2. What people do Karlsefni and Snorri find in the New World?
(a) The Abenaki.
(b) The Skrellings.
(c) The Inuit.
(d) The Iroquois.
3. Who does the narrator say was the only American ever to see General Washington in a towering rage?
(a) Thomas Jefferson.
(b) General Lee.
(c) Benjamin Franklin.
(d) Aaron Burr.
4. Why does the narrator say that Raleigh is now in Hell?
(a) He was an atheist.
(b) He broke Queen Elizabeth's heart.
(c) He had no regard for the safety of his colonists.
(d) He sent his son on a mission that got him killed.
5. Why do the Aztecs have two aqueducts?
(a) So that one can be used while the other is being cleaned.
(b) So that one can be used to carry water out, and the other to carry water in.
(c) So that enough water can be provided for the needs of the emperor and his entourage.
(d) So that one can supply one half of the city, and the other can supply the other half.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is one of the goals, listed by Cotton Mather, that the Puritans have in mind when they found their colonies?
2. What kind of woman is Freydis?
3. What do bows and arrows, corn meal, and belief in a second life all have in common, according to the narrator of "Sir Walter Raleigh"?
4. Why isn't the French Conquest as severe as the Spanish one?
5. Who did Ponce de Leon's pilot previously work for?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)