|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Advent of the Slaves.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Montezuma asks his people not to fight back against the Spanish?
(a) He is hit on the head by a stone, which kills him.
(b) He frightens the Aztecs and they run away.
(c) He stirs the Aztecs to resist even more fiercely than before.
(d) He convinces the Aztecs to lay down their arms peacefully.
2. What famous ship does Williams say that a slave ship is the counterpart to?
(a) The Santa Maria.
(b) The Serapis.
(c) The Bon Homme Richard.
(d) The Mayflower.
3. What does Columbus want to do instead of traveling to the New World again?
(a) He wants to visit his family members in Portugal.
(b) He wants to circumnavigate the globe.
(c) He wants to go on a pilgrimmage to holy places.
(d) He wants to go on vacation to someplace warm and tropical.
4. How does Jones say he reacted to the damage incurred by the Bon Homme Richard?
(a) He had the ship sunk on purpose because it was no longer able to sail.
(b) He immediately evacuated all his men and supplies off the ship.
(c) He made a few repairs and then decided to abandon ship.
(d) He tried his best to keep the ship afloat long enough to bring it into port.
5. What does Cotton Mather think about the gods of the Indian nations?
(a) He thinks that they are idols.
(b) He thinks that they are imaginary.
(c) He thinks that they are other gods.
(d) He thinks that they are devils.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator describe the coastline of North America?
2. Who does Columbus write to while he is on his return voyage?
3. What happens when Bridget Bishop attempts to plead not guilty?
4. What is the moral of the story about the rough sailor who falls sick, dies, and is thrown overboard?
5. What causes the Puritan elders to finally get fed up with Thomas Morton?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)