|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Advent of the Slaves.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say that the Puritans should be praised for?
(a) Their warmth.
(b) Their spirit.
(c) Their toughness.
(d) Their intelligence.
2. What moral weakness does the narrator comment on in Washington?
(a) His fondness for women.
(b) His tendency to drink too much.
(c) His laziness.
(d) His refusal to free his slaves.
3. Why do the Puritans disapprove of Thomas Morton?
(a) He barters guns and liquor to Indians.
(b) He is not married.
(c) He does not believe in God.
(d) He does not pay his taxes.
4. How does the narrator describe the descendants of the Puritans?
(a) As malfeasant ghosts.
(b) As a "race incapable of flower."
(c) As beloved friends.
(d) As profane and lusty seamen.
5. How can Boone's attitude toward Indians best be described?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Thomas Morton as a result of the Maypole celebration?
2. What happens when Ponce de Leon and his men first land among the Caribs?
3. According to the narrator, which of the following is a logical outgrowth of the Puritan spirit?
4. Who does the narrator address "Sir Walter Raleigh" to?
5. What is Tenochtitlan like?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)