|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Advent of the Slaves.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Ponce de Leon and his men travel north?
(a) To find gold.
(b) To find food and water.
(c) To find new land for Spain.
(d) To find the fountain of youth.
2. How does Williams suggest that Ponce de Leon feels when he hears about Cortez and the wealth of Montezuma?
3. Why does John Paul Jones write to Benjamin Franklin in "Battle Between the Bon Homme Richard and the Serapis"?
(a) To explain the outcome of a recent battle.
(b) To explain how ships could be better maintained so that they are more resistant to fires.
(c) To explain the circumstances leading up to the loss of a ship.
(d) To explain why he feels that naval policy should be changed.
4. What title does the narrator give Raleigh?
(a) The Breath of the Queen.
(b) The Heart of the Queen.
(c) The Sword of the Queen.
(d) The Hand of the Queen.
5. What does Eric the Red say that his life is like now that he has been exiled?
(a) People try to kill him when they see him.
(b) People can steal from him at will.
(c) He is more well-admired than ever before.
(d) He is lonely and despondent.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator describe the coastline of North America?
2. What happens when Montezuma asks his people not to fight back against the Spanish?
3. Why isn't the French Conquest as severe as the Spanish one?
4. How can Boone's attitude toward Indians best be described?
5. What do Burr's critics say about him when he runs for office?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)