|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Advent of the Slaves.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How can Boone's attitude toward Indians best be described?
2. What adjective does the narrator use to describe Boone's character?
3. Who is the only person in America who can live a life of leisure, like a gentleman, according to an early American saying that Franklin mentions?
(a) A child.
(b) A housewife.
(c) The President.
(d) A hog.
4. When Columbus finally lands in Spain after his second voyage, what happens to him?
(a) He is attacked by mobs of people who do not approve of his travels to the New World.
(b) He is welcomed but told that the sovereigns cannot afford to pay for another voyage.
(c) He is arrested, and everything he owns is taken away and sold, even the clothing he wore.
(d) He is celebrated and paraded through the streets as a returning hero.
5. What is Williams trying to tell the reader about Columbus when he quotes details about how harrowing the storms at sea during Columbus' voyages were?
(a) Columbus' literary skill.
(b) Columbus' good judgment.
(c) Columbus' courage.
(d) Columbus' foolhardiness.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Montezuma try to get Cortez to stay on the coast and not enter the interior?
2. How does the narrator describe the descendants of the Puritans?
3. What title does the narrator give Raleigh?
4. What does Montezuma tell Cortez?
5. Who does the narrator say was the only American ever to see General Washington in a towering rage?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)