|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sir Walter Raleigh.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What people do Karlsefni and Snorri find in the New World?
(a) The Abenaki.
(b) The Iroquois.
(c) The Inuit.
(d) The Skrellings.
2. What kind of woman is Freydis?
3. What prevents Raleigh from going to the Virginia colonies?
(a) The death of his son.
(b) His own death.
(c) The death of the queen.
(d) The death of his wife.
4. How do the Spanish justify killing so many peaceful islanders?
(a) They insist that God told them to do it.
(b) They call the killings self-defense.
(c) They say it is necessary to kill people to take the land for Spain.
(d) They claim that Indians had no souls.
5. Why does the narrator say that Raleigh is now in Hell?
(a) He had no regard for the safety of his colonists.
(b) He was an atheist.
(c) He sent his son on a mission that got him killed.
(d) He broke Queen Elizabeth's heart.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following names does the narrator call Raleigh?
2. What happens to Columbus when he finally makes it back to Spain?
3. Who tells Ponce de Leon there is a fountain of youth?
4. Which of the following quotations reveals Williams' opinion of Cortez?
5. What does the following sentence mean? "Rather the ice than their way: to take what is mine by single strength, theirs by the crookedness of their law."
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)