|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sir Walter Raleigh.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the outcome of Freydis' actions?
(a) Freydis is exiled from her community like Eric the Red.
(b) Freydis' family is always thought to be evil after that.
(c) Freydis is tried in criminal court and jailed for her actions.
(d) Freydis becomes a politician and the leader of her community.
2. Why does the narrator say that Raleigh is now in Hell?
(a) He was an atheist.
(b) He sent his son on a mission that got him killed.
(c) He had no regard for the safety of his colonists.
(d) He broke Queen Elizabeth's heart.
3. How do the Spanish justify killing so many peaceful islanders?
(a) They claim that Indians had no souls.
(b) They insist that God told them to do it.
(c) They say it is necessary to kill people to take the land for Spain.
(d) They call the killings self-defense.
4. When Columbus finally lands in Spain after his second voyage, what happens to him?
(a) He is attacked by mobs of people who do not approve of his travels to the New World.
(b) He is welcomed but told that the sovereigns cannot afford to pay for another voyage.
(c) He is arrested, and everything he owns is taken away and sold, even the clothing he wore.
(d) He is celebrated and paraded through the streets as a returning hero.
5. Who does Columbus write to while he is on his return voyage?
(a) His family members in Europe.
(b) His wife.
(c) Friends who were left behind in the New World.
(d) The King and Queen of Spain.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williams think was the motive of the person who told Ponce de Leon there was a fountain of youth?
2. Which of the following quotations reveals Williams' opinion of Cortez?
3. How do many of the Indians react when the Spanish begin to enslave them?
4. How does Montezuma treat hungry people in the capital?
5. How often does Montezuma change his clothes?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)