|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sir Walter Raleigh.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How often does Montezuma change his clothes?
(a) Four times a day.
(b) Four times a month.
(c) Four times a year.
(d) Four times a week.
2. What is Tenochtitlan like?
(a) It is a tiny village. The people living there are starving to death, and can offer no resistance to the Spanish.
(b) It is a small town surrounded by stone walls, with a large castle in the middle.
(c) It is a masterpiece of engineering; clean, with wide roads and canals, and full of beautiful gardens and markets.
(d) It is a fortress located high in the mountains, remote and impenetrable.
3. What happens when Raleigh returns to England after his son's death?
(a) He is beheaded.
(b) He is stripped of his knighthood.
(c) He is knighted.
(d) He is sent away on another voyage.
4. How does Freydis handle her quarrel with the two brothers, Helgi and Finnbogi?
(a) She steals property from the brothers and refuses to give it back, claiming that it will compensate her for the quarrel.
(b) She talks to her neighbors about the brothers, turning the community against them until they are forced into exile.
(c) She goes to court against the brothers and sues them, winning her case and forcing them to pay a fine.
(d) She tricks her husband into killing them, and kills the women of their household herself.
5. What pet is Ponce de Leon especially attached to?
(a) A cat.
(b) A snake.
(c) A bird.
(d) A dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Columbus write to while he is on his return voyage?
2. Why do Ponce de Leon and his men travel north?
3. Why does the narrator say that Raleigh is now in Hell?
4. What happens when Ponce de Leon and his men first land among the Caribs?
5. What does Columbus want to do instead of traveling to the New World again?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)