|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sir Walter Raleigh.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How often does Montezuma change his clothes?
(a) Four times a year.
(b) Four times a day.
(c) Four times a week.
(d) Four times a month.
2. What do bows and arrows, corn meal, and belief in a second life all have in common, according to the narrator of "Sir Walter Raleigh"?
(a) They are invented by all peoples.
(b) They are found in all villages.
(c) They are necessary to colonization.
(d) They are things all people can do without.
3. How does Montezuma try to get Cortez to stay on the coast and not enter the interior?
(a) He sends poisoned food.
(b) He sends a threatening letter.
(c) He sends gifts to Cortez.
(d) He sends troops to attack.
4. What does Williams think was the motive of the person who told Ponce de Leon there was a fountain of youth?
(d) A desire to help.
5. What pet is Ponce de Leon especially attached to?
(a) A snake.
(b) A dog.
(c) A bird.
(d) A cat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Ponce de Leon free to go exploring in Florida?
2. What happens to the girl Ponce de Leon gives a gold crucifix to?
3. Who did Ponce de Leon's pilot previously work for?
4. Why do the Aztecs have two aqueducts?
5. How does the narrator describe the coastline of North America?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)