|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sir Walter Raleigh.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Montezuma treat hungry people in the capital?
(a) He offers food to anyone who is willing to do some work.
(b) He opens his larder to all who wish to eat and drink.
(c) He refuses to feed the hungry, demanding instead that they pay tribute to him.
(d) He gives everyone who comes into the city a small ration of food.
2. Who does the narrator address "Sir Walter Raleigh" to?
(a) Sir Walter Raleigh.
(b) Queen Elizabeth.
(c) The Muse.
(d) The reader.
3. What happens to the girl Ponce de Leon gives a gold crucifix to?
(a) He finds her later working as a slave.
(b) He accidentally kills her without knowing who she is.
(c) He finds her later under a bush with her hands cut off.
(d) His men capture her and steal the crucifix back.
4. What happens when Montezuma asks his people not to fight back against the Spanish?
(a) He stirs the Aztecs to resist even more fiercely than before.
(b) He frightens the Aztecs and they run away.
(c) He is hit on the head by a stone, which kills him.
(d) He convinces the Aztecs to lay down their arms peacefully.
5. What kind of woman is Freydis?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the narrator say that Raleigh is now in Hell?
2. What happens to Cortez when the Aztecs counterattack from outside the city?
3. Who did Ponce de Leon's pilot previously work for?
4. Which of the following is NOT a term used by the narrator to describe Queen Elizabeth?
5. How does Williams suggest that Ponce de Leon feels when he hears about Cortez and the wealth of Montezuma?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)