|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sir Walter Raleigh.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of woman is Freydis?
2. Which of the following is NOT a term used by the narrator to describe Queen Elizabeth?
(b) Fairy Queen.
3. How do many of the Indians react when the Spanish begin to enslave them?
(a) They try to negotiate for peace but cannot overcome the language barrier.
(b) They fight back so fiercely that it is impossible to enslave any of them.
(c) They willingly accept enslavement in order not to be murdered.
(d) They go into the forest and hang themselves from the trees.
4. Who is Freydis?
(a) Eric the Red's daughter.
(b) Eric the Red's wife.
(c) Eric the Red's sister.
(d) Eric the Red's lover.
5. What happens when Montezuma asks his people not to fight back against the Spanish?
(a) He convinces the Aztecs to lay down their arms peacefully.
(b) He frightens the Aztecs and they run away.
(c) He is hit on the head by a stone, which kills him.
(d) He stirs the Aztecs to resist even more fiercely than before.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Tenochtitlan like?
2. How often does Montezuma change his clothes?
3. What happens when Ponce de Leon and his men first land among the Caribs?
4. Who tells Ponce de Leon there is a fountain of youth?
5. What does Williams think was the motive of the person who told Ponce de Leon there was a fountain of youth?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)