|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sir Walter Raleigh.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What title does the narrator give Raleigh?
(a) The Heart of the Queen.
(b) The Sword of the Queen.
(c) The Hand of the Queen.
(d) The Breath of the Queen.
2. How do the Spanish justify killing so many peaceful islanders?
(a) They claim that Indians had no souls.
(b) They insist that God told them to do it.
(c) They call the killings self-defense.
(d) They say it is necessary to kill people to take the land for Spain.
3. Who did Ponce de Leon's pilot previously work for?
(a) Ponce de Leon's brother.
(b) The King and Queen of Spain.
(c) Columbus and Cortez.
4. What happens when the Greenlanders fight with the people they meet in the New World?
(a) The other Greenlanders begin to flee, but Freydis grabs a sword and fights so hard that she frightens their enemies into fleeing.
(b) The Greenlanders are defeated by the people of the New World and flee in shame.
(c) Helgi and Finnbogi save Freydis' life, rescuing her just as their enemies in the New World were about to kill her.
(d) Eric the Red appears with a group of young Greenlander sailors, and the Greenlanders gain the advantage in the fight.
5. How does the narrator describe the coastline of North America?
(a) As a land rich in mineral resources.
(b) As a wilderness full of savages.
(c) As a land of plenty.
(d) As a swamp-infested hell.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Montezuma asks his people not to fight back against the Spanish?
2. What kind of woman is Freydis?
3. Who is Freydis?
4. What happens to Cortez when the Aztecs counterattack from outside the city?
5. What does Montezuma do when Cortez enters the capital?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)