|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sir Walter Raleigh.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a term used by the narrator to describe Queen Elizabeth?
(b) Fairy Queen.
2. Why does Columbus count fewer leagues than he knows he has traveled?
(a) He is trying to reassure the crew that they have not traveled as far without seeing land as they think they have.
(b) He is trying to test a new system of measurement to see which is most accurate.
(c) He is trying to trick the King and Queen by giving them false information in his letters.
(d) He is trying to check his navigational instruments to be sure that they are working properly.
3. What does Columbus do when he thinks the ship might capsize?
(a) He curses the day he ever set out to find the New World.
(b) He prays that the ship will make it back to Spain.
(c) He puts a note in a cask and throws it into the sea.
(d) He has a meeting of his crew and asks everyone to try his best.
4. Who tells Ponce de Leon there is a fountain of youth?
(a) An old man.
(b) One of his own men.
(c) A child.
(d) An old woman.
5. What happens to Cortez when the Aztecs counterattack from outside the city?
(a) He and his men defeat them easily.
(b) He and his men win after a long battle.
(c) He is forced to negotiate a temporary treaty in order to escape with his life.
(d) He loses everything and has to flee with his men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when the Greenlanders fight with the people they meet in the New World?
2. What happens when Ponce de Leon and his men first land among the Caribs?
3. What does Eric the Red say that his life is like now that he has been exiled?
4. What is the outcome of Freydis' actions?
5. What does Montezuma do when Cortez enters the capital?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)