|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sir Walter Raleigh.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Queen Elizabeth force Raleigh to do when she calls him back from the fleet's attack on Spain?
(a) Join the crew of a ship heading to the Americas.
(b) Become a diplomat.
(c) Travel to Africa.
(d) Marry one of her maids.
2. What happens when Raleigh returns to England after his son's death?
(a) He is knighted.
(b) He is sent away on another voyage.
(c) He is beheaded.
(d) He is stripped of his knighthood.
3. Why do Ponce de Leon and his men travel north?
(a) To find the fountain of youth.
(b) To find gold.
(c) To find new land for Spain.
(d) To find food and water.
4. What does Columbus do when he thinks the ship might capsize?
(a) He prays that the ship will make it back to Spain.
(b) He puts a note in a cask and throws it into the sea.
(c) He curses the day he ever set out to find the New World.
(d) He has a meeting of his crew and asks everyone to try his best.
5. Who is Freydis?
(a) Eric the Red's wife.
(b) Eric the Red's lover.
(c) Eric the Red's sister.
(d) Eric the Red's daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do many of the Indians react when the Spanish begin to enslave them?
2. What happens to the girl Ponce de Leon gives a gold crucifix to?
3. Which of the following names does the narrator call Raleigh?
4. Why does the narrator say that Raleigh is now in Hell?
5. What do bows and arrows, corn meal, and belief in a second life all have in common, according to the narrator of "Sir Walter Raleigh"?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)