|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sir Walter Raleigh.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Montezuma asks his people not to fight back against the Spanish?
(a) He is hit on the head by a stone, which kills him.
(b) He stirs the Aztecs to resist even more fiercely than before.
(c) He frightens the Aztecs and they run away.
(d) He convinces the Aztecs to lay down their arms peacefully.
2. What kind of woman is Freydis?
3. What title does the narrator give Raleigh?
(a) The Sword of the Queen.
(b) The Heart of the Queen.
(c) The Hand of the Queen.
(d) The Breath of the Queen.
4. What is Tenochtitlan like?
(a) It is a fortress located high in the mountains, remote and impenetrable.
(b) It is a small town surrounded by stone walls, with a large castle in the middle.
(c) It is a tiny village. The people living there are starving to death, and can offer no resistance to the Spanish.
(d) It is a masterpiece of engineering; clean, with wide roads and canals, and full of beautiful gardens and markets.
5. How does Williams suggest that Ponce de Leon feels when he hears about Cortez and the wealth of Montezuma?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Columbus finally lands in Spain after his second voyage, what happens to him?
2. Why does Cortez finally burn the city?
3. What does the narrator say that Queen Elizabeth did not trust Raleigh enough to let him do?
4. Why does Columbus count fewer leagues than he knows he has traveled?
5. What is the outcome of Freydis' actions?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)