|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sir Walter Raleigh.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of woman is Freydis?
2. What happens when the Greenlanders fight with the people they meet in the New World?
(a) Eric the Red appears with a group of young Greenlander sailors, and the Greenlanders gain the advantage in the fight.
(b) The Greenlanders are defeated by the people of the New World and flee in shame.
(c) The other Greenlanders begin to flee, but Freydis grabs a sword and fights so hard that she frightens their enemies into fleeing.
(d) Helgi and Finnbogi save Freydis' life, rescuing her just as their enemies in the New World were about to kill her.
3. What title does the narrator give Raleigh?
(a) The Sword of the Queen.
(b) The Heart of the Queen.
(c) The Hand of the Queen.
(d) The Breath of the Queen.
4. How does the narrator describe the coastline of North America?
(a) As a swamp-infested hell.
(b) As a land of plenty.
(c) As a wilderness full of savages.
(d) As a land rich in mineral resources.
5. Why does Queen Elizabeth call Raleigh back when he goes with the fleet to attack Spain?
(a) Because she has decided not to attack Spain.
(b) Because she intends to send him to the Americas instead.
(c) Because he has seduced one of her maids.
(d) Because she is urgently in need of his advice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Raleigh returns to England after his son's death?
2. What happens when Thorgest tries to steal from Eric the Red?
3. Who is Freydis?
4. Where does Eric the Red go to start over?
5. Why does the narrator say that Raleigh is now in Hell?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)