|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sir Walter Raleigh.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Montezuma try to get Cortez to stay on the coast and not enter the interior?
(a) He sends troops to attack.
(b) He sends a threatening letter.
(c) He sends poisoned food.
(d) He sends gifts to Cortez.
2. What happens to Columbus on his return from his second voyage?
(a) He is refused permission to land in Spain even though there was a terrible storm.
(b) He is forced to leave and sail to England instead.
(c) He has to travel many miles out of his way because of a storm.
(d) He is forced to turn back and sail to the New World again.
3. Which of the following is NOT a term used by the narrator to describe Queen Elizabeth?
(a) Fairy Queen.
4. What does the following sentence mean? "Rather the ice than their way: to take what is mine by single strength, theirs by the crookedness of their law."
(a) Eric the Red feels remorseful about the murder he committed and willingly accepts punishment.
(b) Eric the Red considers his unjust exile to be more honorable than staying in Iceland.
(c) Eric the Red prefers places that are cold and icy.
(d) Eric the Red has chosen to leave Iceland of his own accord.
5. What happens to the girl Ponce de Leon gives a gold crucifix to?
(a) He finds her later working as a slave.
(b) He finds her later under a bush with her hands cut off.
(c) He accidentally kills her without knowing who she is.
(d) His men capture her and steal the crucifix back.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Raleigh returns to England after his son's death?
2. What happens when the Greenlanders fight with the people they meet in the New World?
3. Why is Ponce de Leon free to go exploring in Florida?
4. What does Columbus do when he thinks the ship might capsize?
5. Who tells Ponce de Leon there is a fountain of youth?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)