Four Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sir Walter Raleigh.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Columbus write to while he is on his return voyage?
(a) Friends who were left behind in the New World.
(b) His wife.
(c) His family members in Europe.
(d) The King and Queen of Spain.
2. How does Ponce de Leon die?
(a) He is killed by his own men in a mutiny.
(b) He dies of old age.
(c) He dies of disease.
(d) He is killed by an Indian arrow.
3. What kind of woman is Freydis?
4. What does Columbus think of the New World when he reaches it?
(a) He thinks it is the most beautiful place he has ever seen.
(b) He thinks that it is far too hot and humid for his taste.
(c) He thinks that he would like to build a house and live there himself.
(d) He thinks that it is too desolate to have any worthwhile resources.
5. What does Eric the Red say that his life is like now that he has been exiled?
(a) People try to kill him when they see him.
(b) He is more well-admired than ever before.
(c) People can steal from him at will.
(d) He is lonely and despondent.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Montezuma treat hungry people in the capital?
2. What does Montezuma do when Cortez enters the capital?
3. What happens when the Greenlanders fight with the people they meet in the New World?
4. What does Queen Elizabeth force Raleigh to do when she calls him back from the fleet's attack on Spain?
5. What happens when Montezuma asks his people not to fight back against the Spanish?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)