|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Discovery of Kentucky.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What adjective does the narrator use to describe the Pilgrims' eagerness to share their beliefs?
2. What does Columbus do when he thinks the ship might capsize?
(a) He curses the day he ever set out to find the New World.
(b) He has a meeting of his crew and asks everyone to try his best.
(c) He prays that the ship will make it back to Spain.
(d) He puts a note in a cask and throws it into the sea.
3. Why is Ponce de Leon free to go exploring in Florida?
(a) He is not free to go, but goes anyway.
(b) He has already accomplished all that he came for.
(c) He has been relieved of his job as Governor.
(d) He is independently wealthy and can do as he pleases.
4. Who is Thomas Morton?
(a) A writer.
(b) A colonist.
(c) A soldier.
(d) A historian.
5. What makes Daniel Boone different from other settlers, according to the narrator?
(a) He is not afraid to go west into the wilderness.
(b) He started new communities wherever he went.
(c) He is at war with the Indians he met.
(d) He does not consider himself an American citizen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What explanation does the narrator give for the Puritans' lack of imagination?
2. What happens when Ponce de Leon and his men first land among the Caribs?
3. How does Ponce de Leon die?
4. What does the narrator admire about the Pilgrims?
5. According to the narrator, what was Boone's emotional state when he lived alone in the wilderness for three months?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)