|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Discovery of Kentucky.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the overall tone of Williams' remarks about the Puritans?
2. Why do the Puritans disapprove of Thomas Morton?
(a) He is not married.
(b) He does not believe in God.
(c) He barters guns and liquor to Indians.
(d) He does not pay his taxes.
3. What does Columbus want to do instead of traveling to the New World again?
(a) He wants to circumnavigate the globe.
(b) He wants to visit his family members in Portugal.
(c) He wants to go on vacation to someplace warm and tropical.
(d) He wants to go on a pilgrimmage to holy places.
4. How does Williams suggest that Ponce de Leon feels when he hears about Cortez and the wealth of Montezuma?
5. How do many of the Indians react when the Spanish begin to enslave them?
(a) They fight back so fiercely that it is impossible to enslave any of them.
(b) They willingly accept enslavement in order not to be murdered.
(c) They go into the forest and hang themselves from the trees.
(d) They try to negotiate for peace but cannot overcome the language barrier.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Columbus think of the New World when he reaches it?
2. How do the Spanish justify killing so many peaceful islanders?
3. How can Boone's attitude toward Indians best be described?
4. Why do Ponce de Leon and his men travel north?
5. What happens to Thomas Morton as a result of the Maypole celebration?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)