|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Discovery of Kentucky.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What explanation does the narrator give for the Puritans' lack of imagination?
(a) They do not have materials with which to exercise their creativity.
(b) They are afraid being imaginative would cut them off from the others.
(c) They believe that God does not approve of imagination.
(d) They think their lives depend on doing things the same way every time.
2. Who does Columbus write to while he is on his return voyage?
(a) The King and Queen of Spain.
(b) His wife.
(c) Friends who were left behind in the New World.
(d) His family members in Europe.
3. What pet is Ponce de Leon especially attached to?
(a) A snake.
(b) A cat.
(c) A bird.
(d) A dog.
4. How does Williams suggest that Ponce de Leon feels when he hears about Cortez and the wealth of Montezuma?
5. Who does the narrator say that the Puritans went on to persecute later?
(a) The Spanish.
(b) The Quakers.
(c) The Indians.
(d) The atheists.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Thomas Morton?
2. Who tells Ponce de Leon there is a fountain of youth?
3. What causes the Puritan elders to finally get fed up with Thomas Morton?
4. What is the moral of the story about the rough sailor who falls sick, dies, and is thrown overboard?
5. What does the narrator say that the Puritans should be praised for?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)