|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Discovery of Kentucky.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Williams suggest that Ponce de Leon feels when he hears about Cortez and the wealth of Montezuma?
2. What explanation does the narrator give for the Puritans' lack of imagination?
(a) They are afraid being imaginative would cut them off from the others.
(b) They do not have materials with which to exercise their creativity.
(c) They think their lives depend on doing things the same way every time.
(d) They believe that God does not approve of imagination.
3. What causes the Puritan elders to finally get fed up with Thomas Morton?
(a) He starts a revolt against the authorities.
(b) He decides to marry an Indian woman.
(c) He begins to trade guns with the Indians.
(d) He plans a big party with music and liquor.
4. Who does Columbus write to while he is on his return voyage?
(a) The King and Queen of Spain.
(b) His family members in Europe.
(c) His wife.
(d) Friends who were left behind in the New World.
5. What does the narrator say about the Puritan soul?
(a) It is rich and nourishing.
(b) It is kind and warmhearted.
(c) It is small and empty.
(d) It is large and generous.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Columbus want to do instead of traveling to the New World again?
2. What characteristic does Boone have to have in order to live the kind of life that he lived?
3. What does the narrator say that the Puritans should be praised for?
4. How does the narrator describe the descendants of the Puritans?
5. What adjective does the narrator use to describe the Pilgrims' eagerness to share their beliefs?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)