|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Discovery of Kentucky.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Columbus when he finally makes it back to Spain?
(a) He is accused of making a deal with the King of Portugal.
(b) The King and Queen refuse to finance any future trips to the New World.
(c) Storms make it impossible to set sail again for several months.
(d) He loses his religious faith and decides to leave the Church.
2. According to the narrator, what was Boone's emotional state when he lived alone in the wilderness for three months?
3. What pet is Ponce de Leon especially attached to?
(a) A snake.
(b) A dog.
(c) A bird.
(d) A cat.
4. Why do the Puritans disapprove of Thomas Morton?
(a) He is not married.
(b) He barters guns and liquor to Indians.
(c) He does not believe in God.
(d) He does not pay his taxes.
5. What happens to Columbus on his return from his second voyage?
(a) He is refused permission to land in Spain even though there was a terrible storm.
(b) He is forced to turn back and sail to the New World again.
(c) He has to travel many miles out of his way because of a storm.
(d) He is forced to leave and sail to England instead.
Short Answer Questions
1. What adjective does the narrator use to describe Boone's character?
2. What does Columbus do when he thinks the ship might capsize?
3. What explanation does the narrator give for the Puritans' lack of imagination?
4. How does Ponce de Leon die?
5. What makes Daniel Boone different from other settlers, according to the narrator?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)