|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Jacataqua.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does "she" say that De Soto's men are beginning to hate him?
(a) Because they are worried that they will never make it back to Spain.
(b) Because he has subjected them to many hardships and they have found no gold.
(c) Because they are afraid that they will all be killed in battle.
(d) Because they have become infected with diseases and are experiencing epidemics.
2. How does De Soto keep his men alive when the maize crop fails?
(a) He rations corn.
(b) He sends the men out to hunt and fish.
(c) He writes to Spain for help.
(d) He gives each man 1/2 pound of pork daily.
3. Where does De Soto begin his journey into the North American mainland?
4. What does Jacataqua ask Aaron Burr to do?
(a) Hunt with her.
(b) Fight. with her.
(c) Eat with her.
(d) Sleep with her.
5. Why is De Soto uncertain whether he wants to meet Francisco Maldonado?
(a) He does not get along with Maldonado.
(b) He fears that Maldonado would antagonize the Indians.
(c) He thinks he might be forced to offer Maldonado some help.
(d) He thinks that Maldonado might get credit for De Soto's accomplishments.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is one of the goals, listed by Cotton Mather, that the Puritans have in mind when they found their colonies?
2. What does Williams say is the one thing that Americans fear more than anything else in the world?
3. Who does Cotton Mather say that New England belonged to before the New Englanders lived there?
4. Who or what is Mabilla?
5. What does Williams say that American families cheat their daughters out of by trying to frighten them into delaying the loss of their virginity?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)