|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Jacataqua.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does "she" say that De Soto's men are beginning to hate him?
(a) Because they have become infected with diseases and are experiencing epidemics.
(b) Because they are afraid that they will all be killed in battle.
(c) Because he has subjected them to many hardships and they have found no gold.
(d) Because they are worried that they will never make it back to Spain.
2. Who does Cotton Mather say that New England belonged to before the New Englanders lived there?
(a) The Indians.
(b) The Devil.
(c) The French.
(d) The Spanish.
3. What do Indian envoys bring to De Soto and his men?
(a) Live pigs, horses, and dogs.
(b) Berries, animal skins, and meat.
(c) Handmade tools, sewing needles and tents.
(d) Gold, silver, and pearls.
4. Where does De Soto begin his journey into the North American mainland?
5. What does Williams say that American families cheat their daughters out of by trying to frighten them into delaying the loss of their virginity?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Williams say that many American crimes are caused by?
2. What does Cotton Mather think about the gods of the Indian nations?
3. When does De Soto plan to send word about his expedition to Maldonado?
4. Who is Juan Ortiz?
5. What does Jacataqua ask Aaron Burr to do?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)