|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Jacataqua.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Williams say that intense emotions affect our perceptions of things?
(a) They make everything better.
(b) They make everything confusing.
(c) They make everything larger.
(d) They make everything harder.
2. What does Williams say is the one thing that Americans fear more than anything else in the world?
3. Where do De Soto and his men retreat to after the Indians burn their camp?
(b) Anhaica Apalachi.
4. Why is De Soto uncertain whether he wants to meet Francisco Maldonado?
(a) He thinks that Maldonado might get credit for De Soto's accomplishments.
(b) He does not get along with Maldonado.
(c) He thinks he might be forced to offer Maldonado some help.
(d) He fears that Maldonado would antagonize the Indians.
5. Who or what is Mabilla?
(a) The river along which De Soto and his men were traveling.
(b) The place Do Soto had heard of, called a "country toward the rising sun."
(c) The town where the Tuscaloosa attacked De Soto and his men.
(d) The woman who traveled with De Soto and translated for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is "beautiful as a cane box"?
2. How does the death of Juan Ortiz affect De Soto?
3. Who does Cotton Mather say that New England belonged to before the New Englanders lived there?
4. Where does De Soto begin his journey into the North American mainland?
5. What does Jacataqua ask Aaron Burr to do?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)