|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Jacataqua.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Williams say that intense emotions affect our perceptions of things?
(a) They make everything harder.
(b) They make everything better.
(c) They make everything larger.
(d) They make everything confusing.
2. What does Williams say that many American crimes are caused by?
(a) Passion and anger.
(b) Cultural hatred.
(c) Religious intolerance.
(d) Spiritual starvation.
3. Why does "she" say that De Soto's men are beginning to hate him?
(a) Because he has subjected them to many hardships and they have found no gold.
(b) Because they are worried that they will never make it back to Spain.
(c) Because they are afraid that they will all be killed in battle.
(d) Because they have become infected with diseases and are experiencing epidemics.
4. Where do De Soto and his men retreat to after the Indians burn their camp?
(b) Anhaica Apalachi.
5. What happens when Bridget Bishop attempts to plead not guilty?
(a) She is allowed to speak on her own behalf.
(b) She is denied the chance to hear the witnesses against her.
(c) She is convicted of gross lying in the court.
(d) She is tortured until she confesses.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Cotton Mather say that New England belonged to before the New Englanders lived there?
2. What does Cotton Mather think about the gods of the Indian nations?
3. What is De Soto looking for?
4. What does Williams say that Americans think they will lose if they were ever to serve another person?
5. Where does De Soto begin his journey into the North American mainland?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)