|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Jacataqua.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cotton Mather think about the gods of the Indian nations?
(a) He thinks that they are imaginary.
(b) He thinks that they are other gods.
(c) He thinks that they are idols.
(d) He thinks that they are devils.
2. Where do De Soto and his men retreat to after the Indians burn their camp?
(d) Anhaica Apalachi.
3. What happens when Bridget Bishop attempts to plead not guilty?
(a) She is denied the chance to hear the witnesses against her.
(b) She is convicted of gross lying in the court.
(c) She is tortured until she confesses.
(d) She is allowed to speak on her own behalf.
4. What does Williams say that many American crimes are caused by?
(a) Religious intolerance.
(b) Spiritual starvation.
(c) Cultural hatred.
(d) Passion and anger.
5. How does De Soto keep his men alive when the maize crop fails?
(a) He sends the men out to hunt and fish.
(b) He writes to Spain for help.
(c) He rations corn.
(d) He gives each man 1/2 pound of pork daily.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does De Soto plan to send word about his expedition to Maldonado?
2. What are Bridget Bishop and Susanna Martin indicted for?
3. What does Jacataqua ask Aaron Burr to do?
4. Where does De Soto begin his journey into the North American mainland?
5. Who or what is Mabilla?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)