|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Jacataqua.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jacataqua ask Aaron Burr to do?
(a) Fight. with her.
(b) Eat with her.
(c) Sleep with her.
(d) Hunt with her.
2. What does Williams say that Americans think they will lose if they were ever to serve another person?
3. How does De Soto keep his men alive when the maize crop fails?
(a) He rations corn.
(b) He gives each man 1/2 pound of pork daily.
(c) He writes to Spain for help.
(d) He sends the men out to hunt and fish.
4. How does Williams say that intense emotions affect our perceptions of things?
(a) They make everything confusing.
(b) They make everything better.
(c) They make everything larger.
(d) They make everything harder.
5. Who is "beautiful as a cane box"?
(a) De Soto.
(b) The female narrator.
(c) The Tuscaloosa.
(d) The male narrator.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Bridget Bishop and Susanna Martin indicted for?
2. How does the death of Juan Ortiz affect De Soto?
3. Why is De Soto uncertain whether he wants to meet Francisco Maldonado?
4. What does Cotton Mather say is the cause of the degeneracy of the New England community?
5. What does Cotton Mather think about the gods of the Indian nations?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)