|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Jacataqua.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Williams say is the one thing that Americans fear more than anything else in the world?
2. Which of the following is one of the goals, listed by Cotton Mather, that the Puritans have in mind when they found their colonies?
(a) They want a man to be able to spend seven years in the community and be able to say that he had not heard one oath sworn.
(b) They want to be sure that every person in the community went to church every Sunday.
(c) They want to know that every child, rich or poor, in the community would be able to read the Bible.
(d) They want to be certain that every person in the community had enough to eat and drink.
3. What does Williams say that many American crimes are caused by?
(a) Passion and anger.
(b) Religious intolerance.
(c) Cultural hatred.
(d) Spiritual starvation.
4. What does Jacataqua ask Aaron Burr to do?
(a) Hunt with her.
(b) Eat with her.
(c) Fight. with her.
(d) Sleep with her.
5. Where does De Soto begin his journey into the North American mainland?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cotton Mather think about the gods of the Indian nations?
2. What does Williams say that Americans think they will lose if they were ever to serve another person?
3. Why does "she" say that De Soto's men are beginning to hate him?
4. Who is Juan Ortiz?
5. What does Williams say that American families cheat their daughters out of by trying to frighten them into delaying the loss of their virginity?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)