|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Jacataqua.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who or what is Mabilla?
(a) The woman who traveled with De Soto and translated for him.
(b) The river along which De Soto and his men were traveling.
(c) The place Do Soto had heard of, called a "country toward the rising sun."
(d) The town where the Tuscaloosa attacked De Soto and his men.
2. What does Williams say is the one thing that Americans fear more than anything else in the world?
3. What does Cotton Mather think about the gods of the Indian nations?
(a) He thinks that they are imaginary.
(b) He thinks that they are other gods.
(c) He thinks that they are devils.
(d) He thinks that they are idols.
4. What does Williams say that Americans think they will lose if they were ever to serve another person?
5. Who does Cotton Mather say that New England belonged to before the New Englanders lived there?
(a) The Devil.
(b) The French.
(c) The Spanish.
(d) The Indians.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does De Soto plan to send word about his expedition to Maldonado?
2. Who is "beautiful as a cane box"?
3. What is De Soto looking for?
4. How does the death of Juan Ortiz affect De Soto?
5. Why does "she" say that De Soto's men are beginning to hate him?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)