|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Jacataqua.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does De Soto plan to send word about his expedition to Maldonado?
(a) After he gets through the winter.
(b) After he has traveled back to Cuba.
(c) After he runs out of supplies.
(d) After he discovers a rich country.
2. What is De Soto looking for?
(d) The Fountain of Youth
3. Why is De Soto uncertain whether he wants to meet Francisco Maldonado?
(a) He thinks he might be forced to offer Maldonado some help.
(b) He thinks that Maldonado might get credit for De Soto's accomplishments.
(c) He fears that Maldonado would antagonize the Indians.
(d) He does not get along with Maldonado.
4. What are Bridget Bishop and Susanna Martin indicted for?
5. What do Indian envoys bring to De Soto and his men?
(a) Gold, silver, and pearls.
(b) Handmade tools, sewing needles and tents.
(c) Live pigs, horses, and dogs.
(d) Berries, animal skins, and meat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cotton Mather say is the cause of the degeneracy of the New England community?
2. Who is Juan Ortiz?
3. What does Williams say that many American crimes are caused by?
4. Where does De Soto begin his journey into the North American mainland?
5. Who is "beautiful as a cane box"?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)