|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Jacataqua.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who or what is Mabilla?
(a) The river along which De Soto and his men were traveling.
(b) The woman who traveled with De Soto and translated for him.
(c) The place Do Soto had heard of, called a "country toward the rising sun."
(d) The town where the Tuscaloosa attacked De Soto and his men.
2. Why does "she" say that De Soto's men are beginning to hate him?
(a) Because he has subjected them to many hardships and they have found no gold.
(b) Because they have become infected with diseases and are experiencing epidemics.
(c) Because they are afraid that they will all be killed in battle.
(d) Because they are worried that they will never make it back to Spain.
3. How does Williams say that intense emotions affect our perceptions of things?
(a) They make everything better.
(b) They make everything larger.
(c) They make everything harder.
(d) They make everything confusing.
4. How does the death of Juan Ortiz affect De Soto?
(a) It leaves him without a single soldier who knows the way back.
(b) It leaves him without a doctor.
(c) It makes him feel lonely and wish he had a friend.
(d) It leaves him without a translator.
5. What do Indian envoys bring to De Soto and his men?
(a) Live pigs, horses, and dogs.
(b) Berries, animal skins, and meat.
(c) Handmade tools, sewing needles and tents.
(d) Gold, silver, and pearls.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is De Soto looking for?
2. How does De Soto keep his men alive when the maize crop fails?
3. Which of the following is one of the goals, listed by Cotton Mather, that the Puritans have in mind when they found their colonies?
4. Who does Cotton Mather say that New England belonged to before the New Englanders lived there?
5. What happens when Bridget Bishop attempts to plead not guilty?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)