|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Jacataqua.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jacataqua ask Aaron Burr to do?
(a) Eat with her.
(b) Hunt with her.
(c) Sleep with her.
(d) Fight. with her.
2. Why does "she" say that De Soto's men are beginning to hate him?
(a) Because they are worried that they will never make it back to Spain.
(b) Because they have become infected with diseases and are experiencing epidemics.
(c) Because he has subjected them to many hardships and they have found no gold.
(d) Because they are afraid that they will all be killed in battle.
3. Who or what is Mabilla?
(a) The woman who traveled with De Soto and translated for him.
(b) The river along which De Soto and his men were traveling.
(c) The place Do Soto had heard of, called a "country toward the rising sun."
(d) The town where the Tuscaloosa attacked De Soto and his men.
4. How does Williams say that intense emotions affect our perceptions of things?
(a) They make everything larger.
(b) They make everything better.
(c) They make everything confusing.
(d) They make everything harder.
5. What does Williams say that Americans think they will lose if they were ever to serve another person?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Juan Ortiz?
2. What does Williams say is the one thing that Americans fear more than anything else in the world?
3. What is De Soto looking for?
4. How does De Soto keep his men alive when the maize crop fails?
5. What does Cotton Mather think about the gods of the Indian nations?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)