|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Jacataqua.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is "beautiful as a cane box"?
(a) The Tuscaloosa.
(b) The female narrator.
(c) The male narrator.
(d) De Soto.
2. What does Williams say that American families cheat their daughters out of by trying to frighten them into delaying the loss of their virginity?
3. What does Williams say that Americans think they will lose if they were ever to serve another person?
4. What does Cotton Mather think about the gods of the Indian nations?
(a) He thinks that they are idols.
(b) He thinks that they are other gods.
(c) He thinks that they are devils.
(d) He thinks that they are imaginary.
5. When does De Soto plan to send word about his expedition to Maldonado?
(a) After he discovers a rich country.
(b) After he has traveled back to Cuba.
(c) After he gets through the winter.
(d) After he runs out of supplies.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does De Soto keep his men alive when the maize crop fails?
2. How does Williams say that intense emotions affect our perceptions of things?
3. Why does "she" say that De Soto's men are beginning to hate him?
4. What does Cotton Mather say is the cause of the degeneracy of the New England community?
5. What are Bridget Bishop and Susanna Martin indicted for?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)