|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Jacataqua.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Williams say that American families cheat their daughters out of by trying to frighten them into delaying the loss of their virginity?
2. What is De Soto looking for?
(d) The Fountain of Youth
3. What does Williams say that Americans think they will lose if they were ever to serve another person?
4. What does Williams say is the one thing that Americans fear more than anything else in the world?
5. What happens when Bridget Bishop attempts to plead not guilty?
(a) She is convicted of gross lying in the court.
(b) She is denied the chance to hear the witnesses against her.
(c) She is tortured until she confesses.
(d) She is allowed to speak on her own behalf.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does "she" say that De Soto's men are beginning to hate him?
2. How does the death of Juan Ortiz affect De Soto?
3. What does Jacataqua ask Aaron Burr to do?
4. Which of the following is one of the goals, listed by Cotton Mather, that the Puritans have in mind when they found their colonies?
5. How does De Soto keep his men alive when the maize crop fails?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)