|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Jacataqua.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Bridget Bishop attempts to plead not guilty?
(a) She is tortured until she confesses.
(b) She is convicted of gross lying in the court.
(c) She is denied the chance to hear the witnesses against her.
(d) She is allowed to speak on her own behalf.
2. What does Williams say that many American crimes are caused by?
(a) Passion and anger.
(b) Spiritual starvation.
(c) Religious intolerance.
(d) Cultural hatred.
3. How does De Soto keep his men alive when the maize crop fails?
(a) He writes to Spain for help.
(b) He gives each man 1/2 pound of pork daily.
(c) He sends the men out to hunt and fish.
(d) He rations corn.
4. How does the death of Juan Ortiz affect De Soto?
(a) It leaves him without a single soldier who knows the way back.
(b) It leaves him without a doctor.
(c) It makes him feel lonely and wish he had a friend.
(d) It leaves him without a translator.
5. Where does De Soto begin his journey into the North American mainland?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Indian envoys bring to De Soto and his men?
2. Which of the following is one of the goals, listed by Cotton Mather, that the Puritans have in mind when they found their colonies?
3. What does Jacataqua ask Aaron Burr to do?
4. When does De Soto plan to send word about his expedition to Maldonado?
5. What does Williams say is the one thing that Americans fear more than anything else in the world?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)