|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Jacataqua.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Williams say that intense emotions affect our perceptions of things?
(a) They make everything better.
(b) They make everything confusing.
(c) They make everything larger.
(d) They make everything harder.
2. Where do De Soto and his men retreat to after the Indians burn their camp?
(a) Anhaica Apalachi.
3. When does De Soto plan to send word about his expedition to Maldonado?
(a) After he discovers a rich country.
(b) After he has traveled back to Cuba.
(c) After he runs out of supplies.
(d) After he gets through the winter.
4. What does Williams say is the one thing that Americans fear more than anything else in the world?
5. Why does "she" say that De Soto's men are beginning to hate him?
(a) Because they are worried that they will never make it back to Spain.
(b) Because they are afraid that they will all be killed in battle.
(c) Because they have become infected with diseases and are experiencing epidemics.
(d) Because he has subjected them to many hardships and they have found no gold.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Cotton Mather say that New England belonged to before the New Englanders lived there?
2. Who or what is Mabilla?
3. Who is "beautiful as a cane box"?
4. What does Williams say that many American crimes are caused by?
5. Where does De Soto begin his journey into the North American mainland?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)