|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Jacataqua.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Williams say that many American crimes are caused by?
(a) Spiritual starvation.
(b) Cultural hatred.
(c) Passion and anger.
(d) Religious intolerance.
2. Which of the following is one of the goals, listed by Cotton Mather, that the Puritans have in mind when they found their colonies?
(a) They want to know that every child, rich or poor, in the community would be able to read the Bible.
(b) They want to be certain that every person in the community had enough to eat and drink.
(c) They want to be sure that every person in the community went to church every Sunday.
(d) They want a man to be able to spend seven years in the community and be able to say that he had not heard one oath sworn.
3. What does Cotton Mather think about the gods of the Indian nations?
(a) He thinks that they are idols.
(b) He thinks that they are other gods.
(c) He thinks that they are devils.
(d) He thinks that they are imaginary.
4. What does Williams say that Americans think they will lose if they were ever to serve another person?
5. What does Jacataqua ask Aaron Burr to do?
(a) Sleep with her.
(b) Fight. with her.
(c) Eat with her.
(d) Hunt with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cotton Mather say is the cause of the degeneracy of the New England community?
2. Where do De Soto and his men retreat to after the Indians burn their camp?
3. What are Bridget Bishop and Susanna Martin indicted for?
4. Where does De Soto begin his journey into the North American mainland?
5. What happens when Bridget Bishop attempts to plead not guilty?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)