|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Jacataqua.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Williams say that Americans think they will lose if they were ever to serve another person?
2. How does Williams say that intense emotions affect our perceptions of things?
(a) They make everything better.
(b) They make everything confusing.
(c) They make everything larger.
(d) They make everything harder.
3. Why does "she" say that De Soto's men are beginning to hate him?
(a) Because they are worried that they will never make it back to Spain.
(b) Because they are afraid that they will all be killed in battle.
(c) Because they have become infected with diseases and are experiencing epidemics.
(d) Because he has subjected them to many hardships and they have found no gold.
4. What does Williams say that many American crimes are caused by?
(a) Spiritual starvation.
(b) Religious intolerance.
(c) Cultural hatred.
(d) Passion and anger.
5. What are Bridget Bishop and Susanna Martin indicted for?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Bridget Bishop attempts to plead not guilty?
2. When does De Soto plan to send word about his expedition to Maldonado?
3. What does Cotton Mather think about the gods of the Indian nations?
4. Who is "beautiful as a cane box"?
5. Where do De Soto and his men retreat to after the Indians burn their camp?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)