|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Jacataqua.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is "beautiful as a cane box"?
(a) The Tuscaloosa.
(b) De Soto.
(c) The male narrator.
(d) The female narrator.
2. How does Williams say that intense emotions affect our perceptions of things?
(a) They make everything better.
(b) They make everything harder.
(c) They make everything larger.
(d) They make everything confusing.
3. What does Cotton Mather think about the gods of the Indian nations?
(a) He thinks that they are imaginary.
(b) He thinks that they are idols.
(c) He thinks that they are devils.
(d) He thinks that they are other gods.
4. Where does De Soto begin his journey into the North American mainland?
5. What happens when Bridget Bishop attempts to plead not guilty?
(a) She is denied the chance to hear the witnesses against her.
(b) She is convicted of gross lying in the court.
(c) She is allowed to speak on her own behalf.
(d) She is tortured until she confesses.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who or what is Mabilla?
2. What does Williams say is the one thing that Americans fear more than anything else in the world?
3. Which of the following is one of the goals, listed by Cotton Mather, that the Puritans have in mind when they found their colonies?
4. What do Indian envoys bring to De Soto and his men?
5. Who does Cotton Mather say that New England belonged to before the New Englanders lived there?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)