|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What position did Jen say she sought in her applications for the 1992-93 Hurricanes team?
2. What newspaper did Coach Moyer claim picked Northampton to be the season's regional champ in Chapter 8?
3. What was the final score in the game between Amherst and Cathedral?
4. How old was Kristin Marvin when she first dove off the low board into a pool?
5. What college is located in Northampton?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author describe the second game between the Hurricanes and Northampton in Chapter 8?
2. Why did Kathleen struggle on the team? How did Coach Moyer deal with it?
3. How is Gumby's family described? What is Gumby's real name?
4. Why was Jade Sharpe chosen for the team? How is Jade described?
5. What were the expectations and the outcome of the Hurricanes game against West Springfield?
6. What were the struggles that Kristin faced in Chapter 8?
7. How did Rita deal with the boy who was harassing and stalking her in Chapter 8?
8. What did Rita confide to Jen in Chapter 9?
9. How many applicants came to the tryouts for the team in Chapter 5? Who stood out in the tryouts?
10. Why did Coach Moyer present the article from the Springfield Union to the girls in Chapter 8?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the relationship between Jamila Wideman and Jen Pariseau in the book. What led to the animosity between these friends? How did they repair their relationship?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the Hurricanes' first game of the 1992-93 season. Against what team did they play? What strategies were employed during the game? Who won and what was the final score?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the slogan "Hoop Phi." Who created this slogan? What does it mean? What did it mean to the team members of the Amherst Lady Hurricanes?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)