|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Jen and Jamila see each other at the Amateur Athletic Union during the summer, according to the author in Chapter 2?
2. What does the author claim the official seal is for Amherst in Chapter 1?
3. Where were the Amherst Lady Hurricanes playing on the night of March 3, 1992?
4. In what grade did Jamila Wideman join the Amherst Lady Hurricanes?
5. Who is Kristin Marvin's maternal grandmother?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Lucia Moraniss described in the narrative?
2. Who led the author to write about the Amherst Lady Hurricanes? How?
3. What are some of the main characteristics of Amherst, Massachusetts?
4. What intention does the author describe for the book in her Prologue?
5. What is Jamila Wideman's history with and relationship to basketball?
6. How was the anymosity between Jamila and Jen resolved in Chapter 2?
7. How does the author describe the atmosphere of Amherst in the fall in Chapter 4?
8. How is Patri Abad described in the narrative?
9. How did Rita Powell accumulate the money needed for summer camp?
10. How is Kim Warner's family life described?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the relationship between Jamila Wideman and Jen Pariseau in the book. What led to the animosity between these friends? How did they repair their relationship?
Essay Topic 2
What atmosphere does the author illustrate for the opening of Chapter 1? What are the thoughts and emotions of the Hurricanes team members? Why did they feel as they did?
Essay Topic 3
Who did Coach Moyer choose for each position in the 1992-93 Hurricanes team? Why did he choose each individual for her position? What strengths and weaknesses did Moyer take into account?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)