|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author notes in Chapter 5 that Courtney Moyer and Jen Pariseau had been close friends since what age?
2. How much was the sports participation fee for any student that played a varsity or junior varsity sport at Amherst High School?
3. What was the score when Amherst played West Side for the second time in Chapter 8?
4. How many students does the author say were in Kathleen's class?
5. What is the name of the store where Kim Warner worked part-time during the school year?
(a) Sarah's baked good and candies.
(b) J. C. Penney department store.
(c) A. J. Hastings Newsdealer.
(d) Eddie's Deli.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 6, Coach Moyer told those trying out for the team, "The first rule of tryouts is" what (112)?
2. What position did Jamila say she sought in her applications for the 1992-93 Hurricanes team?
3. When did Chicopee High play against Amherst at home in Chapter 8?
4. At what public school in Hadley did Ron Moyers coach boys from 1971-1977?
5. What are the names of Coach Moyer's daughters?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of the slogan "Hoop Phi"?
2. Why did Coach Moyer present the article from the Springfield Union to the girls in Chapter 8?
3. What happened when Jen scored her thousandth career score in Chapter 8?
4. What were the struggles that Kristin faced in Chapter 8?
5. How is Sophie King's family described?
6. What questions did the applicants for the team have to answer on their application forms?
7. What did Jamila discuss with the press in Chapter 9?
8. How is Jonesbones described? What is her real name?
9. How is the game against Hamp described in Chapter 9? What was the final score?
10. How does the author describe the atmosphere in Amherst in February in Chapter 9?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)