|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With how many points did Jen Pariseau enter the 1992-93 season?
2. What was Coach Moyer's phrase that referred to "a team without much in the way of coherent strategy" (149)?
(a) "Chuck and Chase."
(b) "Lob and Run."
(c) "Defensive Defense."
(d) "Jump and Pass."
3. What was the score of the first game of the season for the Hurricanes in Chapter 8?
4. What is the title of Chapter 5?
(a) "You Can All Clap Now."
(b) "TEAM, Underlinied and Capitalized."
(c) "Late Night When the Phone Rang."
(d) "Feel the Fire."
5. What did Coach Moyers say "is not something your grandparents can buy for you" in Chapter 5 (102)?
(a) "Being able to make a hoop."
(b) "Playing with strength."
(c) "Being part of a team."
(d) "Having talent on the court."
Short Answer Questions
1. How many points did Gumby score in the first game of the season in Chapter 8?
2. Where did Jen Pariseau say her family would go around New Year's in her application to the team in Chapter 5?
3. What was Gumby's weight at birth?
4. How much was the sports participation fee for any student that played a varsity or junior varsity sport at Amherst High School?
5. What is the title of Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Sophie King's family described?
2. How did Rita deal with the boy who was harassing and stalking her in Chapter 8?
3. What did Jamila discuss with the press in Chapter 9?
4. Why did Jen Pariseau give a speech in Chapter 9? What did she discuss in the speech?
5. How is the game against Hamp described in Chapter 9? What was the final score?
6. How does the author describe the atmosphere in Amherst in February in Chapter 9?
7. What does the word "team" mean to Coach Moyer?
8. Why was Jade Sharpe chosen for the team? How is Jade described?
9. How does the author describe the second game between the Hurricanes and Northampton in Chapter 8?
10. What were the expectations and the outcome of the Hurricanes game against West Springfield?
This section contains 628 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)