|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author refer to her recitals in synchonized swimming in the Prologue?
(b) Mirror swimming.
2. What is the name of the all-women's college in South Hadley?
(d) Mount Holyoke.
3. The author notes in Chapter 2, "As a child of mixed races, Jamila was often asked by interviewers whether she identified more with being white or with being black" (43). How did Jamila respond?
(a) She said that it depended on who she was around.
(b) She said she most identified with being white.
(c) She said she most identified with being herself.
(d) She said she most identified with being black.
4. When did the author graduate college?
5. What is the name of Kristin Marvin's mother?
(a) Gigi Kaeser.
(b) Anne Teschner.
(c) Marie Louise Marvin.
(d) Megan Marvin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Lucia Maraniss loved to do all her life, according to the author in Chapter 3?
2. Where did Patri Abad move when she left Amherst?
3. Where did both of Kathleen Poe's parents go to college?
4. How tall is Kristin Marvin described as in Chapter 4?
5. Where was Jamila Wideman born?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Kim Warner's family life described?
2. Who led the author to write about the Amherst Lady Hurricanes? How?
3. What did Coach Moyer say to the team that caused them to cry in Chapter 1?
4. How did Kim Warner prepare for the 1992-93 season?
5. Where did Rita Powell want to attend summer camp?
6. What intention does the author describe for the book in her Prologue?
7. How is Jamila Wideman's performance in the game described in Chapter 1?
8. What is Jamila Wideman's history with and relationship to basketball?
9. How is Patri Abad described in the narrative?
10. How is Jen Pariseau's family described?
This section contains 644 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)