|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was Jamila Wideman born?
2. What is the name of the all-women's college in Northampton?
3. What is the name of Kristin Marvin's stepfather who worked as a contractor?
(a) Dale Houle.
(b) Richard Kaeser.
(c) Ron Moyer.
(d) John Edgar Wideman.
4. How old was the author when her father died?
5. What community surrounding Amherst is described by the author in Chapter 1 as "the shopper's mecca" (25)?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Lucia Maraniss's mother?
2. What is Jamila Wideman's father's profession?
3. What is the title of Chapter 2?
4. Where did Patri Abad move when she left Amherst?
5. How tall is Kim Warner described as in Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the author's history with team sports?
2. How is Jamila Wideman's family described?
3. What did Coach Moyer say to the team that caused them to cry in Chapter 1?
4. How is Patri Abad described in the narrative?
5. How did Kim Warner prepare for the 1992-93 season?
6. What game is described on March 3, 1992? Who played and what was at stake?
7. How was the anymosity between Jamila and Jen resolved in Chapter 2?
8. How is Jamila Wideman's performance in the game described in Chapter 1?
9. How did Kathleen Poe feel about the coming 1993 season? What predominated her thoughts about the coming school year?
10. What is Jamila Wideman's history with and relationship to basketball?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)