|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year was there a brutal stabbing murder of a woman in a store parking lot in Amherst?
2. What food had Kathleen Poe been known for eating and loving?
3. How many siblings does Rita Powell have?
4. Where did Jen and Jamila see each other at the Amateur Athletic Union during the summer, according to the author in Chapter 2?
(a) Phoenix, Arizona.
(b) Clovis, New Mexico.
(c) Little Rock, Arkansas.
(d) Houston, Texas.
5. Who wrote In a Different Voice?
(a) John Edgar Wideman.
(b) Brenda Sepanek.
(c) Ron Moyer.
(d) Carol Gilligan.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money did the Dave Cowens Basketball School camp season cost for a resident camper when Rita wanted to attend?
2. What did Kathleen Poe consider to be her safety school in regards to potential colleges?
3. What is the title of Chapter 1?
4. Where was Jamila Wideman born?
5. When was Jamila Wideman born?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Jamila Wideman's performance in the game described in Chapter 1?
2. What are some of the main characteristics of Amherst, Massachusetts?
3. What is the author's history with team sports?
4. Why did Kim feel responsible for the Hurricanes' loss to Northampton in the 1992 playoff game?
5. What is Jen Pariseau's history with and relationship to basketball?
6. How is Jamila Wideman's family described?
7. How does the author describe Rita Powell's home life?
8. What was Kristin's main concern about the coming season in Chapter 4?
9. How did Rita Powell accumulate the money needed for summer camp?
10. Who led the author to write about the Amherst Lady Hurricanes? How?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)