|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year was there a brutal stabbing murder of a woman in a store parking lot in Amherst?
2. What mountain range embraces Amherst at its southern border?
(a) The Apache Mountains.
(b) The Rocky Mountains.
(c) The Sierra Nevada Mountains.
(d) The Holyoke Mountains.
3. On what team did Rita Powell play when she attended the Dave Cowens Basketball School?
(b) Central Mass.
4. What community surrounding Amherst is described by the author in Chapter 1 as "the shopper's mecca" (25)?
5. Where did Jen Pariseau live with her family in 1992?
6. What does Jamila's name supposedly mean in Arabic?
7. How tall is Kristin Marvin described as in Chapter 4?
8. Where does the author describe Kristin Marvin as having a summer job in Chapter 4?
(a) Burger King.
(d) Donny's Pizza.
9. How old was the author when her father died?
10. Where did both of Kathleen Poe's parents go to college?
(a) Princeton University.
(b) Harvard University.
(c) Stanford University.
(d) Duke University.
11. When was Jamila Wideman born?
12. What is the name of the team at the Amateur Athletic Union that Jen and Jamila played with?
(a) The Massachusetts Buffalo.
(b) The Central Mass Cougars.
(c) The Cathedral Bullets.
(d) The Northampton Blue Devils.
13. When does the author describe Bobby Thompson making a home run that was heard around the world in the Prologue?
14. What Amherst event is hosted by the Rotary Club in August of each year?
(a) The Cucumber Festival.
(b) The Teddy Bear Rally.
(c) Brick Fest.
(d) The Tomato Festival.
15. What is Kristin Martin's father's profession?
(a) He is a professor.
(b) He is a banker.
(c) He is a doctor.
(d) He is a contractor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the Amherst Lady Hurricanes team members often go for ice cream after games?
2. What is the name of Patri Abad's older brother?
3. What is the title of Chapter 1?
4. Who was the lone senior on the Amherst Lady Hurricanes team that played her last game in March of 1992?
5. What had Lucia Maraniss loved to do all her life, according to the author in Chapter 3?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)