|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue - Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what grade did Jamila Wideman join the Amherst Lady Hurricanes?
(a) Sixth grade.
(b) Seventh grade.
(c) Ninth grade.
(d) Eighth grade.
2. What was the school bus nicknamed by the Amherst Lady Hurricanes, according to the author in Chapter 1?
(a) The Blue Bus.
(b) The Yellow Cadillac.
(c) The Fixalot.
(d) The Hurricane Eye.
3. What team were the Amhers Lady Hurricanes playing on March 3, 1992?
(a) The Central Mass Cougars.
(b) The Goza Beavers.
(c) The Cathedral Badgers.
(d) The Northampton Blue Devils.
4. When was Amherst designated as a township?
5. Where did the Amherst Lady Hurricanes team members often go for ice cream after games?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what U.S. state is the book set?
2. Where did Jen and Jamila see each other at the Amateur Athletic Union during the summer, according to the author in Chapter 2?
3. The author notes in Chapter 2, "As a child of mixed races, Jamila was often asked by interviewers whether she identified more with being white or with being black" (43). How did Jamila respond?
4. Who is Jamila Wideman's father?
5. What Amherst event is hosted by the Rotary Club in August of each year?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)