|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 - 4 .
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does SAD stand for, as used in the narrative in Chapter 4?
(a) Study of Athletic Discipline.
(b) Standards of Academic Development.
(c) Seasonal Affective Disorder.
(d) Station for Advanced Development.
2. What mountain range embraces Amherst at its southern border?
(a) The Holyoke Mountains.
(b) The Rocky Mountains.
(c) The Sierra Nevada Mountains.
(d) The Apache Mountains.
3. What does the author claim the official seal is for Amherst in Chapter 1?
(a) A book and a plow.
(b) A cross and a torch.
(c) A star.
(d) A sword and a shield.
4. Where does the author describe Kristin Marvin as having a summer job in Chapter 4?
(b) Donny's Pizza.
(d) Burger King.
5. What is Kim Warner's mother's name?
(a) Sue Warner.
(b) Anne Teschner.
(c) Megan Cowens.
(d) Brenda Warner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where were the Amherst Lady Hurricanes playing on the night of March 3, 1992?
2. What is Jamila Wideman's father's profession?
3. How old was the author when her father died?
4. Where did Patri Abad move when she left Amherst?
5. What is the name of Lucia Maraniss's mother?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)