|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 - 4 .
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What community surrounding Amherst is described by the author in Chapter 1 as "the shopper's mecca" (25)?
2. What does SAD stand for, as used in the narrative in Chapter 4?
(a) Station for Advanced Development.
(b) Seasonal Affective Disorder.
(c) Study of Athletic Discipline.
(d) Standards of Academic Development.
3. Who did Rita describe as a funny girl that was one of her best friends at camp in her letter home in Chapter 3?
(a) Anne Teschner.
(b) Brenda Sepanek.
(c) Megan Cowens.
(d) Carol Gilligan.
4. Where was Jamila Wideman born?
(a) Chicago, Illinois.
(b) Phoenix, Arizona.
(c) Denver, Colorado.
(d) Houston, Texas.
5. When did the author graduate college?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the all-women's college in South Hadley?
2. Who is Kristin Marvin's maternal grandmother?
3. What does Jamila's name supposedly mean in Arabic?
4. Where did Jen and Jamila see each other at the Amateur Athletic Union during the summer, according to the author in Chapter 2?
5. What is the title of Chapter 3?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)