|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3 - 4 .
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Kristin Marvin live with her family?
2. What mountain range embraces Amherst at its southern border?
(a) The Holyoke Mountains.
(b) The Apache Mountains.
(c) The Sierra Nevada Mountains.
(d) The Rocky Mountains.
3. What does SAD stand for, as used in the narrative in Chapter 4?
(a) Standards of Academic Development.
(b) Seasonal Affective Disorder.
(c) Station for Advanced Development.
(d) Study of Athletic Discipline.
4. What is Jamila Wideman's father's profession?
(a) He is a butcher.
(b) He is a painter.
(c) He is a novelist.
(d) He is a banker.
5. Where was Jamila Wideman born?
(a) Chicago, Illinois.
(b) Phoenix, Arizona.
(c) Houston, Texas.
(d) Denver, Colorado.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author claim were the "drugs of choice in Amherst" in the 1980s in Chapter 3 (72)?
2. What is Rita Powell's mother's name?
3. When did women first enter Amherst College as transfer students?
4. Where does the author describe Kristin Marvin as having a summer job in Chapter 4?
5. What community surrounding Amherst is described by the author in Chapter 1 as "the shopper's mecca" (25)?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)