Prologue - Chapter 2
• NOTE: The following version of the book was used to create this Lesson Plan: Blais, Madeleine. In These Girls, Hope Is a Muscle. Copyright 1995. Warner Books Edition.
• Madeleine Blais’s nonfiction book, In These Girls, Hope Is a Muscle follows the Amherst Lady Hurricanes basketball team.
• The author narrates the story in the first person in her descriptions of her experiences with the team members and her own past. Some chapters or segments of chapters describe the individuals of the Amherst Lady Hurricanes from a perspective that is more that of an omniscient narrator.
• The book opens with a sizable Prologue that introduces the author (in first person) as well as one of the key figures that prompted her to write the book.
• The author explains that Kristin Marvin, a member of the Amherst Lady Hurricanes basketball team, came to babysit for her and demonstrated...
This section contains 1,765 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)