|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT arrested?
2. What month does Minerva travel to visit her husband?
3. Where is Puerto Plata?
4. What does Minerva fear as she heads to visit her husband?
5. What does Trujillo say is his second biggest obstacle?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Leandro moved to a different prison?
2. Who is Victor, and how is he important to the plot?
3. What gives Minerva hope after she is released from prison?
4. How does Minerva respond to the failure of what she puts her hope in after being released from prison?
5. Who is Margarita?
6. What happens to Mary Teresa in prison?
7. What task is put on Dede when her sisters die?
8. How does this book end?
9. What happens after Mary Teresa reports her struggles in prison?
10. Who is Rufino and why is he important to the plot?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Enrique feels betrayed by some important parts of his life. Who does he feel has betrayed him and why?
Essay Topic 2
Trujillo lists two major obstacles to his goals. What are these obstacles, and how does he handle them?
Essay Topic 3
Patria loses her faith at one point. How did this happen and what came of it?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)