|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary Teresa experiment with in prison?
2. What trait does Minerva feel she lost in prison?
3. What is Margarita’s last name?
4. Who does Margarita know at the prison?
5. Who raises the children of the murdered sisters?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Mary Teresa in prison?
2. What task is put on Dede when her sisters die?
3. How does Manolo die?
4. How does Mary Teresa report her struggles in prison?
5. What causes Patria to lose her farm?
6. How do the Mirabal sisters die?
7. What does Lio say when he talks to Dede after the murders?
8. What happens after Mary Teresa reports her struggles in prison?
9. How does Margarita help the family?
10. Why is Nelson released from prison?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Purity is a main theme of this book. How is this theme presented, and why would this be so central in a plot like this?
Essay Topic 2
Patria loses her faith at one point. How did this happen and what came of it?
Essay Topic 3
Dede is not able to help her sisters. Why is this, and what does this teach us?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)