|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of retreat does Patria go on?
2. What is Pedro’s occupation?
3. What does Patria do when the rebellion needs a place to meet?
4. Where does Patria live after she gets married?
5. Why can’t Dede start a relationship with Lio?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Enrique freed after he is arrested?
2. What is the rebel movement named, and why?
3. How does Enrique feel about his children?
4. Who is Hilda?
5. What happened during Minerva’s play?
6. Why are people interested in Dede’s story?
7. What happens on June 14th?
8. How does Dede’s life compare to the prediction of her future?
9. What saves Minerva’s marriage?
10. Why is Enrique arrested?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The title of this book is very symbolic to the plot. What does it mean, and how does it affect the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Dede has an interesting role in this book. What is this role, and how does she accomplish it?
Essay Topic 3
Many political ideas are shared in this book. What are these ideas, who believes in them, and how does this affect the tone of the play?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)