|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mary Teresa join the rebellion?
2. What political party did Lio follow?
3. Who has been hiding letters sent to Minerva?
4. Where is this book set?
5. Who does Patria name her third child after?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lio ask of Dede before he goes into hiding?
2. What saves Minerva’s marriage?
3. How does Dede’s life compare to the prediction of her future?
4. How does Trujillo respond to Minerva’s play?
5. Why does Lio go into hiding?
6. What happens between Minerva and Trujillo at the dance party?
7. Why is it ironic for Patria to lose her faith?
8. What is Patria’s hardest decision as a young lady?
9. What does Lio ask of Minvera when he goes into hiding?
10. How is Patria’s faith restored?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Dede is not able to help her sisters. Why is this, and what does this teach us?
Essay Topic 2
Dede has an interesting role in this book. What is this role, and how does she accomplish it?
Essay Topic 3
The author places some information about the Dominican Republic throughout this book for us. Why do you think she did that, and how did this affect the pace of the book?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)