|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Dede marry?
2. Which of these is NOT in Minerva’s play?
3. What is Pedro’s occupation?
4. Why does Mary Teresa have to do something when Hilda is caught?
5. Who discovers Enrique’s illegitimate daughters?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Enrique arrested?
2. What happens to Lina?
3. Why is it ironic for Patria to lose her faith?
4. What is the political climate in the Dominican Republic at the time of this book?
5. How does Minerva respond when she learns about her illegitimate sisters?
6. How is Patria’s faith restored?
7. How does Dede’s life compare to the prediction of her future?
8. How is Enrique freed after he is arrested?
9. Why does Mary Teresa join the rebellion?
10. What happened during Minerva’s play?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Patria loses her faith at one point. How did this happen and what came of it?
Essay Topic 2
Sinita opens Minerva’s eyes to some important things while in school. What are these realizations, and how are they brought about?
Essay Topic 3
Minerva changed when she began listening to Lio. What were some of these changes, and what do you think caused them?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)