|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Minerva’s new goal after graduating school?
2. What is Lina’s last name?
3. Who does Mary Teresa marry?
4. Who did Dede marry?
5. How does Pedro help Patria decide something?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are people interested in Dede’s story?
2. What caused Sinita to hate Trujillo?
3. How is Patria’s faith restored?
4. Why does Lio go into hiding?
5. How does Enrique feel about his children?
6. What does Patria name her third child, and why?
7. What convinces Patria to join the rebel movement?
8. What happens to Lina?
9. What happened during Minerva’s play?
10. What is the rebel movement named, and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Enrique feels betrayed by some important parts of his life. Who does he feel has betrayed him and why?
Essay Topic 2
Trujillo’s opinion of Minerva changes a great deal throughout the book. How does it change, and why?
Essay Topic 3
Dede’s relationship with her husband is different from the other relationships in the book. How is it different and what is the effect of this?
This section contains 537 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)