|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Dede’s father give a prediction about her future?
2. What does Minerva win with her play?
3. What does Lio ask of Minerva with the item he leaves for her when he flees the country?
4. Who has been regularly sending Minerva letters?
5. What is Trujillo’s first name?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lio go into hiding?
2. What saves Minerva’s marriage?
3. How does Trujillo respond to Minerva’s play?
4. What happens between Minerva and Trujillo at the dance party?
5. How does Minerva respond when she learns about her illegitimate sisters?
6. What takes away Patria’s faith?
7. What happened during Minerva’s play?
8. How does Dede’s life compare to the prediction of her future?
9. How is Patria’s faith restored?
10. What convinces Patria to join the rebel movement?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many political ideas are shared in this book. What are these ideas, who believes in them, and how does this affect the tone of the play?
Essay Topic 2
Patria loses her faith at one point. How did this happen and what came of it?
Essay Topic 3
Dede’s relationship with her husband is different from the other relationships in the book. How is it different and what is the effect of this?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)