|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Victor’s last name?
2. Why is it hard for Patria to visit her husband?
(a) He has been very sick
(b) She is searched and assaulted every time
(c) He has been re-located
(d) She is pregnant
3. What does Trujillo say is his biggest obstacle?
(a) The Mirabal sisters
(b) The church
(c) The soldiers
(d) The United States
4. What title does Victor have?
5. Where does Trujillo talk about his biggest obstacles?
(a) His council
(b) A dinner party
(c) The prison
(d) A public meeting
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Dede never join the rebellion?
2. Why does Trujillo allow someone to be released from prison?
3. Who writes about Minerva’s time in prison?
4. What happens when Minerva tries to call her house after visiting her husband?
5. How does Patria travel to visit her husband?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the Mirabal sisters die?
2. How does Minerva respond to the failure of what she puts her hope in after being released from prison?
3. Why is Nelson released from prison?
4. How does Mary Teresa report her struggles in prison?
5. What does Lio say when he talks to Dede after the murders?
6. How does Manolo die?
7. How does Margarita help the family?
8. How does this book end?
9. Who tells the most about the experience in prison, and how is it described?
10. Who is Rufino and why is he important to the plot?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)