|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the family members not arrested stay while others are in prison?
(a) The farm
(b) Rebel headquarters
(c) Dede’s house
(d) Mercedes’s house
2. How does Minerva feel after being released from prison?
(a) Like a new woman
(b) Like a bomb ready to explode
(c) Like a shell of her old self
(d) Like a fool for her beliefs
3. Who writes about Minerva’s death?
4. How does Patria travel to visit her husband?
(a) She walks
(b) She takes a bus
(c) She drives
(d) She does not visit him
5. What does Dede say the Dominican Republic has become?
(a) A joke and a prison
(b) The playground of the Caribbean
(c) The jewel of the ocean
(d) The killing fields
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dede have to become when her sisters are killed?
2. Why does Trujillo allow someone to be released from prison?
3. How many women are in the cell with Minerva?
4. What does Mary Teresa experiment with in prison?
5. How did Dede feel about the rebellion?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Nelson released from prison?
2. How does this book end?
3. How are the sisters’ children cared for after they die?
4. What causes Patria to lose her farm?
5. How does Mary Teresa report her struggles in prison?
6. Who is Victor, and how is he important to the plot?
7. Why is Leandro moved to a different prison?
8. How does Margarita help the family?
9. What happens after Mary Teresa reports her struggles in prison?
10. Who is Rufino and why is he important to the plot?
This section contains 608 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)