|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Trujillo allow someone to be released from prison?
(a) To save on the cost of keeping him locked up
(b) To get cooperation from the family
(c) To hide his real motives
(d) To improve his image
2. What does Minerva fear as she heads to visit her husband?
(a) An ambush
(b) All of these
(c) A bomb
(d) Her husband will be dead
3. How many women are in the cell with Minerva?
4. Where are inspectors for the prison sent from?
(c) The United States of America
(d) Puerto Rico
5. Who writes about Minerva’s death?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Minerva tries to call her house after visiting her husband?
2. What kind of prisoners is Mary Teresa kept with?
3. Where did Dede see Lio after her sisters’ murder?
4. Which of the following is NOT arrested?
5. Who does Trujillo allow to be released?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Victor, and how is he important to the plot?
2. How does Margarita help the family?
3. What does Lio say when he talks to Dede after the murders?
4. Who tells the most about the experience in prison, and how is it described?
5. How does Minerva respond to the failure of what she puts her hope in after being released from prison?
6. How does Manolo die?
7. What happens to Mary Teresa in prison?
8. Why is Nelson released from prison?
9. How does Mary Teresa report her struggles in prison?
10. What happens after Mary Teresa reports her struggles in prison?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)