|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Maria Teresa’s favorite pleasure as a child?
(a) Days on the beach
(d) Cinnamon rolls
2. Why does Minerva perform a play?
(a) She wants to send a message
(b) There is a celebration
(c) It is an assignment
(d) Sinita needs something to cheer her up
3. What is Pedro’s nick name?
4. What helps heal Minerva’s marital problems?
(a) They join the rebellion
(b) They go away together for a while
(c) They have a child
(d) They go to church
5. Why does Minerva do something dramatic while dancing with someone?
(a) She feels it is expected of her
(b) She has missed him
(c) She gets tired of lewd behavior
(d) She knows it is a public place
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is it strange for Minerva’s family to leave early from an important party?
2. Who does Dede talk to about her family?
3. Who does Mary Teresa marry?
4. When did Dede’s father give a prediction about her future?
5. What is Sinita’s last name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens on June 14th?
2. How did Minerva feel about her schooling?
3. Who is Hilda?
4. What saves Minerva’s marriage?
5. Why does Mary Teresa bury her diary?
6. What happens between Minerva and Trujillo at the dance party?
7. Why is Enrique arrested?
8. How does Mercedes feel about her husband’s affairs?
9. What significance does the word ‘Mariposa’ have on this book?
10. How does Minerva respond when she learns about her illegitimate sisters?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)