|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the party held that Minerva attends after discovering letters have been hid from her?
(a) At the main plaza
(b) In a ballroom
(c) In a cathedral
2. Who hosts the grand party that Minerva attends after discovering letters have been hid from her?
(a) The church
(b) The school
3. Who has been regularly sending Minerva letters?
4. What keeps Minerva from a good career after her second graduation?
(a) She is a woman
(b) She has children
(c) She is not in a city area
(d) She is not allowed to practice
5. What does someone have to do to get the person who was arrested after the party out of prison?
(a) Make a public statement
(b) Make love with Trujillo
(c) Sign a contract
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of these is NOT in Minerva’s play?
2. What does Lio ask of Minerva with the item he leaves for her when he flees the country?
3. What month is Patria’s retreat held in?
4. What helps Patria regain her faith?
5. What is Pedro’s occupation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What convinces Patria to join the rebel movement?
2. Who is Lio?
3. What does Patria name her third child, and why?
4. What is the political climate in the Dominican Republic at the time of this book?
5. What is the rebel movement named, and why?
6. How does Minerva respond when she learns about her illegitimate sisters?
7. Why is Enrique arrested?
8. What is the most shocking thing Minerva learns in her schooling?
9. What happened during Minerva’s play?
10. Why are people interested in Dede’s story?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)