|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Minerva meet Hilda?
(b) The market
(d) A festival
2. Why does Maria Teresa not like Hilda?
(a) She is poor
(b) She sleeps around
(c) She is American
(d) She is a revolutionary
3. What incriminating evidence gets left behind at the party Minerva leaves early?
4. Who tries to kill Trujillo during Minerva’s play?
5. Why does Minerva’s family leave early from an important party?
(a) It begins to rain
(b) They know Trujillo is angry
(c) Lio has to leave soon
(d) Dede gets sick
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lio’s real name?
2. What is Minerva’s new goal after graduating school?
3. How did Sinita’s brother die?
4. How many illegitimate daughters does Enrique have?
5. What is Lio’s occupation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the rebel movement named, and why?
2. How does Minerva respond when she learns about her illegitimate sisters?
3. Why are people interested in Dede’s story?
4. How does Mary Teresa narrate differently than her sisters?
5. How did Dede feel about Lio when they met?
6. How does Trujillo respond to Minerva’s play?
7. What does Patria name her third child, and why?
8. What significance does the word ‘Mariposa’ have on this book?
9. What does Lio ask of Dede before he goes into hiding?
10. What caused Sinita to hate Trujillo?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)