|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the person who Dede talks to about her family from?
(d) The Peru
2. What is Trujillo’s first name?
3. What incriminating evidence gets left behind at the party Minerva leaves early?
4. What does Mary Teresa have to do when Hilda is caught?
(a) Call her father
(b) Testify against her
(c) Bury her diary
(d) Hide Minerva
5. Where did Minerva meet Hilda?
(a) A festival
(d) The market
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Minerva feel after graduating?
2. How long is Minerva out of school before she moves on to her next goal?
3. How did Dede feel about Lio’s political ideas?
4. Who does Lio ask for help with delivering something to Minerva when he flees the country?
5. Who does Trujillo arrest after the party?
Short Essay Questions
1. What saves Minerva’s marriage?
2. What happens to Lina?
3. What does Patria name her third child, and why?
4. What does Lio ask of Dede before he goes into hiding?
5. What is Dede doing at the beginning of the book?
6. How does Dede’s life compare to the prediction of her future?
7. Why is Enrique arrested?
8. How does Trujillo respond to Minerva’s play?
9. Who is Lio?
10. How did Dede feel about Lio when they met?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)