|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many women are in the cell with Minerva?
2. What happens to the movement after Minerva is released from prison?
(a) It gets stronger
(b) It moves to another country
(c) It goes more secret than ever
(d) It dies down
3. What happens when Minerva tries to call her house after visiting her husband?
(a) The conversation is recorded
(b) The line is busy
(c) The phone breaks
(d) The line has a lot of static
4. What is Victor’s job?
(a) To find girls for Trujillo
(b) To spy on the rebellion
(c) To threaten people for Trujillo
(d) To keep tabs on the family
5. Why is it hard for Patria to visit her husband?
(a) He has been very sick
(b) He has been re-located
(c) She is pregnant
(d) She is searched and assaulted every time
6. How does Minerva feel after being released from prison?
(a) Like a bomb ready to explode
(b) Like a new woman
(c) Like a fool for her beliefs
(d) Like a shell of her old self
7. What happens after Mary Teresa tells someone about her torture?
(a) The women are released
(b) The person she tells is killed
(c) The torture gets worse
(d) The torture stops
8. What happens to Minerva when what she hoped for after being released from prison doesn’t happen?
(a) Her family turns against her
(b) Her spirit is crushed
(c) Her devotion switches sides
(d) Her love for her husband diminishes
9. How did Dede feel about the rebellion?
(a) She was obsessed with it
(b) She hated it
(c) She was sympathetic to it
(d) She was confused by it
10. What does Patria lose when family members are arrested?
(a) Her business
(b) Her farm
(c) Her son
(d) Her dowry
11. Where does Trujillo talk about his biggest obstacles?
(a) A public meeting
(b) The prison
(c) A dinner party
(d) His council
12. How is Mary Teresa tortured?
(a) All of the above
(b) She is starved
(c) She is electrocuted
(d) She is whipped
13. Who does Trujillo allow to be released?
14. What does Trujillo say is his biggest obstacle?
(a) The United States
(b) The church
(c) The soldiers
(d) The Mirabal sisters
15. Where does the family members not arrested stay while others are in prison?
(a) Rebel headquarters
(b) Mercedes’s house
(c) Dede’s house
(d) The farm
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are inspectors for the prison sent from?
2. What title does Victor have?
3. Who is forced to watch Mary Teresa be tortured?
4. How did Minerva die?
5. Who writes about Minerva’s death?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)