|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Minerva feel after being released from prison?
(a) Like a bomb ready to explode
(b) Like a fool for her beliefs
(c) Like a shell of her old self
(d) Like a new woman
2. Where does the family members not arrested stay while others are in prison?
(a) Dede’s house
(b) Rebel headquarters
(c) Mercedes’s house
(d) The farm
3. How many women are in the cell with Minerva?
4. Where is Puerto Plata?
(a) Near the border
(b) Along the shore
(c) In the jungle
(d) In the mountains
5. What punishment is given Minerva after she is released from prison?
(a) House arrest
(d) Community Service
6. Who raises the children of the murdered sisters?
7. What was done to Minerva’s body after she was killed?
(a) It was raped
(b) It was thrown off a cliff
(c) It was ripped apart
(d) It was burnt
8. How does Patria travel to visit her husband?
(a) She takes a bus
(b) She does not visit him
(c) She walks
(d) She drives
9. When did Dede have some serious marital problems?
10. How did Dede get through her marital struggles?
(a) She worked them out
(b) She had an affair
(c) She cared for him while he was sick
(d) She left the rebellion alone
11. How did Patria die?
(a) She was beaten to death
(b) She was shot
(c) She was stabbed
(d) She was poisoned
12. What does Patria try to do before she heads home after visiting her husband?
(a) All of these listed
(b) See a doctor
(c) Call home
(d) Attend church
13. What does Minerva fear as she heads to visit her husband?
(a) A bomb
(b) An ambush
(c) All of these
(d) Her husband will be dead
14. What happens after Mary Teresa tells someone about her torture?
(a) The torture gets worse
(b) The torture stops
(c) The person she tells is killed
(d) The women are released
15. What title does Victor have?
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes life dangerous for Mercedes while her family is in prison?
2. Where did Dede see Lio after her sisters’ murder?
3. How does Margarita help the family?
4. How did Dede feel about the rebellion?
5. Where does Trujillo talk about his biggest obstacles?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)