|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Trujillo talk about his biggest obstacles?
(a) A public meeting
(b) The prison
(c) A dinner party
(d) His council
2. What happens to Minerva when what she hoped for after being released from prison doesn’t happen?
(a) Her spirit is crushed
(b) Her devotion switches sides
(c) Her family turns against her
(d) Her love for her husband diminishes
3. How does Margarita help the family?
(a) She distracts Victor
(b) She comforts them
(c) She brings them food
(d) She gets packages sent to the prison
4. How is Margarita related to Patria?
(a) She is a niece
(b) She is a half sister
(c) She is a cousin
(d) She is an aunt
5. Who is forced to watch Mary Teresa be tortured?
(a) All of the above
6. What happens after Mary Teresa tells someone about her torture?
(a) The women are released
(b) The person she tells is killed
(c) The torture gets worse
(d) The torture stops
7. Where does the family members not arrested stay while others are in prison?
(a) Dede’s house
(b) The farm
(c) Mercedes’s house
(d) Rebel headquarters
8. How does Patria travel to visit her husband?
(a) She takes a bus
(b) She drives
(c) She does not visit him
(d) She walks
9. Who does Mary Teresa tell about her torture?
(a) Her husband
(b) An inspector
(c) Her mother
(d) A guard
10. What does Minerva say brings the best out in her?
11. Where did Dede see Lio after her sisters’ murder?
(a) A reception
(b) A political rally
(c) A graduation
(d) A dinner party
12. How did Dede feel about the rebellion?
(a) She hated it
(b) She was obsessed with it
(c) She was confused by it
(d) She was sympathetic to it
13. What title does Victor have?
14. Where is Puerto Plata?
(a) Along the shore
(b) Near the border
(c) In the jungle
(d) In the mountains
15. What was done to Minerva’s body after she was killed?
(a) It was raped
(b) It was ripped apart
(c) It was thrown off a cliff
(d) It was burnt
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Trujillo say is his biggest obstacle?
2. How does Minerva feel after being released from prison?
3. How did Minerva die?
4. What does Dede have to become when her sisters are killed?
5. Why is it hard for Patria to visit her husband?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)