|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Dede never join the rebellion?
(a) She was busy
(b) Her husband would not let her
(c) She was scared
(d) Her husband got sick
2. Why is it hard for Minerva to visit her husband?
(a) She is searched and assaulted every time
(b) She is having an affair
(c) He has been very sick
(d) He has been re-located
3. What is Margarita’s last name?
4. Who writes about Minerva’s time in prison?
(a) Mary Teresa
5. What happens after Manolo surrenders?
(a) He is murdered
(b) He is sent to prison
(c) He kills himself
(d) He takes a job and moves on
6. What was done to Minerva’s body after she was killed?
(a) It was burnt
(b) It was raped
(c) It was thrown off a cliff
(d) It was ripped apart
7. Where are inspectors for the prison sent from?
(a) The United States of America
(c) Puerto Rico
8. Why does Minerva travel with Patria when she visits her husband?
(a) She loves her sister
(b) They are in the same place
(c) She is scared to go alone
(d) All of these listed
9. What does Trujillo say is his biggest obstacle?
(a) The United States
(b) The soldiers
(c) The church
(d) The Mirabal sisters
10. What does Dede say the Dominican Republic has become?
(a) The jewel of the ocean
(b) The playground of the Caribbean
(c) A joke and a prison
(d) The killing fields
11. What happens after Mary Teresa tells someone about her torture?
(a) The women are released
(b) The person she tells is killed
(c) The torture gets worse
(d) The torture stops
12. What does Minerva say brings the best out in her?
13. What happens to Minerva when what she hoped for after being released from prison doesn’t happen?
(a) Her spirit is crushed
(b) Her family turns against her
(c) Her love for her husband diminishes
(d) Her devotion switches sides
14. How many women are in the cell with Minerva?
15. How did Patria die?
(a) She was stabbed
(b) She was poisoned
(c) She was beaten to death
(d) She was shot
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Dede have some serious marital problems?
2. What happens to the movement after Minerva is released from prison?
3. Who writes about Minerva’s death?
4. How does Minerva feel after being released from prison?
5. Who does Margarita know at the prison?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)