|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What keeps Minerva from a good career after her second graduation?
(a) She is not allowed to practice
(b) She has children
(c) She is a woman
(d) She is not in a city area
2. Where is Lina sent when she gets pregnant?
3. What does ‘Viva’ mean in Spanish?
(b) Long live
(c) Hooray for
(d) Help him
4. What does Minerva win with her play?
(a) A chance to perform for Trujillo
(b) A scholarship
(c) A night with Trujillo
(d) A medal of honor
5. What is Lio’s last name?
6. What is mentioned with the silk?
7. What does Patra name her first daughter?
8. Who inspires Patria most while she is in school?
(a) Her teacher
(b) Her family
9. What does Minerva leave behind at a party she leaves early?
(a) Her hat
(b) Her purse
(c) Her card
(d) Her scarf
10. Who narrates the second chapter?
(a) Maria Teresa
11. Where is Patria when she regains her faith?
(a) In the post office
(b) At the market
(c) Passing a church
(d) In her bed
12. Who did Minerva marry?
13. What does Pedro help Patria decide?
(a) To join the revolution
(b) To finish her education
(c) To not be a nun
(d) To leave her family
14. What wounds Patria’s faith?
(a) Her father dies
(b) Her husband cheats on her
(c) Her baby dies
(d) Her friend is killed by Trujillo
15. Why does someone try to keep Minerva from having a good career?
(a) Out of jealousy
(b) She insulted him once
(c) She is a woman
(d) To protect her
Short Answer Questions
1. What is shocking about the man who gets Lina pregnant?
2. When did Enrique die?
3. What season does someone come to stay with Minerva’s family?
4. What is Trujillo’s first name?
5. How many people are in Minerva’s play?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)