|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Patria think about becoming while in school?
(a) A writer
(b) A teacher
(c) A nun
(d) A rebel
2. What is Pedro’s last name?
3. How many illegitimate daughters does Enrique have?
4. Who has been hiding letters sent to Minerva?
(a) The butler
(b) Her father
(c) Her mother
5. How does Maria Teresa narrate her sections?
(b) Through journal entries
(c) In past tense
(d) First person narrative
6. Who does Minerva dance with at the party she attends after learning her letters have been hidden?
(c) All of these
7. Who does Lio ask for help with delivering something to Minerva when he flees the country?
(a) Mary Teresa
8. Who does Trujillo arrest after the party?
9. What does Patria name her first son?
10. What does Minerva leave behind at a party she leaves early?
(a) Her purse
(b) Her card
(c) Her scarf
(d) Her hat
11. Why does Minerva not do what Lio asks of her when he has to flee the country?
(a) She is never given the item
(b) She doesn’t feel the same way he does
(c) She never gets the chance
(d) She is too scared
12. Why does Mary Teresa join the rebellion?
(a) She is assaulted by Trujillo
(b) She sees someone killed by Trujillo
(c) She falls in love with a rebel
(d) She is bored
13. Who has been regularly sending Minerva letters?
14. Who does Minerva marry?What does Minerva name her first child?
15. What does Patria look for while trying to decide what to be while in school?
(a) A man
(b) A sign
(c) A form of inspiration
(d) An opportunity
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes marital problems for Minerva?
2. When does this book begin?
3. Why is it ironic for Patria to lose her faith?
4. Why can’t Dede start a relationship with Lio?
5. What is Lina’s distinction in the school?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)