|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section III: 1960.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is silk mentioned at the beginning of the book?
(a) Dede has fond memories of it
(b) Dede buried her sisters in it
(c) Dede hates the feel of it
(d) Dede wears it often
2. Why does Minerva travel with Patria when she visits her husband?
(a) They are in the same place
(b) She loves her sister
(c) All of these listed
(d) She is scared to go alone
3. Why can’t Dede start a relationship with Lio?
(a) She is involved with another man
(b) She knows her sister loves him
(c) She knows he is married
(d) She doesn’t trust him
4. Who specifically tries to keep Minerva from having a good career?
(a) Her husband
(d) Her father
5. Why does Minerva not do what Lio asks of her when he has to flee the country?
(a) She is never given the item
(b) She never gets the chance
(c) She doesn’t feel the same way he does
(d) She is too scared
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes marital problems for Minerva?
2. Why is it hard for Minerva to visit her husband?
3. Who has been regularly sending Minerva letters?
4. Why is it strange for Minerva’s family to leave early from an important party?
5. Why is someone forced to watch Mary Teresa be tortured?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)