|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Arthur Lux want to talk to Patricia for?
(a) Background information.
(b) Clues to where Kathy might be.
(c) Helping him look for Kathy.
(d) Incriminating evidence against John.
2. What does Arthur Lux tell John when John goes to meet Patricia's arrival?
(a) That he suspects her of murder.
(b) That people get lost here all the time.
(c) That Kathy will turn up.
(d) That he believes in him as a politician.
3. How does John spend his time in Chapter 19, "What was Found"?
(a) On the phone.
(b) In the woods.
(c) On the lake.
(d) Searching the islands.
4. What food does Kathy have, in the scenario the narrator describes in Chapter 18, "Hypothesis"?
5. What gesture does John make after Kathy returned from seeing Harmon?
(a) He cuddles with her.
(b) He kisses her.
(c) He squeezes her waist.
(d) He makes love to her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kathy say when Tony Carbo says that John likes to stack the deck?
2. What did PFC Thinbill tell John?
3. Who is Deborah Lindquist?
4. What is the narrator's last hypothesis?
5. How does Tony Carbo describe his relationship with John to Kathy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Kathy's feelings for Harmon, according to the narrator's hypothesis in Chapter 18.
2. Describe the conversation Kathy and Tony Carbo have after John finds them gambling together.
3. Describe the relationship between John and Vinny Pearson in Chapter 23, "Where They Looked".
4. What do Sandra Karra and Deborah Lindquist say about John's talents as a magician in the Evidence chapter, chapter 20?
5. Describe the night in Las Vegas when John found Kathy and Tony Carbo gambling.
6. Describe the relationship between Kathy and Tony Carbo.
7. What does Patricia say to John when she arrives?
8. Why did John reenlist after his first tour in Vietnam?
9. What do we know for sure at the end of the book?
10. Describe John's departure from Lake of the Woods.
This section contains 943 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)