|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What comes out about Sorcerer in testimony during the court martial?
(a) That he falsified his records.
(b) That he killed civilians.
(c) That he killed women and children.
(d) That he killed one of his own.
2. What technique does the narrator use in narrating the Hypothesis chapters?
3. How long do Patricia and John search for Kathy for?
(a) A month.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) Three days.
(d) Two weeks.
4. What is Arthur Lux's final opinion about John and Kathy?
(a) He knows John is a good guy.
(b) He feels like he should have listened to Vinny Pearson.
(c) He continues to examine different possibilities.
(d) He got busy with other things, and the mystery stopped being meaningful to him.
5. Why does Tony Carbo say he didn't leave John earlier than the election night?
(a) He is in love with Kathy.
(b) He needed to finish the job.
(c) He wanted to watch the whole thing play out.
(d) He needed the money.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator describe the killing at Thuan Yen?
2. What does the narrator say Kathy might have done in Chapter 22, "Hypothesis"?
3. What does Arthur Lux tell John when John goes to meet Patricia's arrival?
4. What do PFC Thinbill and John agree to do the night after the massacre?
5. What does Arthur Lux tell John about the election?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator theorize in the hypothesis in Chapter 18?
2. What did John and Kathy do after John gave his concession speech on election night?
3. Describe the relationship between John and Vinny Pearson in Chapter 23, "Where They Looked".
4. What does sorcerer admit to in the evidence from the court martial hearings?
5. What do Sandra Karra and Deborah Lindquist say about John's talents as a magician in the Evidence chapter, chapter 20?
6. Describe the scene the soldiers encountered when they were ordered back to Thuan Yen.
7. What does Patricia say to John when she arrives?
8. Why did John reenlist after his first tour in Vietnam?
9. Describe the scene of the massacre as the evidence reveals it in Chapter 21.
10. What did John and his company do after the massacre?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)